Would Ironton be a better fit in the SOC?

vladimir
S

Re: Would Ironton be a better fit in the SOC?

Post by vladimir »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am Ironton would never get voted into the SOC for the same reason Portsmouth could never get in.
I agree 100%, but what's the reason for not letting PHS into the SOCII? Portsmouth in the SOCII makes a ton of sense for every team involved.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Would Ironton be a better fit in the SOC?

Post by portsmouth_98 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am Ironton would never get voted into the SOC for the same reason Portsmouth could never get in.
I agree 100%, but what's the reason for not letting PHS into the SOCII? Portsmouth in the SOCII makes a ton of sense for every team involved.
The only consistent difference between Portsmouth and the SOC schools is demographics. I'm sure no one would ever admit to it but Waverly and Northwest have been the same size or bigger for years and we would be in the middle of the pack now. We would have been middle to bottom of the pack in football for the last 10-15 years and I think basketball would have been competitive. Locations, size, and competition have zero to do with it. It would even help them balance the leagues as they had a 5/6 school split forever.

Return to “Football”