Ironton @ Coal Grove

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Ironton @ Coal Grove

Post by Kicker. »

Irontons location plays a huge part into the transfers. Any stud player in Lawrence county can go play there along with Scioto county and even kids from across the river can come and play. It’s more apparent now that they are winning. In no way am I accusing Wheelersburg but they are the same way. Almost any kid in Scioto county could go there. They are in a good spot for a lot of kids to open enroll. And there are even some schools that don’t field a football team at all within Scioto county. At this point in HSFB you almost have to accept that transfers are going to happen.

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 am
TigerMania wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 am Just a fan like you as well. I will always root for the Tigers, but when something isn’t right I don’t care to ask or talk about it. Opinions are like butt holes we all have one. 😂
Go Tigers!
It just seems like you have an agenda to push. During the Lutz years the town was 100% supportive. Then there was division during the Vass years. Now it seems as if you don’t want anyone to have the success that Lutz and staff had and you talk crap about a coach who brought us out our darkest days. We were a middle of the road OVC team just 4 years ago. Pendelton in 3 years has been to two state championships. Coach Lutz couldn’t even match his start to his career.
Your entitled to your opinion just like I’m entitled to mine. I don’t care if you don’t agree with me, but you will not stop me from posting my opinion just like I shouldn’t stop you from posting your opinion. It sounds like to me you are either related to coach Pendleton or have a crush on him. What he has done is impressive, but he has a lot to prove before we ever mention his name with Lutz. Plus Lutz didn’t play a cupcake schedule either.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 am
XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:52 pm I just checked and Ironton has 2 upper class man that wasn’t on last years roster. One is pretty well documented as his family has said they wanted to give him best shot to earn a scholarship and the other kid I found out is a foster kid. Everyone else was on the team last year. Maybe Pendelton and staff is very good at developing the kids physically so you guys all think they are new kids.
Three significant players came in last year as well. One from burg and two from somewhere down south I think. Couple that with the two that came this year and you have 5 starters that came in high school. That makes your team better right away. Now I think ironton is good team without them but they are difference makers. I’m sure valley would love to have their kid back. He’s pretty good. He single handily won the Jackson game at the end. If you don’t have him, does that play happen? Coaching is a lot easier when you have significant upgrades in your roster.

As far as this game, ironton cruises
I agree 💯 with all this. Yes coaching is much easier when you have the horses to make you look good. I know a legendary coach that never pounded his chest or took the glory for himself. He always said that he had some really good players and coaches. Maybe some people could learn from that man.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Moeller, Jackson, Wheelersburg cupcakes?

10 of Pendelton wins are in the playoffs against good teams. No one said he was on Coach Lutz level but if you compare after 3-4 years I think many would take Pendelton. No man crush here. Just stating the facts. Sounds like your part of the old regime that was divided when it all fell apart.

I personally haven’t seen coach Pendleton take credit for anything. Every article I’ve read talks about the kids or the programs tradition. He’s also stated many times he has the best staff and kids in the state and he wouldn’t trade them for anyone. Your right. Your entitled to an opinion. I just state mine when I think people are attacking people because they have an agenda and the facts don’t add up.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I think it’s a crush or related to him because you get pretty upset. Maybe you have even cut grass for him. I think Pendleton has done a good job, but still has a lot to learn.
Every year for the last 4 years we have played 6-7 weak teams in the regular season, so yes it’s cupcake.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I agree… Why did you or whoever your affiliated with want in the OVC in the first place. Ironton has never belonged in the OVC. Well I guess it did when we finished middle of pack there for a couple years. I’m not mad at anyone. Just tired of the agenda based garbage that comes out of a select fews mouth and it’s only because it ended on a sour note. The facts are there. It’s not hard to see.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

The program was down to 30-35 kids in 2017. Many that just graduated from Ironton was leaving. The program has done a 180 in 4 years. It was heading toward what is happening at Gallia. I’m not pointing the finger at anyone as I think there were multiple factors into why that happened.

FBdog72
Waterboy

Post by FBdog72 »

Old school Ironton had guys transferring in that were there for all four years. Transferring in from local schools to better themselves, yes that happens. Last 3-4 years you’ve had transfers of 3-7 a year, upper classman from all over transfer in. That’s not been a past natural occurrence. You’ve had more transfers in three years to ironton than the last 25 combined. Most not local, neighboring districts.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:34 pm I agree… Why did you or whoever your affiliated with want in the OVC in the first place. Ironton has never belonged in the OVC. Well I guess it did when we finished middle of pack there for a couple years. I’m not mad at anyone. Just tired of the agenda based garbage that comes out of a select fews mouth and it’s only because it ended on a sour note. The facts are there. It’s not hard to see.
The Tigers tried for years to join the OVC. To my understanding due to traveling and of course not up to par in the football program. Now that they are in and football on a roll for now…..they want out.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Heard Ironton may be out of OVC soon, but it won’t be their choice.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:55 pm Heard Ironton may be out of OVC soon, but it won’t be their choice.
I actually hate to see this happen!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I would too. Perfect league in everything except football, and even then we are only 3 years removed from Coal Grove & Gallia winning the league. Ironton will always be a force in football but won’t win every year. Ironton football hasn’t been as dominant in the league as Fairland basketball.

