Then next week im going to come up there to waverly and kick the crap
out of a few of those Brats.
Would be nice if your guys would travel,,,,,,,,,,
Burgs Education at its Finest :lol: :D
I'm Lost could you elaborate ? :?:

Waterboy

Re: WK6 Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (0-5)

Post by newbie »

Voice of Reason wrote:Waverly has a very good team and will win this game by 4-5 TDs. Some of Valley's younger players are getting better but #22 being hurt is a huge blow to the struggling Valley offense.

One thing that blows my mind about message board guy is how they suddenly become smarter and more aware of personnel than a coach that has won more SOC and playoff games than anyone in the history of the league.

Thinking that playing any of these players more last year would be of benefit is clueless. Getting onto the field is earned and the under class men that did play were out there for a reason. The junior and senior classes have also played more JV games than probably anyone in program history. They have played... It wouldn't change their Friday night performance. The biggest difference in the Valley improvement is the experience of the sophomores. They were not ready to be on a varsity field last year, especially when you are competing for SOC titles and playoff victories.

And it wouldn't matter if Tom Herman were calling the plays, when you don't have the guys to block and skill guys to make plays. It is getting better, but this is a growing year for the sophomores and hopefully freshman.

A few things on these statements that kind of irritate me, (BTW I had to start a new name as my password somehow was dropped, so im no one post guy) My son , who is a junior this year, plays for Valley and has started since he was a freshman and has indeed became a better football player this year regardless of the win/loss record. He absolutely plays his guts out and will continue to do so regardless of the score. My son was more than ready to be on the field his sophomore year with the group from last year and his freshman year as well, so to say this is a growing year and by grouping these players as a whole is wrong. To say there is no skill players and lump everyone as whole gets under my skin! It just isn't true.
I do wish #22 was back to help out with running ball but he isn't and it really wouldn't matter when you get hit while taking a handoff.
Its been a rough year and will get rougher as conference play starts, lets hope for an injury free season and proceed to get better during the off season.

There are plenty of players on the field who have the ability to perform but choose to take plays off and when your coach is limited on choices this is what happens. The coach can only teach what can be learned but the values a player has starts at home and this unfortunately is a problem.

My opinion is that there are players who are coming up lame as our season moves forward and character is tested, I know one player who will be out there battling giving it his all with or without help around him because that is just how he is made, I wish other players would see this and strive to keep up.

I personally know 95% of the Waverly kids showing up to play tonight and have been there during the development of these young men and hope they come out and perform what is expected of them. I know several of the Valley folks as well and I hope these young men come out ready to play as well. IM looking forward to tonight with the expectation that Waverly will try and establish more of a run game to go with their dynamic passing as they will require both to defeat burg and compete in the playoffs. I hope to see Valley come out play the run hard from a defensive standpoint and make some sort of progression in the secondary as talent will allow. My biggest hope is that Valleys line strives to make adjustments and protect their backs and that our return team actually looks for seems while running as there will no doubt be plenty of opportunities to work on kick off returns tonight.

Waverly-35/42
Valley-13

Waterboy

Post by newbie »

Izladoom wrote:They did not put these kids in much because other teams would keep their varsity in and these kids would have gotten hurt they are small now last year they just was not ready there is not many sophomores ready for varsity anywhere and the ones who are great athletes these kids are not great athletes

Wrong, please do not attempt to lump all the players on Valleys team in whole and say they are to small, not ready and they are all not great athletes... I cant stand it when folks group everyone into a whole. If your going to call out groups of players, be sure to exclude the ones who deserve it.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GGOD LUCK TO THE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

newbie wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:Waverly has a very good team and will win this game by 4-5 TDs. Some of Valley's younger players are getting better but #22 being hurt is a huge blow to the struggling Valley offense.

One thing that blows my mind about message board guy is how they suddenly become smarter and more aware of personnel than a coach that has won more SOC and playoff games than anyone in the history of the league.

Thinking that playing any of these players more last year would be of benefit is clueless. Getting onto the field is earned and the under class men that did play were out there for a reason. The junior and senior classes have also played more JV games than probably anyone in program history. They have played... It wouldn't change their Friday night performance. The biggest difference in the Valley improvement is the experience of the sophomores. They were not ready to be on a varsity field last year, especially when you are competing for SOC titles and playoff victories.

