East 32 Notre Dame 26

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC Championship (9-0) East @ (7-2) Notre Dame

Post by SEOPlegend »

js7_22 wrote:Do you know what the definition of humble means? I stated they lost on a last second pass. Where in that paragraph did I breach my humbleness?

You've been out of school for 6 years....You're a kid still...

Defending your team against who? No one has said anything negative about them until you spat off some nonsense calling players out. Every thread you post in you want someone to bow down to you or the team. That right there is the definition of not being humble.

This goes round and round with you constantly. Maybe a moderator needs to give you a break and let you realize how to act on a forum about high school kids. I've come to the conclusion that if East were 0-9 you wouldn't be here. I even believe you have a connection to East Football as well. We get it, you're a fan of East. Be the fan, don't be the guy/girl who won't stop putting others down and when you lose make up excuses.
Well they havent lost yet so I dont have a excuse to give. All i do is defend my team. Just like you defend your lovely Notre Dame player, An obviously 6 years out of school makes me over 18 so not a kid once again. I might be young but I am not a kid. I didnt put down anybody, just stating facts.

BLUE AND WHITE
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Give it a rest already and talk about the game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I think East offense is more balanced than Notre Dame. If ND does not attempt to throw the ball or try to keep East honest than East will win. Lowe throws the ball well but I think Notre Dame secondary will be ready this week.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Blue33 wrote:I'm picking East to win. Advantage East in the numbers and athletes on the roster. Notre Dame has played well this year. I have watched every East game this year and I don't think one time they have played an entire 4 quarters of football to their potential. Let's hope the next couple of weeks they do. "If" East minimizes penalties, plays as a team, and the offensive play calling isn't predictable, East wins by 2 scores. If any of those don't happen this one goes down to the last possession and who has it.

I say East will have to many flags in this game and the Titans will win this game

East Beast
Waterboy

Post by East Beast »

What could be a better wedding anniversary present than to travel 90 miles to come watch this game. This should be a great match to watch and I am looking forward to rooting on the boys from Sciotoville.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:I think East offense is more balanced than Notre Dame. If ND does not attempt to throw the ball or try to keep East honest than East will win. Lowe throws the ball well but I think Notre Dame secondary will be ready this week.
I agree, waiting until week 10 to start throwing the ball doesn't help though. I think ND will live and die by the run. Lowe does a good job throwing the ball around the field. ND's secondary will be tested again in this matchup. This has more than a gold ball on the line (but SOC is the most important at the moment). If ND wins they could jump up to a home field game and avoid traveling to Waterford and Trimble for a week. East is in the same spot as well, win and they have a home game and avoid the top 2.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

East get to 10-0 for the year I think in a close fought match-up, I will take them by 6.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Go Titans! As Father Pat would say Hit em hard make em fumble.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

If we're in week 10 and you haven't played a full game to your potential yet, then there is likely reasons why. If you have been plagued by flags and turnovers all season, then there are reasons why. At this point, you are who you are.

That being said, East has the advantages in depth, team speed, and offensive balance. ND is more than good enough to win this game though. They have played more consistent, and more to their potential than the Tartans.

This game should be tight, and could go either way. I really think the match up is strength on strength here. The Titans boast a great rushing attack with a couple home run hitters who can make you pay in an instant. The Tartan defense is fast, aggressive, and flies to the ball. Something has to give....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This is the funniest thread this week. I do think East is the better team. However ND has some play makers. THIS one, I believe, will go to the wire. Some one winning in the waning moments of the game.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.

GO EAGLES
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

brown22 wrote:This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.
Not trying to cause any arguments but I disagree with the competitive game. Yes ND and Eastern was a very competitive game and it could have went either way, but in no way shape or form was the East game against Eastern competitive. East JV was in the fourth quarter and played most of it. They also came in while East was on like the 30 yard line. The game could have been way worse then 36-14 if they were to stay in. If East stops Kayser they will win by a land slide, if they don't they will still win by two possessions just like last year where he had the game of his career with 250 yards against East.

