Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK5 (4-0) Wheelersburg @ (4-0) Jackson

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win Pirates!!! Always a tough place to go and play. Jackson has a big line that just got gassed in the 2nd half. Burg was able to get penetration in the 2nd half and shut down the Ironmen's running game. Saw somewhere on here that Jackson had 56 total yards in the 2nd half. That was impressive!!

Good luck Jackson the rest of the way! Go out and win that new league you are in!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Catchup13 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:07 am
Neutron Man wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 pm
Ironmen92 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm Neutron man are you serious, you do know the white part of the end zone is out of bounds, right? And your touchdown in the end zone closest to the busses #2 was out of bounds! You guys had to fake punt to score a touch down! So, the only real touchdown you have earned was the blocked punt!

:lol: :lol:
Thanks Terry Stevenson for this camera shot. And ultimately proving me right.
I guess I do know what the white part of the end zone is!

Congrats Burg and Good luck to a very good Jackson team
I don't think this picture gives justice to how fast the play actually happened and that fact that the official was on the run. He has to make the call on the run, because if his starting position. College football uses 7 officials. It's about time for high school to go to 6. Might help a lot of plays not be made on the run. Help slow the game down a little.
It wasn't that tough of a call, it wasn't that close. He looked in from where I was sitting and the official was right there. Would like to see a picture of the fumble that was or wasn't a forward pass. Thought they missed 2 very late hits as well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm
24sevenfootball wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm Burg Great Team, Ironmen very good team. More than anything Jackson Ironmen were out coached, it was like a NFL coach vs a Flag football coach. Lol
Wasn't X's and O's pal it was Jimmys and Joes, we were better at every single spot.
Maybe more but I saw at least 2 players from Jackson I'd take :D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:26 am Jackson had 56 I repeat 56 total yards in the 2nd half!!
Wasn't hard to do honestly, Jackson seemed like they simply went into halftime in a 21-14 game and getting the ball and said ok what we're doing is working everyone rest and we'll go back out. Burg went in and made excellent halftime adjustments both offensively and defensively, Jackson just continued what they were doing and was hoping it worked.

Couple things on some of the calls, one not saying it effected the game at all outcome would've been the same. The Holden TD, or where they called him out of bounds it was bam bam play I was sitting toward the opposite endzone and thought initially he was in but figured maybe ref just read the kid pushing him out of bounds before his foot hit. There was 2 catches Holden made that I'd love to see the replay see if they were catches as they were heading towards the busses. 1 was where he jumped in the air at about the 10 he was almost level and his feet landed out of bounds and body in bounds they called it good would love to see which area of the body hit 1st. 2nd was his TD on that same drive the official was blocking my view on that as he was going to the ground to make the catch because the Jackson kid ended up getting up with the ball and they seemed pretty adamant he didn't catch it.

The pass that was backwards looked backwards from where I was at, the QB looked from my seat to turn his shoulders to the backfield while throwing which to me was an indication it was a backwards pass.
If Jackson thinks they're going to be playing in and have any chance in week 11 they have to become a little more diversified. Now maybe they simply don't have the personnel to do this and if that's the case then you have to play mistake free ball. You can't get 3-4 yards a carry then kill your momentum by jumping off sides.

For Burg really thought you showed a lot of different formations which make it difficult to prepare for but the base of your plays was the same just different looks, more of a smoke and mirrors thing. However you guys were crisp and really controlled the LOS all night long especially the 2nd half. With all the movement in the division I'm sure you guys have an excellent shot at going to state. However, this hype train has been said time and time and time again each year. This year please just take it one game at a time do what you do and good luck to you guys but don't get ahead of yourselves it's bit you in the butt last few years. Play hard, play fast and good luck I'm sure I'll catch another game probably won't be till playoff time though

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:26 am Jackson had 56 I repeat 56 total yards in the 2nd half!!
Wasn't hard to do honestly, Jackson seemed like they simply went into halftime in a 21-14 game and getting the ball and said ok what we're doing is working everyone rest and we'll go back out. Burg went in and made excellent halftime adjustments both offensively and defensively, Jackson just continued what they were doing and was hoping it worked.

