1%
Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Re: OVC in 2016 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by bhicks42 »

jgrlzz wrote:HAS COAL GROVE BEEN ABLE TO SCHEDULE ANYONE FOR THE SEASON OPENER?
Schedule says St John Catholic Central on Sat the 27th

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

awesome open dates kill ya.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC 2016

startin to get excited.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

cg-ironton fan wrote:the battle for the ovc will come down to 2 teams this year. its either CG or RH
If RH wins the league the league is not worth a crap!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Game day wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:the battle for the ovc will come down to 2 teams this year. its either CG or RH
If RH wins the league the league is not worth a crap!
You have a lot of issues

You can't handle the truth
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

You really think if RH wins the league then it is a good league? I am not the one with the issues you keep following every post I post.

Now who
Is the one with the issues?

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Game day wrote:You really think if RH wins the league then it is a good league? I am not the one with the issues you keep following every post I post.

Now who
Is the one with the issues?
First of all is the ovc a strong league right now NO
Second all your post is putting down RH schools, staff and kids that play.everything you say is they can't win they did last year without your support. Your issues with a few others are why there is a problem

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we did have 3 playoff teams last year from the league. but you're right overall the league as a whole is very down.
hoping things get even better this year.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

CG & RH should run table in this ovc 2016

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you funny.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I will consider the OVC a strong league in football when there are a least a couple of teams that not only make the playoffs, but advance to the 2nd or 3rd round. At this point in time I don't think the OVC can be regarded as such. The SOC has a much better track record of playoff performance than the OVC, and has had Wheelersburg and Valley in recent past that have advanced to the 3rd and 4th round of the tournament on multiple occasions.

The OVC could make a stronger case for football quality if Portsmouth can get back on the winning track. The Trojans have 9 playoff appearances, and 2 Final 4 trips (1984, 2000) to go along with a regional final (2001). Ironton, for almost 40 years the most dominant program in SE Ohio, has slipped off the podium, which is now occupied by Wheelersburg. It would help the OVC's image if the Fighting Tigers could rise again to be a program that not just makes the playoffs, but wins a couple of rounds. There is really no other program in the OVC that has a track record of consistent playoff performance, and that doesn't help the conference's reputation.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree with every word you said dave.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

First off there isn't a good team in the OVC or SOC period unless you want to call getting a running clock on you in the play off's a good team then that might be true in Southeast Ohio. After all someone has to represent SE Ohio good or bad and the only team that has done that year in and year out was Ironton and that is in the pass. Both the OVC and SOC have got a lot of work to do to become strong conference's and by that I mean to really compete against the other regions. You can't say you have a strong conference if you got to the finial four and get your ass kick with a running clock. It just means your region so weak it's sorry. To get to the point I am trying to say is folks you need to go and watch some games during the regular season in some of the other regions to get a picture of what high school football is today in Ohio. That means you might have to give up watching your team once or twice a year but you will have a better feel for what the game has change to over the years. If you only watch SEO football than that is all your going to know and your going wonder why you had a running clock put on you in the finial four. I just look over the schedules for the OVC and SOC teams and I just don't see what is going to prepare you for the other regions. Quit playing the so call good Ky teams (Cause they can't hold a flash light for most Ohio teams) and get out of SEO and play the teams that your going to maybe face in the play offs. Now I know it would take a couple of years to do that but it's what's going to help you get ready for the play offs. It's how Ironton got prepared to play in the play offs for years. Now their putting themselves in the same place as the other teams in SEO. I wish all your teams good luck this year and darn I hope I am wrong about what I see coming this year for you in the play off's. Weak scheduldes = weak Conference's=weak region.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

gentlemen, it all comes down to athletes,how many Division one football players do we have in the deep south? When in comparison to the programs we meet in the programs during the playoffs ( I said it,,,,PROGRAMS) well, there isn't a comparison.Why do we see the same programs each year in the playoffs? Because the big time kids want to play for these programs, rules etc etc, believe me, the programs make it happen for these kids.Enjoy our seasons, our rivalries and our style of football, in most cases that's what we get.....and that's it.At this point, Id be happy to see my Trojans make the playoffs, it would just maybe keep some kids at home, and better help us to just maybe have a PROGRAM