And it wouldn't matter if Tom Herman were calling the plays, when you don't have the guys to block and skill guys to make plays. It is getting better, but this is a growing year for the sophomores and hopefully freshman.

A few things on these statements that kind of irritate me, (BTW I had to start a new name as my password somehow was dropped, so im no one post guy) My son , who is a junior this year, plays for Valley and has started since he was a freshman and has indeed became a better football player this year regardless of the win/loss record. He absolutely plays his guts out and will continue to do so regardless of the score. My son was more than ready to be on the field his sophomore year with the group from last year and his freshman year as well, so to say this is a growing year and by grouping these players as a whole is wrong. To say there is no skill players and lump everyone as whole gets under my skin! It just isn't true.
I do wish #22 was back to help out with running ball but he isn't and it really wouldn't matter when you get hit while taking a handoff.
Its been a rough year and will get rougher as conference play starts, lets hope for an injury free season and proceed to get better during the off season.

There are plenty of players on the field who have the ability to perform but choose to take plays off and when your coach is limited on choices this is what happens. The coach can only teach what can be learned but the values a player has starts at home and this unfortunately is a problem.

My opinion is that there are players who are coming up lame as our season moves forward and character is tested, I know one player who will be out there battling giving it his all with or without help around him because that is just how he is made, I wish other players would see this and strive to keep up.

I personally know 95% of the Waverly kids showing up to play tonight and have been there during the development of these young men and hope they come out and perform what is expected of them. I know several of the Valley folks as well and I hope these young men come out ready to play as well. IM looking forward to tonight with the expectation that Waverly will try and establish more of a run game to go with their dynamic passing as they will require both to defeat burg and compete in the playoffs. I hope to see Valley come out play the run hard from a defensive standpoint and make some sort of progression in the secondary as talent will allow. My biggest hope is that Valleys line strives to make adjustments and protect their backs and that our return team actually looks for seems while running as there will no doubt be plenty of opportunities to work on kick off returns tonight.

Waverly-35/42
Valley-13
Very respectful post sir, very nice ;)

Valley0123
Waterboy

Post by Valley0123 »

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

7-0 Tigers 58 seconds

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Good punt return by Kritzwiser ball on Valley 34

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

13-0 waverly 23 seconds left first q

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

21-0 even though officiating is a bit of a bother!!

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

27-0 halftime

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

41-0 running clock

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

47-0 Final
Most of the 2nd quarter was interesting with the subject officiating but Waverly managed a couple TD's late in the quarter t take a commanding 27-0 lead into the lockeroom.
Tigers mixed in youger players with the starters late in the 3rd and played entirely 2nd team in the 4th.
Missed Teeters kicking off and PAT's as he sustained a concussion playing soccer. Hope to have him and Faheem Gilbert back for Burg.

toast
All State

Re: Waverly 47 Valley 0

Post by toast »

It's been a long time since I've seen a game where the officiating was "that" one-sided. Nice to see Waverly was able to overcome such extreme adversity. Still shaking my head this morning.

As for Valley. I was impressed with their team. They played hard and there was no quit. Hang in there and keep improving. As for Waverly….always play hard and maintain your composure and poise. Something I was not able to do last night.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

On this play the player was ruled down before the ball came out! You be the judge

Attachments
14449004_10154376369521131_4581061896189683361_n.jpg
14449004_10154376369521131_4581061896189683361_n.jpg (78.37 KiB) Viewed 1288 times

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

You won 47-0 and are complaining?

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

The officiating this year has been awful is my point

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The picture tells you what happened. The official in the background probably made the call. He cant see the front of the player. How many times does this happen in college only to be reversed. Believe it or not officials are human. Stop belly aching

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

newbie, I think you are misinterpreting what I said and I'm sorry for that. As a long time Valley supporter the point of my post had more to do with those that take plays off and blame coaching than it does with "lumping" groups of players. As I said above, the players who worked and were ready saw the field before this season. Your kid is one of them. A darn fine player who frankly deserves better. Your take is level headed and very true. I thought I made it clear with my "Getting into the field is earned, and the under classmen who did so earned it" comment but to make it more clear he was not part of those I believe just don't have it. I think it's refreshing that you see the true issues and not looking for a cop out as to why a kid isn't performing. Enjoy watching your kid, he's a heckuva player and though I don't know him personally, by all accounts he's a great kid.

Return to “Football”