Region 15 Finals: Johnstown Monroe vs. Meadowbrook

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Re: Region 15 Finals: Johnstown Monroe vs. Meadowbrook

Post by JHS Pride »

Brutus87 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 pm Is ironton playing johnstown this Saturday? Asking for a friend.
That was so my point my last post, hell with ironton, we beat them, last I checked we play Medowbrook on Saturday

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

I’m confident about what I said in previous post and still confident after watching Medowbrook film that JM still win by 2-3 TD, JM team is very focused this week, the most I’ve seen in recent years and weeks, practices this week very in tune, best I’ve seen all year, they been here so many times and this team and staff feels this is a special year for them.... This year is the year, best overall talent I’ve seen this year

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

If Meadowbrook doesn’t contain the Jtown option, Jtown will be in the game. If Meadowbrook contains the option, it will be a running clock.
Your sacks have come against teams trailing by 3 scores, when it is easy to pin your ears back and attack. It’s hard to simulate what you will be up against, when you pass 3 times a game.
I hope it’s a great game, and will be rooting for whichever team wins going forward, but Jtown’s run ends where it usually does, the regional finals.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

oldbballdad wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 pm If Meadowbrook doesn’t contain the Jtown option, Jtown will be in the game. If Meadowbrook contains the option, it will be a running clock.
Your sacks have come against teams trailing by 3 scores, when it is easy to pin your ears back and attack. It’s hard to simulate what you will be up against, when you pass 3 times a game.
I hope it’s a great game, and will be rooting for whichever team wins going forward, but Jtown’s run ends where it usually does, the regional finals.

Your wrong about the sacks also I have watching meadow brook videos and it seems there Defense struggles with the run

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

12 of your season total 20 sack came against Bellaire (5), Catholic (3), and Watkins(4)- all teams you beat by +4 td’s. I have not watched films, but assumed from the scores, that was the case. I could be wrong.
Also, 0 sacks against Granville.
And I didn’t say stop Jtown run, just contain, limit the big plays. From watching highlights, one could say Jtown can’t stop the pass, but knowing highlights only show one teams big plays....... never mind, if Jtown has not changed their DB philosophy, it could be a very interesting night.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

oldbballdad wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm 12 of your season total 20 sack came against Bellaire (5), Catholic (3), and Watkins(4)- all teams you beat by +4 td’s. I have not watched films, but assumed from the scores, that was the case. I could be wrong.
Also, 0 sacks against Granville.
And I didn’t say stop Jtown run, just contain, limit the big plays. From watching highlights, one could say Jtown can’t stop the pass, but knowing highlights only show one teams big plays....... never mind, if Jtown has not changed their DB philosophy, it could be a very interesting night.
If they contain Jtown run game they may have s chance, but that’s s tall task for the colts, it’s proven that three front seven may have trouble containing them. As far as them passing on us hoping to strick on our weakness, well they better get better at passing. I’m not concerned at all about the colts beating us, I truly believe they don’t match well against us on both sides of the ball, nothing against their talent or a diss on the program, sometimes teams just don’t match up well against their opponents, tomorrow night will be the case!!!

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

Confidence is a wonderful thing.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown has 61 sacks on the season about 5 per game

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

Interesting that the Colts first ever playoff game was in 2015 against JM, and now return playing for the region this year after their first ever playoff wins.

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm Johnstown has 61 sacks on the season about 5 per game
Max preps has them at 20, my bad..... or rather, whoever reports them for Jtown

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

oldbballdad wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:10 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm Johnstown has 61 sacks on the season about 5 per game
Max preps has them at 20, my bad..... or rather, whoever reports them for Jtown
We will have a couple more tomorrow night

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

When is Maxpreps ever up to date? I have not seen anyone beside Johnstown have an up to date or complete roster on there all season.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Interesting scores tonight in D6. I thought Kirtland would win comfortably or take it to Mogodore, had to score late to win. Great effort by Mogodore. Shadyside lost to Fort Frye like 18-6 I think. FF is a really good team and D6 program, but a 10-2 FF team lost to Johnstown Northridge 6-0 last season but it was early in the Season. Northridge did go 6-4 but lost to Johnstown 35-0. I know this is this year and the Kevin Bacon way of looking at scores means nothing, but it makes things interesting. Then on the other Hand Meadowbrook played Mogodore close who almost upset Kirtland a D6 Powerhouse. It goes to show you never know what is going to happen and you just have to go out and play the game. Will be interesting to see the scores tomorrow night between Jtown and MBrook and Licking Valley and St. Clairsville. Rooting for 2 Licking County Regional Titles! Good luck tomorrow night Johnnies!
Last edited by 55buckeyes98 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I think D will be the deciding factor for Jamestown Monroe. I know the quarterback is talented for Meadowbrook, but the D for JM is what stood out for me in game 11 via the webcast. I was very surprised Ironton hung with them at all after never playing 4 consistent quarters of FB most of their previous 10 games. JM can get it done in region 19. I’ll say good luck and predict Jamestown takes this one & meets a very strong region 20 winner.

Good luck Johnnies from Orlando!

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:15 am I think D will be the deciding factor for Jamestown Monroe. I know the quarterback is talented for Meadowbrook, but the D for JM is what stood out for me in game 11 via the webcast. I was very surprised Ironton hung with them at all after never playing 4 consistent quarters of FB most of their previous 10 games. JM can get it done in region 19. I’ll say good luck and predict Jamestown takes this one & meets a very strong region 20 winner.

Good luck Johnnies from Orlando!
It’s Johnstown.
So this is third person that posted how impressed they were with Jtown D in week 11, interesting to me because some people on this thread claimed Jtown D got pushed around and continue to question the season stats for the D and say pass D not good and can’t defend pass a so on and so on. Well.... all I can say is keep telling yourself negative thoughts if that makes you feel better and give you hope for tonight’s game.
I know and buckeye55 and 14vst, we watched Jtown for many years and we all agree this years team is the best all around team we ever had!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

This is the most consistent team I have seen. The offense is way better than they played against Ironton. Sometimes the O just gets out of sync and plays a half of football that leaves you scratching your head. They did have almost 200 yards in first half against Ironton and they lost that focus or intensity needed after halftime (kudos to Ironton). They did the same against Granville in reverse, they tensed up in first half and played much better 2nd half but couldn't finish. Vs valley they had well over 300 yards but only 10 points. If Jtown I plays like they did in first half vs Bellaire they can win tonight and be dangerous the rest of the way! Go Johnnies!

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Wallycpo1 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm Interesting that the Colts first ever playoff game was in 2015 against JM, and now return playing for the region this year after their first ever playoff wins.
Interesting..... same result this year

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Wallycpo1 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm Interesting that the Colts first ever playoff game was in 2015 against JM, and now return playing for the region this year after their first ever playoff wins.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

It’s game day Boys
Go Johnnies
This game is going to be loud
Defense wins Games
Last edited by 14svt on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

JHS Pride wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:10 am
Perhaps, my point was that it's funny how things work out.

Return to “Football”