Not sure if Gallia & Portsmouth have a future in the league with no Ironton. Portsmouth probably would stay for lack of a home elsewhere, but that’s a tough league for Gallia.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:55 pm Heard Ironton may be out of OVC soon, but it won’t be their choice.

How legit is that?

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

FBdog72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:37 pm Old school Ironton had guys transferring in that were there for all four years. Transferring in from local schools to better themselves, yes that happens. Last 3-4 years you’ve had transfers of 3-7 a year, upper classman from all over transfer in. That’s not been a past natural occurrence. You’ve had more transfers in three years to ironton than the last 25 combined. Most not local, neighboring districts.
Nail on the head!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

2 State championship appearances

4/5 kids with DIvision 1 offers

Nike sponsorship

New Tiger bus

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wonderbread wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:51 pm
XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:31 pm 2 State championship appearances

Nike sponsorship

New Tiger bus

name the 5 kids that is on the TEAM WITH D 1 OFFERS?

YOU DO KNOW NIKE IS SPONSORING A LOT OF HIGH SCHOL TEAMS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER RIGHT ?

NEW TIGER BUS? HAS IT BEEN ON THE ROAD YET ? ASKING FOR A FRIEND DO IRONTON OWN IT >? JUAT A LOANER YOU SAY ? YES A LOT EASIER WHEN YOU GET SINIOREXPERIENECD PLAYERS LIKE THE KID FROM VALLY THAT HEAD COACH CAME TO TALK TO AT A SUMMMER BASKETBALL SCRIMAGE GAME LOT OF CLAS THERE FROM A FELLOW COACH RIGHT? COACH LUTZ DIDDNT HAVE TO GO ON THE ROAD LOKIN BTHEY COME TO HIM FROM EVERYWHERE
Gage Salyers, Reed Carrico, Trevor Carter, Aston Duncan, and I’m sure I’m missing others. The bus is owned by the booster club from what I’m told. All the other stuff your talking about I have no clue but it’s very hard to decipher.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:57 pm
wonderbread wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:51 pm
XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:31 pm 2 State championship appearances

Nike sponsorship

New Tiger bus

name the 5 kids that is on the TEAM WITH D 1 OFFERS?

YOU DO KNOW NIKE IS SPONSORING A LOT OF HIGH SCHOL TEAMS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER RIGHT ?

NEW TIGER BUS? HAS IT BEEN ON THE ROAD YET ? ASKING FOR A FRIEND DO IRONTON OWN IT >? JUAT A LOANER YOU SAY ? YES A LOT EASIER WHEN YOU GET SINIOREXPERIENECD PLAYERS LIKE THE KID FROM VALLY THAT HEAD COACH CAME TO TALK TO AT A SUMMMER BASKETBALL SCRIMAGE GAME LOT OF CLAS THERE FROM A FELLOW COACH RIGHT? COACH LUTZ DIDDNT HAVE TO GO ON THE ROAD LOKIN BTHEY COME TO HIM FROM EVERYWHERE
Gage Salyers, Reed Carrico, Trevor Carter, Aston Duncan, and I’m sure I’m missing others. The bus is owned by the booster club from what I’m told. All the other stuff your talking about I have no clue but it’s very hard to decipher.
Junior Jones
Seth Fosson

Lol at the Pendleton haters. The last coaching staff would have had us in the OVC cellar by now. Wonderbread did you even graduate HS?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Frankie, x and o there are some things that you just can't fix if you know what I mean.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

RiverRatRay wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 am Frankie, x and o there are some things that you just can't fix if you know what I mean.
I hear ya ray. The program is in a real good place. From grade school to varsity, plenty of kids participating and plenty of support from the coaching staff and parents. I heard last night we have a place kicker on the 7th grade team kicking extra points. We didn't even have that during the Lutz years and if you remember there were years the varsity didn't have a place kicker, they had to go for two every touchdown. The previous coaching staff had little to no involvement with the kids compared to this staff. Coach Pendleton and his staff are doing a stellar job.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Coach Lutz was team manager on our basketball team when I was in high school. I followed him when he relieved Coach Sheriden at St Joe and then when Coach Burcham hired him at Ironton. He was a great coach without a doubt. That was then and this is now. Coach Pendleton is playing with the cards he has been dealt and doing a fantastic job. Anyone with any football knowledge knows that and I don't need to reiterate that to anyone. With that said I will end this this with a simple Go Tigers!

Return to “Football”