FAC expanison

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: FAC expanison

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah I only looked at it through the football lens (with all of the recent weirdness in the MSL when it comes to football affiliations being mismatched with where teams play in all-sports, that’s where my mind went.)

Berne is halfway logical for football. They’re trending upward and they’d get some L2’s on the table for AC and BC if they beat any combination of CV, LE, LU or FU. Other sports? Hard to tell.

FC would likely be better a candidate than BU. But then again who knows if BU was a halfway decent candidate to begin the discussion.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:58 pm Yeah I only looked at it through the football lens (with all of the recent weirdness in the MSL when it comes to football affiliations being mismatched with where teams play in all-sports, that’s where my mind went.)

Berne is halfway logical for football. They’re trending upward and they’d get some L2’s on the table for AC and BC if they beat any combination of CV, LE, LU or FU. Other sports? Hard to tell.

FC would likely be better a candidate than BU. But then again who knows if BU was a halfway decent candidate to begin the discussion.
Fisher Catholic would be the better candidate, but not sure that's overly attractive to Bloom-Carroll with its growth or Hamilton Township as long as its in the Buckeye.

If Harvest Prep was forced on the Buckeye, I think you'd see 2-3 schools leave the league.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah I was thinking the football only idea for HP also. HP is pretty putrid in literally anything that’s not football or boys hoops. The only other practical candidates would be either of the two Fayette Co schools.

If I had to rank the possibilities

1) Washington
t1) MT (“six of one”)

3) FC (not too likely but can’t rule them out, especially if the MSL goes through internal changes)
4) BU
Last edited by formerfcfan on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The only expansion the FAC would have is for Circleville, Logan Elm. This is only going to happen is the MSL goes to realignment based primarily on enrollment. Circleville and Logan Elm would leave because based on enrollment they would be playing besides Hamilton Twp and Teays Valley but Whitehall, Bexley and Buckeye Valley. There is a push by some Mid State League schools to realignment based on enrollment- however if and when this happens it will be a snow effect and there would changes to the make up of the MSL. I have mentioned before that eventually Marion Pleasant and Marion River Valley are going to show interest in the MSL since Buckeye Valley is now a MSL member.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bsee12345 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:12 pm The only expansion the FAC would have is for Circleville, Logan Elm. This is only going to happen is the MSL goes to realignment based primarily on enrollment. Circleville and Logan Elm would leave because based on enrollment they would be playing besides Hamilton Twp and Teays Valley but Whitehall, Bexley and Buckeye Valley. There is a push by some Mid State League schools to realignment based on enrollment- however if and when this happens it will be a snow effect and there would changes to the make up of the MSL. I have mentioned before that eventually Marion Pleasant and Marion River Valley are going to show interest in the MSL since Buckeye Valley is now a MSL member.
What is the argument behind re-aligning based on enrollment? Isn’t the combination of generally short travel times/backyard rivalries (as seen in the Buckeye and Ohio) and common identities (rural, adjacent schools in the Buckeye, generally more affluent and big basketball powerhouses in the urban core of the Ohio) what the schools particularly enjoyed about their alignments already? What stands to be gained by realigning based on enrollment?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:11 pm Yeah I was thinking the football only idea for HP also. HP is pretty putrid in literally anything that’s not football or boys hoops. The only other practical candidates would be either of the two Fayette Co schools.

If I had to rank the possibilities

1) Washington
t1) MT (“six of one”)

3) FC (not too likely but can’t rule them out, especially if the MSL goes through internal changes)
4) BU
I think a majority of the Buckeye schools find HP to be a very distasteful school for several seasons and don't want to be associated with them, especially in the major sports where they are basically an AAU team.

Court House and Trace would be great fits for the Buckeye Division, but the travel to Bloom-Carroll, Fairfield Union and especially Liberty Union would present obstacles. Also if makes the division primarily SE District and is that very attractive to LU, Carroll or Amanda (although they'll go to the SE if the Central would ever let them leave)?

I eventually see the LCL coming apart for several reasons you may be able to get a couple of those southern Licking County schools, but you run into the same problems for Circleville and Logan Elm as you do for the Fairfield schools if you bring in Court House and Trace.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:27 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:12 pm The only expansion the FAC would have is for Circleville, Logan Elm. This is only going to happen is the MSL goes to realignment based primarily on enrollment. Circleville and Logan Elm would leave because based on enrollment they would be playing besides Hamilton Twp and Teays Valley but Whitehall, Bexley and Buckeye Valley. There is a push by some Mid State League schools to realignment based on enrollment- however if and when this happens it will be a snow effect and there would changes to the make up of the MSL. I have mentioned before that eventually Marion Pleasant and Marion River Valley are going to show interest in the MSL since Buckeye Valley is now a MSL member.
What is the argument behind re-aligning based on enrollment? Isn’t the combination of generally short travel times/backyard rivalries (as seen in the Buckeye and Ohio) and common identities (rural, adjacent schools in the Buckeye, generally more affluent and big basketball powerhouses in the urban core of the Ohio) what the schools particularly enjoyed about their alignments already? What stands to be gained by realigning based on enrollment?
That has been an option that has been considered before, but the league schools shot it down. There are some issues when Teays Valley eventually leaves the Buckeye and Grandview Heights needing to be moved out of the Ohio (they'll actually a better fit in the Cardinal), but some schools are going to have to give a little in the next round of alignment to make it work.

