Region 20 Playoff Watch

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Region 20 Playoff Watch

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm Burg, Madison, CHCA, Greenview, West Jeff, Madeira are locks IMO

Which means two spots are up for grabs. 5 have legit shots of the others mathematically alive.
1. West- even with a loss today and burg, I think they have best shot especially if Portsmouth takes out ironton.
2. Minford- simply best valley and they are probably in. I don’t think they will.
3. Portsmouth- beat ironton and hope for some upsets. They will need some help with win.
4. Mariemont- same boat as Portsmouth but an easier game to win. Need more help though.
5. Waynesville- win and in but play Madison so probably not going to happen. It’s their only way

I think west is in no matter what with the others battling it out to be in top 8.
Looks pretty reasonable to me. I see west and burg playing again in week 11. Sure better than driving down to Cincy for a mauling that's coming anyway. Might as well stay close to home lol

Who is going to maul Burg and why would we drive to Cincy? You think just because Burg got added to region 20 That they should drive to Cincy when they will be the number 1 seed? Game should be played at Wheelersburg North, Chillicothe.

Madison had to not be happy when they saw Burg added to region 20.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm Burg, Madison, CHCA, Greenview, West Jeff, Madeira are locks IMO

Which means two spots are up for grabs. 5 have legit shots of the others mathematically alive.
1. West- even with a loss today and burg, I think they have best shot especially if Portsmouth takes out ironton.
2. Minford- simply best valley and they are probably in. I don’t think they will.
3. Portsmouth- beat ironton and hope for some upsets. They will need some help with win.
4. Mariemont- same boat as Portsmouth but an easier game to win. Need more help though.
5. Waynesville- win and in but play Madison so probably not going to happen. It’s their only way

I think west is in no matter what with the others battling it out to be in top 8.
Looks pretty reasonable to me. I see west and burg playing again in week 11. Sure better than driving down to Cincy for a mauling that's coming anyway. Might as well stay close to home lol

Who is going to maul Burg and why would we drive to Cincy? You think just because Burg got added to region 20 That they should drive to Cincy when they will be the number 1 seed? Game should be played at Wheelersburg North, Chillicothe.

I think he may have been referring to West.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sucks for West to go play a caliber of team that they played yesterday to a 2 point game and get absolutely nothing for it. Points wise we would've been better to have played Northwest

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 am Sucks for West to go play a caliber of team that they played yesterday to a 2 point game and get absolutely nothing for it. Points wise we would've been better to have played Northwest
Yeah but you Learned more about your team by playing the team you played yesterday than you would have playing NW. As long as you make the playoffs way better off scheduling good teams and losing than playing teams like NW and having a running clock.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

fbnut wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 am
Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 am Sucks for West to go play a caliber of team that they played yesterday to a 2 point game and get absolutely nothing for it. Points wise we would've been better to have played Northwest
Yeah but you Learned more about your team by playing the team you played yesterday than you would have playing NW. As long as you make the playoffs way better off scheduling good teams and losing than playing teams like NW and having a running clock.
I understand that. And I agree. But it still sucks. It's another argument but it would be cool if the Harbin Points could be modified for strength of schedule. That would encourage teams to play a better schedule

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:11 am
fbnut wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 am
I understand that. And I agree. But it still sucks. It's another argument but it would be cool if the Harbin Points could be modified for strength of schedule. That would encourage teams to play a better schedule
There’s a huge difference when scheduling from each school individually. Some schools schedule decent teams they know they’ll beat and get to the playoffs. They are happy with that. Other schools schedule challenging games so they can learn and grow. I would much rather my school play the tougher opponents. You guys still will make the playoffs. You will probably get bounced week 11. That’s fine. But going forward, these coaches know what their kids can do and how far they can be pushed. So next year, they’ll push a little harder. These kids are learning life long lessons. They went and fought til the end even with being down rather substantially at the half. Look up man. Things aren’t always what they seem.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:24 am

No, he said come down to Cincy for a mauling anyway meaning I guess from Madison.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm

No, he said come down to Cincy for a mauling anyway meaning I guess from Madison.
Read it again. He was talking about West playing at Burg in week 11 which is better than the mauling West would get in Cincinnati.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Read it again. He was talking about West playing at Burg in week 11 which is better than the mauling West would get in Cincinnati.

You are correct sir!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:19 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 pm

You are correct sir!
Which I disagree, lol. If West is good at one thing it’s being able to stop the run. If they can get a couple of gimmick plays and possibly a turnover or two, they could slow Madison down enough to upset them. I think west would love to have minford lose and go into the 7th spot

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

If west played Madison I would give west a good shot at winning.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I don't follow this stuff like I used to. What needs to happen for West to move to the 7th seed if we loose to Wheelersburg Friday?
In my opinion Valley wins at home over Minford. That bumps Minford out?
That gives West secondary points because West beat Valley. Also CG and Wellston may win Friday. Portsmouth probably looses to Ironton
Last edited by Westfan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 am I don't follow this stuff like I used to. What needs to happen for West to move to the 7th seed if we loose to Wheelersburg Friday?
There are so many variables in this Region. Region 19 is pretty well set.

West is in, just depends what everyone else does as to where they will seed. I believe Minford will lose to valley. That would drop them behind west at 8, If they can stay in,BUT the falcons would need help. Portsmouth could sneak in but need a lot to happen. I think the worst spot west ends up with is 7th. I think Portsmouth or Mariemont will be 8th.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley beat Minford 42-14....so that helps west too id assume.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

coop wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 pm Valley beat Minford 42-14....so that helps west too id assume.
Thanks Valley.

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Portsmouth won! Are they in? Math wizards do work lol

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

They should pass Minford unless Minford gets a lot of help. There are 11 total teams alive though.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

portsmouth is in probably around 6th or 7th seed

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

When will it be official. I’m following eitel and region 20 is slacking lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Eitel UNOFFCIALLY has Portsmouth 6th, playing West Jefferson. West 7th playing Madison and Burg 1st playing Minford. I think Burg could end up playing West again or Clermont Northeast. They don’t show Minford losing to Valley tonight so I do not think Minford makes it.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”