No fans this fall

Westfan
SEOP

Re: No fans this fall

Post by Westfan »

I've made a few posts on here so I just want to be clear, I hope there is sports this year

It just makes no sense to me that an adult cant get a Hickeys Hamburger, or they count you going in stores, or you can't watch a dirt race outside, but kids who aren't old enough to make choices are allowed to play together. Either turn it on, or turn it off. This political stuff is stupid

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin, Wobycat,your first three sentences says all I want to here. See you at a ballgame.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:41 am Paladin totally agree with you. From day one I’ve advocated social distancing, wearing a face mask , look out for the people close to you but have been singled out for my opinions by the sports group on hear only worried about playing games and the heck with everyone else. Gov. mike DEWine and Dr Amy Acton has done a tremendous job in this pandemic and should be applauded for keeping the number of deaths down in Ohio. Every person matters in a time of global pandemic. The lives of everyone should be included in the big picture, so playing sports will happen, then the kids contract COVID 19 and rest of their teammates and family’s are at risk, but I guess it’s sports or nothing in some eyes. look at all the cancellations this summer already and I’ve seen what schools are going to come up with to protect there students. But the games must on gone, Good Luck with that! I hope the school systems take a really hard look at what they’re getting into with this .playing games and the end result. Play Ball!
Trolls back, must've been itching to say DeWine and Amy

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Fact - more people were killed by the virus in 3 months than by flu for an entire year. Wayyyyyyyy more. We have vaccines for flu. None for the virus. Let’s play a game, no matter how many die or are maimed. Thanks for showing your contempt for your fellow man.

Responsible people, both R and D have made sound decisions. And then you have.........

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:56 pm Paladin, Wobycat,your first three sentences says all I want to here. See you at a ballgame.
Sweet. Might as well Hop off the forum since my opinion don’t align with yours. Why would you be here really? You don’t think that we should play.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin, I told you,lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:04 pm Fact - more people were killed by the virus in 3 months than by flu for an entire year. Wayyyyyyyy more. We have vaccines for flu. None for the virus. Let’s play a game, no matter how many die or are maimed. Thanks for showing your contempt for your fellow man.

Responsible people, both R and D have made sound decisions. And then you have.........
If they were responsible, they would have condemned the gathering of protests due to the fear of covid spread but like I said the government loves to drive that wedge between us, for those votes. They don’t like normal. They like to shake it up. How many on this forum are good people? People who have families, who pay taxes, who try to live the right way? I’d say about 99.9% of us but we aren’t portrayed that way. Are we? Until people understand the true evil of our government, we will continue to be controlled as such. Good luck. Won’t be me

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Smart people usually prevail over fools !

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Amen!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 pm Smart people usually prevail over fools !
Let’s hope so for our kids sake and the sake of humanity. Call me a fool. It won’t derail what I know to be true.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:14 pm There is still a chance of no sports this fall, let alone fans. Schools up here are prepping for what kind of education will happen, not sports. The school board members I speak with are overly concerned with liability questions. They face knowing what happens when team members contract the virus. That would force other team members who were exposed to be quarantined for 14 days. Thus few or no games over a 10 week season. Likely a second wave also hits. Many coaches and refs are 50 or more and vulnerable. The President of the Ohio High School Football Coaches Assn is a neighbor. He is concerned because Boards will control if sports happen or not and health and safety trumps sports.

Fact.
Guess your board members must not be to concerned given the fact teams are practicing. If they were so overly concerned they wouldn't have allowed their teams back to practice. I think theres a ton of questions to be answered on how things will be handled but it's also JUNE, not August. Those that you mentioned who are "vunerable" don't have to be out there. No one has any idea if there will be a 2nd wave, in order for that to happen the first wave would need to end and there's new numbers everyday. There's better means of fighting the virus and closer each day to a vaccine. Go out into public and see how ppl are treating things, if you think allowing kids to play ball is going to increase risk over how many are handling things since things have opened then you're not paying attention.

Fact.

I want them to era on the side of caution but it's the beginning of June and the fight against the virus and what they've learned has changed drastically just in a short time. I'm hopeful that since it's only the beginning of June we will be that much more advanced in the fight and knowledge by August, if not then that's a decision for schools, refs, coaches, players and parents to decide how they want to approach things.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:06 pm Paladin, I told you,lol
Troll, lol

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wannabe dictator how true that is !

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Read what Novak Djokovic has said about the USOpen in Sept. This will be a example of sports in the fall. It will be an impossible task due to the extreme COVID-19 protocols in place for the tournament.The rules are extreme, we would not have access to Manhattan, we would have to sleep in hotels at airport, to be tested 2-3 times a week. Also bring one person to the match. He said , they want tournament to go ahead at any cost for economic reasons. But the question is how many players are willing to accept those terms..Rafa Nadal has said he wouldn’t travel to US in present circumstances. Nadal has also questioned whether tennis can restart with the pandemic still griping large parts of the world, he said we need to be responsible , we need to be sure that the situation is safe enough and then start tour when it’s clear.The US leads the world in total cases. This relates to all levels of school, sports and any business .

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Yes many are willing to sacrifice in there family’s, take a look at coaches and teams out there now. Hugging, group pictures ,fans sitting on top of each other. Coach’s very close to players, groups playing in pools of people outside there family , it’s sad commentary on priorities during a time of a pandemic, and its people taking big chances with kids and everyone around. Amazing. See no social distancing, no face masks to be seen. Is there a place to wash hands after every play , more than one person touching ball before cleaning. Here’s a question. How will footballs be cleaned each time someone touches it. Or a basketball or softball Under OHSSA guidelines .
Last edited by Prime Time on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Wats. Chances of schools being able to charge a fee for live-streams? Something similar to a PPV??
[/quote]

Be difficult to do live stream at schools that barely get cellphone reception, which is several in the SE Ohio area.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It’s called setting a example for what’s right! Stand up and do the right thing. So when this is over with the pandemic and people on school boards, in board rooms and people in lead positions look back and say this person set a great example, high standards, followed the guidelines of Gov. Mike DEWine, and had the health of all involved at the top of concern or this person thought we’re gonna play One way or other.. Leaders lead by setting a high bar to follow and leading everyone thru difficult times.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:50 pm Yes many are willing to sacrifice in there family’s, take a look at coaches and teams out there now. Hugging, group pictures ,fans sitting on top of each other. Coach’s very close to players, groups playing in pools of people outside there family , it’s sad commentary on priorities during a time of a pandemic, and its people taking big chances with kids and everyone around. Amazing. See no social distancing, no face masks to be seen. Is there a place to wash hands after every play , more than one person touching ball before cleaning. Here’s a question. How will footballs be cleaned each time someone touches it. Or a basketball or softball Under OHSSA guidelines .
Don’t forget the protesting and riots, grocerY stores, hospitals, Lowe’s And McDonald’s. McDonald’s Is definitely being safe. Wearing the gloves and such but as a health care worker, I can tell you that we would take our gloves off between patients. Not handle everyone’s money with the same gloves all freaking day. Lol. You’re worried about wiping a football off.
Last edited by wobycat on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Your talking two different situations here. The two isn’t the same

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Like Paladin said the tsunami is coming and hopefully we can keep it somewhat under control. God Speed take a look in your community’s now, is there a uptick in cases. Give it a few weeks, then get back with me. I hope and pray there’s not but the odds is starting to look like a rising wave coming

Return to “Football”