Sliding Fisher Catholic into Teays Valley's spot would be the easiest thing for the Buckeye to do and doesn't expand the division's geographical footprint, but I'm not sure it's the best option for either party.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The OHSAA has been reluctant in recent years to honor schools’ petitions to enroll into other geographic districts. Bishop Rosecrans notably asked this summer to transition from the East district to the Central, and was denied. One other school from an adjacent district petitioned to move to the Central this summer, and they too were denied.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 pm
That has been an option that has been considered before, but the league schools shot it down. There are some issues when Teays Valley eventually leaves the Buckeye and Grandview Heights needing to be moved out of the Ohio (they'll actually a better fit in the Cardinal), but some schools are going to have to give a little in the next round of alignment to make it work.

Sliding Fisher Catholic into Teays Valley's spot would be the easiest thing for the Buckeye to do and doesn't expand the division's geographical footprint, but I'm not sure it's the best option for either party.
Harvest Prep and Grandview should easily swap places: HP to the Ohio, Grandview to the Cardinal. It’s way better for HP for a multitude of obvious reasons, it’s better for the Cardinal to lose HP and in exchange they get a school some of the Cardinal schools would be wanting to rekindle with.

FC replacing Teays Valley isn’t too far-fetched (seriously, it’s not a bad idea.) The only problem, and it admittedly is one that needs solved regardless of a league move, is the uncertainty of whether FC will have a decently sized football program in the coming years. Maybe this can be solved with a possible shifting of Bishop Ready’s football-playing affiliation to the Buckeye Division to fill the spot FC would’ve had in Teays’ stead. FC brings some positives, few negatives (aside from football uncertainty.)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:43 pm
bman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Harvest Prep and Grandview should easily swap places: HP to the Ohio, Grandview to the Cardinal. It’s way better for HP for a multitude of obvious reasons, it’s better for the Cardinal to lose HP and in exchange they get a school some of the Cardinal schools would be wanting to rekindle with.

FC replacing Teays Valley isn’t too far-fetched (seriously, it’s not a bad idea.) The only problem, and it admittedly is one that needs solved regardless of a league move, is the uncertainty of whether FC will have a decently sized football program in the coming years. Maybe this can be solved with a possible shifting of Bishop Ready’s football-playing affiliation to the Buckeye Division to fill the spot FC would’ve had in Teays’ stead. FC brings some positives, few negatives (aside from football uncertainty.)
I'd say that's a viable option. I agree with you, outside of potential football-uncertainty, that Fisher would be a good fit for the Buckeye.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

After reading these posts, I still see no viable options for expansion. I don't anybody leaving the SVC. I hear more people in Hillsboro complain about the Middle school travel through the week when they have to travel to Jackson. These kids don't drive, leave so early and get home so late, they have, problems having food options (so late no stopping for dinner on way home, you better like concession food.) Better hope no OT in the MS basketball games. They also mention having time for school work through the week on these nights. I think most are valid but it also means expansion ( to the east of Jackson) will not happen with the current set up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

domain master wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 am After reading these posts, I still see no viable options for expansion. I don't anybody leaving the SVC. I hear more people in Hillsboro complain about the Middle school travel through the week when they have to travel to Jackson. These kids don't drive, leave so early and get home so late, they have, problems having food options (so late no stopping for dinner on way home, you better like concession food.) Better hope no OT in the MS basketball games. They also mention having time for school work through the week on these nights. I think most are valid but it also means expansion ( to the east of Jackson) will not happen with the current set up.
Oh there's no way you'll see east of Jackson unless there was enough teams to create and split and that's not happening. Also what you have to consider is the other sports involved it's not just the 1 or 2 trips to Jackson they have to worry about for football. I know Jackson is doing most of the travel as they are the farthest out but where they were at before the FAC wasn't in a good position so it benefits them tremendously being in the FAC.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Hearing tumblings that Athens will be looking for a league soon

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 am
domain master wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 am After reading these posts, I still see no viable options for expansion. I don't anybody leaving the SVC. I hear more people in Hillsboro complain about the Middle school travel through the week when they have to travel to Jackson. These kids don't drive, leave so early and get home so late, they have, problems having food options (so late no stopping for dinner on way home, you better like concession food.) Better hope no OT in the MS basketball games. They also mention having time for school work through the week on these nights. I think most are valid but it also means expansion ( to the east of Jackson) will not happen with the current set up.
Oh there's no way you'll see east of Jackson unless there was enough teams to create and split and that's not happening. Also what you have to consider is the other sports involved it's not just the 1 or 2 trips to Jackson they have to worry about for football. I know Jackson is doing most of the travel as they are the farthest out but where they were at before the FAC wasn't in a good position so it benefits them tremendously being in the FAC.

Good post

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm Hearing tumblings that Athens will be looking for a league soon

Athens will not like this one bit.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

One thread FAC is falling apart

The other thread FAC is expanding

😂😂😂

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Maybe some should of thought about the travel before they blew up the old SCOL

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 pm One thread FAC is falling apart

The other thread FAC is expanding

😂😂😂
SEOPreps is basically 75% about new super leagues. 25% about games :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

😂😂😂

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

FAC is in trouble. They took in Chili and Jackson, both too strong in football for this pathetic weak league. Second, it’s now far flung for travel. Between lots of travel and weak competition, many will be running for the doors shortly. No one wants to join now for these reasons. Something has to give, so you will see teams leaving shortly.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”