Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 - Russell, KY (1-0) at Ironton (1-0)

Post by I-town-90 »

Caligula wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:09 am Russell couldn’t tear a picture of Raceland in half!
But they can stomp a mud hole in their rears 41-0 doc.

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Week 2 - Russell, KY (2-0) at Ironton (1-0)

Post by kantucky »

Who else besides me is pretty darned excited about seeing this game? I’ll be out of town for two weeks after this one and I’ll sure miss seeing the game. Luckily though, I’ll have Jason and Kevin bringing the game to me over the internet. Best sport team ever!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I'd say Ironton beats them very very easily

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would say that the Tigers are feeling pretty good about what happened this past Friday night, as they should. I would also say that I bet that the coach will have them focused on one game at a time, starting again this coming Friday evening.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think Ironton wins this game, Russell gave them a game last year and Turnovers almost cost the tigers. Saw a couple fumbles Friday vs wheelersburg but Ironton has to stay focused. Beating burg was huge but Russell will come to play and so will Ashland. Ironton needs to develop some sort of passing game and take the workload of carrico. I think this game is closer than expected. I pick Ironton by 2 scores.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don’t know what type of offense Russell runs!? They may cause some fits for irontons secondary. I think this game can go either way..

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Will it be on my town again?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's what I'm wondering and how to do it. cain't be there this week. but trust me ironton will be focused.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bigblue4life
Riding the Bench

Post by bigblue4life »

The game is supposed to be on the Ironton football page per Ben Spicer of my town tv. I think he meant the Ironton football facebook page, but I'm not sure.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:54 am Will it be on my town again?
My Town TV, will be carrying all of Ironton's home games.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Ironton cannot sleepwalk week 2. The Red Devils may just have a more sound gameplan and execution than Burg. The mistake Burg made is assuming they could compensate for inexperience and bad preperation w only talent - which they are. Didnt work. Ironton is the more talented team again in week 2 BUT the red devils may prove to be a stiff test.

Ironton by 21.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I know nothing about Russell this year, if they can pass they will have a good chance of winning this game, Ironton will not defend a good passing team ...

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

35-0 Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, ironton will have to be very focused. our secondary did get exposed a bit. but we have had a week to correct that as well. Russell will be a stiffer test than many think. but no way the tigers come into ANY game this year not ultra focused. if we can continue to pound people with our running game, and pass when not expected, we'll be tough. if we cannot get a passing game going for a bit. we got some huge, strong horses and just run roughshod over folks. and the passing will have a chance to develop. but we need to handle the rock better. that is a huge area of concern.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fortunately burg's passing game was off as well, cause they had the opportunities. it remains to be seen how burg's passing game develops with 2 major qb injuries. hope everybody makes a full recovery.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did the ironton/burg topic get closed down. I missed some of it with computer issues and was wanting to look back.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think this game is going to be interesting, Russell has couple good RB's and a QB that's not afraid to run, will throw a few passes in there too. The Fighting Tigers Defense better step it up a notch this week and stay focused.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

As great as the 1989 State Champs Ironton Fighting Tigers were, the Red Devils gave them all they wanted. Ironton's Terry Lowe's talent was discovered in that game.

Anyway, Tigers by 17

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton wins late

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:43 pm As great as the 1989 State Champs Ironton Fighting Tigers were, the Red Devils gave them all they wanted. Ironton's Terry Lowe's talent was discovered in that game.

Anyway, Tigers by 17
Burgs 89 state championship team seemed like they could have lost about every game that year. I think two games were won on trick plays.

Return to “Football”