BLUE AND WHITE
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Of course you disagree with anybody that makes a good post about this game. Special Teams may be a deciding factor in this game and the Titans hold the edge on this with Drew Cassidy's leg.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
brown22 wrote:This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.
Not trying to cause any arguments but I disagree with the competitive game. Yes ND and Eastern was a very competitive game and it could have went either way, but in no way shape or form was the East game against Eastern competitive. East JV was in the fourth quarter and played most of it. They also came in while East was on like the 30 yard line. The game could have been way worse then 36-14 if they were to stay in. If East stops Kayser they will win by a land slide, if they don't they will still win by two possessions just like last year where he had the game of his career with 250 yards against East.
Listen East is a good team they are but Eastern has only took 1 ass whipping this year and it was last week. Its clear to me as well as everyone on here u think East is as good as a burg, waverly, They are a good divison 7 school and the soc1 is not real competitive right now so don't set yourself for heartbreak thinking more of what it is. 9-0 or 10-0 is great it really is best win right now is a 4-5 Oak Hill team that has played a brutal schedule for a team in our league that's why East is undeafted and not ranked #1 cause who they have played. I'm not an East hater I myself am a Akia Brown fan I like the way he plays football and basketball and I will root for any soc team in the playoffs but I do realize who has played quality opponents and who has not.

GO EAGLES
AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

I think East's passing game and ND's lack of one, may be the difference. ND has several weapons and a passing game could have been another as they have some good targets, just never developed it for whatever reason :roll: There are so many factors on both teams that will play into the outcome of this game. Difficult to call but to throw out the records, size, speed, etc., who wants it most will win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

250 yards is by no means the game of Kaysers career. The kid goes and plays all out and if he doesn't have a game where he has over 200 all purpose yards then he's had a slow week. Considering there's games where he's been up over 300 all purpose don't make it sound like him having a good game only reason they were in the game. Also by saying GAME OF HIS CAREER you simply put it out there that he played lights out for that single game and that's the only time he's ever done that and probably wouldn't again. I mean everyone talks about Oak Hill as being East toughest game, a 9-0 team that toughest game came against a 4-5 school that had the lead late into the game. That's just not the sign of a team in my book this is playoff ready and 9-0 simply being a result of their schedule. I mean 7 wins against teams that have won 3 games or less. You can only play the teams on your schedule at the same time East needs or needed to have the future in mind when scheduling teams. Schools know when they have quality teams coming up and most will schedule accordingly. I still stick by the fact I do believe East will win this game with some big pass plays being the difference.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

When was the last time East went 10-0? Or even 9-1?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Looking at Eitel and the archives looks like 2008. 9-1. Finished as the #3 seed and lost first round. 2007 finished 10-0, #3 seed and lost in 1st round 48-21 to Mechanicsburg.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

If you go 9-1 or 10-0 and barely get a home playoff game, that will tell you something. You can't schedule your conference opponents but you can your non-conference.

Valley is 0-9, not sure I see East scheduling them to play a few years ago. It's a simple fact, you try to schedule up a bit when you are good, and schedule down when you believe you are not as good. But East beating teams with a 3-6, 1-8, 1-8 and 0-9 schedule does not prepare you for the playoffs at all.

Btw, No one on here thinks East is in the same game with Burg and Waverly, no idea where that came from.

There you go again SEOPlegend, putting down ND players...
Kayser was having a great game last year, until a personal foul (and honestly should have been ejected from the game) 6 yards deep in the end zone ended his night with a concussion (after he scored), but not a career night. He has rushed for over 300 yards in a single game multiple times. This is the reason he is SOC Back of the Year, and should be again this year, hands down.

East has some growing up to do, I hope after the regular season they do have a successful run in the playoffs, but only if they should avoid ND again lol.
Last edited by js7_22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Moving on though, will East play the normal 5-3 all in the box defense? If so, will ND spread them out and try to run them more? If so, East could be in trouble with their linebackers sucking up too much too quickly. Notre Dame will have to get outside and block because East has a good secondary that flies to the ball.

Return to “Football”