Couple things on some of the calls, one not saying it effected the game at all outcome would've been the same. The Holden TD, or where they called him out of bounds it was bam bam play I was sitting toward the opposite endzone and thought initially he was in but figured maybe ref just read the kid pushing him out of bounds before his foot hit. There was 2 catches Holden made that I'd love to see the replay see if they were catches as they were heading towards the busses. 1 was where he jumped in the air at about the 10 he was almost level and his feet landed out of bounds and body in bounds they called it good would love to see which area of the body hit 1st. 2nd was his TD on that same drive the official was blocking my view on that as he was going to the ground to make the catch because the Jackson kid ended up getting up with the ball and they seemed pretty adamant he didn't catch it.

The pass that was backwards looked backwards from where I was at, the QB looked from my seat to turn his shoulders to the backfield while throwing which to me was an indication it was a backwards pass.
If Jackson thinks they're going to be playing in and have any chance in week 11 they have to become a little more diversified. Now maybe they simply don't have the personnel to do this and if that's the case then you have to play mistake free ball. You can't get 3-4 yards a carry then kill your momentum by jumping off sides.

For Burg really thought you showed a lot of different formations which make it difficult to prepare for but the base of your plays was the same just different looks, more of a smoke and mirrors thing. However you guys were crisp and really controlled the LOS all night long especially the 2nd half. With all the movement in the division I'm sure you guys have an excellent shot at going to state. However, this hype train has been said time and time and time again each year. This year please just take it one game at a time do what you do and good luck to you guys but don't get ahead of yourselves it's bit you in the butt last few years. Play hard, play fast and good luck I'm sure I'll catch another game probably won't be till playoff time though
Both of those catches are on the Gridiron Glory episode from last night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 am

I was on the field tonight. Here's what I saw.

1. I agree with the bang bang play on the picture above. With that momentum, it would be hard to split decision that. This is why there's replay in college and NFL so those things go in the right direction.

2. Holden was way out abounds at the ten. The ball did hit 1st but I was told by the official, who was replaced by the official that made the call because he was injured, that if the feet aren't in, then it's not a catch.

3. Holden's catch in the end zone was caught in end zone but ripped out while he was on ground. It looked like he had clearly came to ground with it before it was ripped. Same official agreed with me.

4. It was a lateral pass but I think what made it more easy to call a fumble was the manner in which Salyers threw it. He kind of just basketballed it to Lowry.

Other than that, I didn't think they were that bad.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

24sevenfootball wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 pm Great Game Wheelersburg! Andy Hall you are a moron! Wow unreal how bad you are.
People like you are what makes program's look worse than the games they lose do. As a couch coach what would you have done. There options were limited with a sophomore QB with little varsity experience to throw the ball. They ran the ball against Burg as well as anyone has all year and put up one hell of a game the first half. So if you have any knowledge about football or a pair between your legs let us all know how you could have won the game or just be quiet and don't put the blame on a good coach and a good program. You make your community look bad when you post crap like this!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Burg impresses yet again. Keep it up Pirates.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Saw a drone in the air last night. Would love to see an aerial pic of the game. Because, good gracious, there was lot of people there.
Last edited by Catchup13 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

24sevenfootball wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm Burg Great Team, Ironmen very good team. More than anything Jackson Ironmen were out coached, it was like a NFL coach vs a Flag football coach. Lol
If you're going to bash a coach at least entertain us with what you could have done. This game had nothing to do with coaches. It came down to Burg having more athletes on the field. If Jackson would have won I'm sure you would be on here saying that Andy Hall is a coaching genius. SMH!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The Jackson coaches called plays that gave them the best chance to win. They had to control the ball and run the clock to try to shorten the game and keep the ball away from the burgs O.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i'm not gonna say who said it to me but all i heard all wk from some of my jackson friends was that we are overrated. just how overrated are we now

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

fbnut wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am The Jackson coaches called plays that gave them the best chance to win. They had to control the ball and run the clock to try to shorten the game and keep the ball away from the burgs O.
I agree. They controlled the clock he first half by running the ball. Burg adjusted the second half which is what good teams do. Jackson will still have successful season and make a run in the playoffs. Hats off to the staff in Jackson.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

nice job Pirates

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Attendance record?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

I thought the attendance was weak for a game like this a lot of empty seats on both sides

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Football fan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm I thought the attendance was weak for a game like this a lot of empty seats on both sides

You serious bro?

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

The only empty seats I saw were in Jacksons reserved section. Visitors side , home side general seating,and fences were full. Nice crowd..better game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen92...not me

Ironman92....me

Return to “Football”