Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by VetteMan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:23 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:00 pm Smurray, you may have said before and I missed it, but are the Wolf boys brothers? Also, what grade are they in school?
They are brothers. Easton and Phoenix. Easton, #23, is a senior. Phoenix, #21, is a sophomore. Both are very nice players on both sides of the ball.
Thank you! Figured as much.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Waverly's health, or lack thereof, concerns me greatly. Waverly need there offense locked and loaded for this one and it's just not fully loaded. Don't get me wrong the pantry isn't empty by any stretch of the imagination we have skilled talented kids on the field.
With the injuries, hype, youth of Waverly the Tigers will need there "A" game to win this one. That means win the turnover battle, play with fire, no stupid penalties and a big special teams play wouldn't hurt either.
Radiger Field will be rockin' Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ole bait may have to try to slide on over to this one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Any word on who is going to be filling in that spot on the O-line for the Tigers?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

too much burg on the injury plagued tigers......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

plan on making the trip down to waverly, any good places to eat in town I should know about?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Reds Fan wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am plan on making the trip down to waverly, any good places to eat in town I should know about?
There are a few good local pizza joints: Giovanni's (which is located across from the stadium), Lloyds, Cardos, and Freds.
A Mexican restaurant: El Charro
A BBQ joint: Beast and Bottle
A seafood place: Grand Tavern
Then there are your typical chain restaurants such as: Rooster's, Bob Evans, Subway, Wendy's, Etc..

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

What is the burg QB's stat line this far this year???

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Reds Fan wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am plan on making the trip down to waverly, any good places to eat in town I should know about?
You could also eat at the game. Waverly concession is awesome. Brats, Italian sausage,(with hand cut onions and peppers or kraut). 1/3lb steak burger, fried perch sandwich, Lloyds pizza, hotdogs with homemade sauce.

I always have a fish sandwich before the game and a spicy Italian sausage at halftime.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

OldTiger wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 pm
You could also eat at the game. Waverly concession is awesome. Brats, Italian sausage,(with hand cut onions and peppers or kraut). 1/3lb steak burger, fried perch sandwich, Lloyds pizza, hotdogs with homemade sauce.

I always have a fish sandwich before the game and a spicy Italian sausage at halftime.
Those are great options as well! I always get at least one thing every game. I have been hooked on the loaded nachos lately, very good!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

This year will be as close as Waverly gets for a while. Burg by 17-21 or so.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 am This year will be as close as Waverly gets for a while. Burg by 17-21 or so.
I'm curious as to what your reasoning is for this?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 am This year will be as close as Waverly gets for a while. Burg by 17-21 or so.
There is a wealth of talent and a plethora of linemen coming up through the ranks.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I think Waverlys program is looking upward I mean I don't think they'll be in bad spot they've done well recently and have a lot of young guys on this team who've seen playing time

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 am
There is a wealth of talent and a plethora of linemen coming up through the ranks.
I see, which is expected at this point. But I think Waverly will continue to have success for the next couple of seasons. We have a lot of young guys getting major playing time right now and have done pretty well to this point. I'm not saying the Tigers will be putting it on the Pirates in the near future, but I think it is safe to say they should be able to be somewhat competitive.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 am

I see, which is expected at this point. But I think Waverly will continue to have success for the next couple of seasons. We have a lot of young guys getting major playing time right now and have done pretty well to this point. I'm not saying the Tigers will be putting it on the Pirates in the near future, but I think it is safe to say they should be able to be somewhat competitive.
Indeed, the Freshman and Sophomore class is strong. Many of them making large contributions on Friday night.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Waverly always plays the Burg tough especially at Waverly. I doubt it will be a butt whooping either way. Burg is rolling but the Waverly game is like West and Burg, throw the stats and records out the bus window because it is on come game time.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 am Any word on who is going to be filling in that spot on the O-line for the Tigers?
Senior Caleb Howard came in and took Browns spot after he was injured. I’d assume he will be filling that role. He also plays Nose Guard.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I too am excited for Waverly football. We're sophomore heavy this year and start a couple of freshman. Sprinkle in a few juniors and we're hoping we will be even better next year. Just about all our skill positions will be back. We will need to replace some linemen.

Don't know how will we fair against the Burg but we're hoping to be better each of the next few years.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nah think you've got it backwards, with Waverly youth and talent this will probably be the year you see the game will be 3 possibly 4 score difference. Sophomore quarterback getting his 1st action against burg, the injuries and really Waverly's overall play calling isn't very good. They're simply to predictable and I know you want to get both shoemaker and Booker at tailback but there's a difference in how the offense moves the ball with shoemaker in there. After this year I think you'll start to see Waverly close the gap up and even grab a win or 2 over the next few years.

Return to “Football”