RBH23
S

Re: Week 6 burg vs Harvest Prep

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:09 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:33 pm
FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:28 pm

Without knowing, this season history says yes
I was told that the wildcat is working, but we keep going to the spread. Burg coaches will never learn.
This team has proven they will not beat good football teams running the spread offense. They are terrible from the spread. Congrats to #21, kid played his heart out. Others on the team take notice. That kind of effort is what’s needed to beat good football teams
Heard HP wasn’t handling the Wildcat. IHS will simply run it down HP’s throat.

No idea why Burg coaches are so hard-headed about running the spread against these athletic teams. This is beyond frustrating.

Woodward needs to intervene and get the O fixed. Enough is enough.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:33 pm

I was told that the wildcat is working, but we keep going to the spread. Burg coaches will never learn.
This team has proven they will not beat good football teams running the spread offense. They are terrible from the spread. Congrats to #21, kid played his heart out. Others on the team take notice. That kind of effort is what’s needed to beat good football teams

No idea why Burg coaches are so hard-headed about running the spread against these athletic teams. This is beyond frustrating.

Agree totally! It won’t matter next week vs Oak Hill but Hutchinson needs to be at QB down the stretch! I feel HP is not as good as the last couple years( and neither is Burg frankly)…. Ironton will handle HP as you said

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:27 pm

Agree totally! It won’t matter next week vs Oak Hill but Hutchinson needs to be at QB down the stretch! I feel HP is not as good as the last couple years( and neither is Burg frankly)…. Ironton will handle HP as you said
I’m not sure ironton is as good either. Wheelersburg is not a good football team and they gave ironton all they wanted

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:46 pm

I’m not sure ironton is as good either. Wheelersburg is not a good football team and they gave ironton all they wanted
I don’t think Burg is a bad team. Actually, they have the potential to be really good.

However, they are poorly coached on the O side: bad game planning and undisciplined with the ball.

Again, it’s a head scratcher why the O coaches refuse to change despite the results.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Really now?!?! It was Ironton's first game of the year after two weeks of practice. It's not a secret, to play Ironton early on the schedule, b/c once that train gets rollin' look out!

Ironton would destroy HP playing between the OTs. I do wish Burg the best for the rest of the year however, they've just proved once again that they can be out coached.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:17 pm

Really now?!?! It was Ironton's first game of the year after two weeks of practice. It's not a secret, to play Ironton early on the schedule, b/c once that train gets rollin' look out!

Ironton would destroy HP playing between the OTs. I do wish Burg the best for the rest of the year however, they've just proved once again that they can be out coached.
Agree. IHS might put a running clock on HP. Pendleton will shove the ball down their throats.

Burg could have won this game, but the Burg O coaches were determined to not let that happen. It’s up to Woodward to figure this out and get this Burg O an identity which should obviously be run focused!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Re: September 22, 2023 Wheelersburg 16 - 32 Harvest Prep

Post by Bfan99 »

I still think Burg is above average and still can make some noise in the playoffs if they can get the play calling figured out. It will be interesting to see what they finish in the region. Drew Pasteur has Burg projected finishing 9th if they win out.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 am I still think Burg is above average and still can make some noise in the playoffs if they can get the play calling figured out. It will be interesting to see what they finish in the region. Drew Pasteur has Burg projected finishing 9th if they win out.
100%, but “get the play calling figured out” appears to be a big “if” at this point.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Burg is always going to do what Burg does. They play solid defense and are usually solid on offenses and special teams. This year they seem to be way off offensively. They should win out, but west could disrupt their plans.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:33 am
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 am I still think Burg is above average and still can make some noise in the playoffs if they can get the play calling figured out. It will be interesting to see what they finish in the region. Drew Pasteur has Burg projected finishing 9th if they win out.
100%, but “get the play calling figured out” appears to be a big “if” at this point.
I have to agree with you about the turn overs I have never seen this many from a Wheelersburg team.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:31 pm Is Burg's QB OK after that big hit he took on the Hail Mary pass to end the half? He looked like he was holding his shoulder to indicate a clavicle injury and was slow to get up after a crushing hit.
Is he ok? It sure didn’t look good.

WWE HALL OF FAME
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:33 am
I have to agree with you about the turn overs I have never seen this many from a Wheelersburg team.
Burg has had an occasional blowup from time to time, but this season has been awful.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

i do believe they think they have another EM3 and the young mna simply isnt that guy

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Burg going to power running game is not possible when your best running back is 150 lbs and your qb is maybe 140….. Hutchinson is the guy

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:46 pm Burg going to power running game is not possible when your best running back is 150 lbs and your qb is maybe 140….. Hutchinson is the guy
Hutch should be the starting QB in that offense.

As for the size of the backs, one of the best to play for Burg was 150 pounds soaking wet; his nickname was “Bones.” He started at middle linebacker as a sophomore and Junior leading the team in tackles. Was the workhorse of the offense his senior year as a RB, winning the state title.

Burg most definitely can have success running the ball with the backs they have today.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:02 pm
Oldtimer55 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:46 pm Burg going to power running game is not possible when your best running back is 150 lbs and your qb is maybe 140….. Hutchinson is the guy

As for the size of the backs, one of the best to play for Burg was 150 pounds soaking wet; his nickname was “Bones.” He started at middle linebacker as a sophomore and Junior leading the team in tackles. Was the workhorse of the offense his senior year as a RB, winning the state title.

Burg most definitely can have success running the ball with the backs they have today.
It’s an insult to bones to compare anyone on this team to him. Bones was old school. A coach miller type player.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:55 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:02 pm

It’s an insult to bones to compare anyone on this team to him. Bones was old school. A coach miller type player.
True. But Ed Miller didn’t create him. He was born tough.

My point is that a team can be a run first team despite having “small” backs. No need for the lousy spread that Burg sucks at running.

Return to “Football”