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

knightruner wrote:First off there isn't a good team in the OVC or SOC period unless you want to call getting a running clock on you in the play off's a good team then that might be true in Southeast Ohio. After all someone has to represent SE Ohio good or bad and the only team that has done that year in and year out was Ironton and that is in the pass. Both the OVC and SOC have got a lot of work to do to become strong conference's and by that I mean to really compete against the other regions. You can't say you have a strong conference if you got to the finial four and get your ass kick with a running clock. It just means your region so weak it's sorry. To get to the point I am trying to say is folks you need to go and watch some games during the regular season in some of the other regions to get a picture of what high school football is today in Ohio. That means you might have to give up watching your team once or twice a year but you will have a better feel for what the game has change to over the years. If you only watch SEO football than that is all your going to know and your going wonder why you had a running clock put on you in the finial four. I just look over the schedules for the OVC and SOC teams and I just don't see what is going to prepare you for the other regions. Quit playing the so call good Ky teams (Cause they can't hold a flash light for most Ohio teams) and get out of SEO and play the teams that your going to maybe face in the play offs. Now I know it would take a couple of years to do that but it's what's going to help you get ready for the play offs. It's how Ironton got prepared to play in the play offs for years. Now their putting themselves in the same place as the other teams in SEO. I wish all your teams good luck this year and darn I hope I am wrong about what I see coming this year for you in the play off's. Weak scheduldes = weak Conference's=weak region.
If you're referring to burg representing the soc or ovc, keep in mind they waxed every team in the region. Burg, valley, Portsmouth, not just Ironton have represented the south very well. Cold water has just been on another level. A level unheard of. The southeast region is not thriving economically and kids get uprooted and programs suffer.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Most teams in the southeast Ohio are just happy to win their conference and make the playoffs, Times has changed your not going to see a bunch transferring to another school to build a championship team

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE WITH WHAT WOBY SAID. AND I AGREE WITH ALOT OF WHAT RUNNER SAID. BUTTTTTTTTTTT
we have no inner cities to speak of. we have no huge populations in southern ohio as other major cities in the state. and I agree about what built ironton and burg into perennial playoff teams. ironton has slid off the top rung of the ladder no doubt. and burg has pushed them off and taken that spot by force. with Portsmouth being in a major funk. those are the biggest most populated cities/communities that we have. it was just a couple years ago ironton was playing the desales, bishop wattersons, the bishop hartleys, beechwood ky's and all. I agree about the schedules getting watered down. but the current ovc lineup was an excellent strategic move now looking back. we have to change the culture. we need the same attitude on the field we had in the past. you can't coach like you used too. and now you have multiple distractions such as the internet. by in large the majority of young kids are just more interested in chilling. I'm not going to say lazy, but you know what's going on everywhere. ironton lost the winningest ohio high school football coach ever. his record will likely never be broken. what he did there was an absolute miracle with top notch assistants and players. the kids there are the same kind of kids we had. we need a checkup from the neckup. in ironton's case the play calling is just way to ptredictable and prehistoric, and it's not working. I honestly believe we have a staff that can do it better. but that has to be a hotseat situation at this point. just not producing. wheelersburg is somehow continuing to keep the hard--- attitude. so I honestly suspect they do not allow the interference of politics and parents. which is exactly what bob lutz did for 40 years. nobody in this area will topple the burg without a big chip on their shoulders and going into the game with them better prepared. and poor Portsmouth they are another team that would have never lost an ovc game. and they have been deplorable for quite a number of years. I honestly believe we can be productive and tough again as a league as with the soc. but it ain't gonna happen without getting in some grills and findout who wants to lay it on the line. or just be on the team for the homecoming dance.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I really don't know how to say it any other way.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

knightruner wrote:First off there isn't a good team in the OVC or SOC period unless you want to call getting a running clock on you in the play off's a good team then that might be true in Southeast Ohio. After all someone has to represent SE Ohio good or bad and the only team that has done that year in and year out was Ironton and that is in the pass. Both the OVC and SOC have got a lot of work to do to become strong conference's and by that I mean to really compete against the other regions. You can't say you have a strong conference if you got to the finial four and get your ass kick with a running clock. It just means your region so weak it's sorry. To get to the point I am trying to say is folks you need to go and watch some games during the regular season in some of the other regions to get a picture of what high school football is today in Ohio. That means you might have to give up watching your team once or twice a year but you will have a better feel for what the game has change to over the years. If you only watch SEO football than that is all your going to know and your going wonder why you had a running clock put on you in the finial four. I just look over the schedules for the OVC and SOC teams and I just don't see what is going to prepare you for the other regions. Quit playing the so call good Ky teams (Cause they can't hold a flash light for most Ohio teams) and get out of SEO and play the teams that your going to maybe face in the play offs. Now I know it would take a couple of years to do that but it's what's going to help you get ready for the play offs. It's how Ironton got prepared to play in the play offs for years. Now their putting themselves in the same place as the other teams in SEO. I wish all your teams good luck this year and darn I hope I am wrong about what I see coming this year for you in the play off's. Weak scheduldes = weak Conference's=weak region.
Coldwater has pretty munch done that to everyone the last few years

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fbnut wrote:
If you use that criteria I'm not sure there have been any good teams in div5 period the last few years because coldwater has rolled everyone come playoff time

Return to “Football”