September 1, 2023 Point Pleasant (WV) 12 - 42 Gallia Academy Battle of the Bridge

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: September 1, 2023 Point Pleasant (WV) 12 - 42 Gallia Academy Battle of the Bridge

Post by Geronimo »

Remember some of the stories that was told to me,In the middle of the 1960's it got so out of control they ban the games for at least ten years .

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Re: September 1, 2023 Point Pleasant (WV) 12 - 42 Gallia Academy Battle of the Bridge

Post by Gobigblacks »

The issues last night all stemmed from a Gallia sign about our QB who broke his leg. Once it got out that it existed, things got ugly. Both sides in the wrong and just hope it doesn’t happen in the future.
Last edited by Gobigblacks on Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Gobigblacks wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:50 am The issues last night all stemmed from a Gallia poster about our QB who broke his leg. Once it got out that it existed, things got ugly. Both sides in the wrong and just hope it doesn’t happen in the future.
Chalk it up to kids being stupid, which they can be from time to time. Any damaged property should be paid for by the district though.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

I’m sure those conversations will be had and all this week and I’m sure punishments will happen on our end because it definitely went too far. Jason is a good kid and the sign was just a bit too much. Kids are kids - I teach them, I know this - but openly mocking a devastating injury is too much.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Gobigblacks wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:02 am I’m sure those conversations will be had and all this week and I’m sure punishments will happen on our end because it definitely went too far. Jason is a good kid and the sign was just a bit too much. Kids are kids - I teach them, I know this - but openly mocking a devastating injury is too much.
Yeah that's just in bad taste. Trash talk is all fine and dandy, but mocking a player's injury is over the line. A few years back, Gallia players had the hashtag #JuckFackson going on Twitter. That's good and it isn't in bad taste.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hope all the kids from both schools are punished accordingly. Not acceptable from either school.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Glad I didn't witness any of this stupidity... But nothing surprises me anymore.. sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around.. now it is in the hands of the adults. I am sure there is some video of this because everyone has a phone. Maybe it's time to end this series for awhile. I would definitely cancel any future events between these two schools for the remainder of this Year and maybe beyond.....

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:53 am Hope all the kids from both schools are punished accordingly. Not acceptable from either school.
Agree 100%...

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

superblue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:50 am Glad I didn't witness any of this stupidity... But nothing surprises me anymore.. sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around.. now it is in the hands of the adults. I am sure there is some video of this because everyone has a phone. Maybe it's time to end this series for awhile. I would definitely cancel any future events between these two schools for the remainder of this Year and maybe beyond.....
I don't think canceling it is the answer as it's always a good moneymaker for both schools and the area in general. Just punish the guilty parties and maybe have an extra officer or two on site to account for the much larger than normal crowd size. Can't let the actions of a few ruin a good thing for the many.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo Its not the mid 1960's, don't end this series GA vs point thats not the answer!!! I'm still a fan of the old SEOAL 👍 that point game still a part of history jmo🏈😎

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I don't think canceling it is the answer as it's always a good moneymaker for both schools and the area in general. Just punish the guilty parties and maybe have an extra officer or two on site to account for the much larger than normal crowd size. Can't let the actions of a few ruin a good thing for the many.
[/quote]

Your probably right 16, maybe I overreacted.. but what makes you think things will be different next year at gallia? This is just my opinion, but gallia has NO crowd control at there games at all. None... Your risk your life by just trying to walk to the stands . Kids going everywhere, it's disgraceful. I will probably go to another game this year but if I feel threatened walking to the bleachers I will be done with gallia football and will never go to another game. I am sure all the seniors out there understand what I am saying...

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:13 am I don't think canceling it is the answer as it's always a good moneymaker for both schools and the area in general. Just punish the guilty parties and maybe have an extra officer or two on site to account for the much larger than normal crowd size. Can't let the actions of a few ruin a good thing for the many.
Your probably right 16, maybe I overreacted.. but what makes you think things will be different next year at gallia? This is just my opinion, but gallia has NO crowd control at there games at all. None... Your risk your life by just trying to walk to the stands . Kids going everywhere, it's disgraceful. I will probably go to another game this year but if I feel threatened walking to the bleachers I will be done with gallia football and will never go to another game. I am sure all the seniors out there understand what I am saying...
[/quote]

My reasoning is pretty simple. This was an isolated incident. GA and Point have played pretty regularly in the 21st century without a whole lot of controversy off the field. I doubt this leads to any long term hostility beyond the normal rivalry banter and back and forth

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:13 am I don't think canceling it is the answer as it's always a good moneymaker for both schools and the area in general. Just punish the guilty parties and maybe have an extra officer or two on site to account for the much larger than normal crowd size. Can't let the actions of a few ruin a good thing for the many.
[/quote]

I don't understand why anyone would be threatened getting to their seat. Sure, there are kids moving about, heck sometimes I feel that they walk right towards me just to see if I will yield, no biggie. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Someone will move.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

78 if I'm reading this right, I still have that blood line that my mouth will fly, no some wet behind the ear punk going to pull that on me right to the day hell no 👹

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Geronimo, I was just wondering why superblue would feel threatened. I don't get it.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

"I don't understand why anyone would be threatened getting to their seat. Sure, there are kids moving about, heck sometimes I feel that they walk right towards me just to see if I will yield, no biggie. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Someone will move."

Like I said it is my opinion, your entitled to yours.. I am not talking about kids walking towards you. I'm talking about good sized kids running full speed , looking behind them with no idea what is in front of them... This has been a problem for years. In past years they put up a orange fence to try and keep the kids under control. It's an accident waiting to happen... JMO.... have a good day...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Thanks, now that you explained, I do remember seeing that before.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:26 am 78 if I'm reading this right, I still have that blood line that my mouth will fly, no some wet behind the ear punk going to pull that on me right to the day hell no 👹
Thanks for the mature advice, so when that 10 year old punk comes at you just knock the crap out of him. That's great advice. When the police come a knocken let me know how that works out..

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You started it,so my words are stop being a crybaby 🏈😎

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Week 3: Gallia Academy @ Point Pleasant 2023 Battle of the Bridge

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:32 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:01 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:07 am

Pretty sure they made it to a state title game in the last decade. They've been a mainstay in the playoffs there. Over the last decade, they've averaged 11 wins a season and if you look from 2012 through 2018, they only lost a single game all year.

Theyre NOT a wv power. Lol.

Martinsburg
Huntington
Midland
Bluefield
Bridgeport
Wheeling Central
Morgantown
Fairmont

Those are the wv blue bloods in football.

Everytime point pleasant plays bluefield they get thumped btw lol. AA. - Bluefield has like 10/11 state titles. Bridgeport has multiple in AA and AAA. Wheeling Central in A. Point pleasant is average in wv. Not a powerhouse ever. Theyre a decent program that comes and goes. They still lose to rinky dink teams like Sissonville. Theyve never been a top wv program.

And Gallia wants ZERO part of Bluefield or Bridgeport or Fairmont. Too much talent every year. And they dont want any of Midland or Huntington or Morgantown. Poca would be a decent matchup for Gallia. More recent success than point pleasant also.
Point Pleasant played Martinsburg pretty close a few years back. Over the last decade they've been as high as a top 3 team in WV, per MaxPreps. They average in the 15 range across the state, over the last 12 years or so.
No they didn't 😂 Martinsburg called off the dogs after they lapped em lol

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... 4284d.html

Return to “Football”