Waverly vs. Westfall is here

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Congrats westfall...

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

tigers2010, waverly has a fine football team and good luck to them in basketball. waverly's oline was pretty big, that #75 was huge. walls and conley are very good players. They were fun to watch. As for the missed 4th down conversion,... that was an interception. And, the stick on the punt, I'm not so sure it wasn't BEN CLINE who delivered the hit to conley as it seemed conley got the short end of the STICK! conley needed a few plays to regroup while CLINE simply walked back to the huddle. This game really lived up to its billing for 2 1/2 quarters. GO MUSTANGS!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Think if you look at these photos especially the ones where they are shaking hands at the end of the game you will see a BIG difference in the height of the teams.

http://johnhowley.dotphoto.com/CPViewAl ... ID=4944287

Bug the hit I think you are referring to Ben caught that Ball and just took off without looking and smacked into him. that was a loud hit for sure. we were surprised when Ben just walked away from that one like nothing ever happened.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Waverly has a fine football team and you know many of those guys are going to see quite a bit of success on the basketball team this winter.

Two BIG points of the game.

1. After Waverly scored to make it 27-21 and pinned Westfall back on its four on the ensuing kickoff. Hardin, first play, 46 yards. Four play, 96 yard drive to score. That's a back breaker.

2. This allowed for an early cushion. Seemed like the game was going to be Nintendo offensive machine but Bryant Gibson picks off two straight balls in the second quarter. That helped Westfall build a lead going into the half.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Conley has been suffering from an injured shoulder since the Burg game. That hit on the punt was delivered by Conley and yes he aggravated the shoulder. He is a tough young man and did not stay out long though. The hit he later took and kept on going was pretty impressive.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Why in the world was waverly allowing kids to play with such injuries and a kid with a fever. To me, and I am not cutting any one person down, but somewhere an adult should have stepped in and said NO you are not playing for your own health and safety,

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Congratulations to Westfall on a tremendous game. To the Waverly players, you played hard and gave it your all. The seniors had a great career and were an absolute pleasure to watch. I am very proud of you guys and the way you conducted yourself while winning and losing.
To answer your question mstangmom, Ramone Conley and Ian Colegrove are true football players and both are seniors. They are the type of kids who refuse to sit out regardless if they are injured or not. They are a coach's dream.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Gucci I under stand that they are seniors and this was a big game in their life. But again I must as where the adult was in the situation. when does an adult step in and say, your health and safety is more important than this game (or any game).

It just sounds to me like the game was more important than the kid. there is NO WAY a KID should be on that field if he had a 104. temp earlier that day, If a kids shoulder, ankle, arm what ever is messed up they should not have been on that field.

their future is what should have been considered. the future may not be football, but how many of you coaches, dads, ADULTS go around now saying oh this is an old football injury. and when you really think about it if the coach or parent had stepped in and said NO YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, how much pain would you really be in now because of that injury?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

There's no way you are keeping some players out of games. If you trust your players, they will know if they can play or not. I don't think you can keep a senior out of what be their last game, unless they say they can't go.

I have bad ankles now(I'm 23) from not sitting out games, but I would do it all again if I had the chance.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Mustangmom, the Waverly coaches wouldn't put any player in a postion to damage him long-term. That's why Rowland sat out the game, and also why Colegrove didn't play in the second half. You try to go when you're hurt (mind you there is a difference between playing hurt and injured), because that is the nature of the game we play. You don't do it b/c a coach tells you to. You go b/c you can't stand to watch your comrades go to battle without you. That's why this game is so special, and also why only a few select young men can play it well. It's also why the Moms aren't coaches :) LOL! By the way, I must say Mustangmom, I've been very impressed with your knowledge of the game. Best wishes to Westfall this week...go Mustangs!

Return to “Football”