Jackson
Athens
Portsmouth
Miaimi Trace
Washington CH
Unioto

Were all in a Conference for football who wins it
sure as hell wouldn't be Unioto....lol

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Re: What "IF"...

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

What if, all the best athletes in Lawrence County decided to go to Ironton St Joe and restart the football program? They would still be no bigger than a d6 school. Just a crazy thought. I'm sure the same argument could be made for Ports Notre Dame.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think it was 77 trench that Ironton/logan tied in the SEOAL for the league title. because I remember our team coming up there for a league banquet. dang near 40 years ago. crazy ain't it.
Yep, sure is Bait.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What if Ohio could only pick 80 all Ohio players. 20 from each regional North, South, East and West. Now someone will say there will be a lot of talent pasted over. But you know that just hear say.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

frankie wrote:What if in 1977 ol' bait hadn't blown his knee out :?:
:o ...... The Cold War would still be cold! Paris Hilton wouldn't be a slut.. Reagan would of stayed in acting... The ripple effect from that one event :shock: limitless! Heck!! The bengals would of prolly won BOTH Super Bowls!!!! Lol ;) jk they would of still lost both of em :(

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

What if the 2014 Athens team played this schedule from THIS YEARS TEAMS.

1.Millersport
2.south point
3.northwest
4.fairland
5.gallia academy
6.valley
7.federal hocking
8.beallsville
9.Logan
10.Ironton

How many points would they score i say they average 85 a game. MYSELF

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

Dandy Don wrote:Once again a thread contaminated with tales of 30 year ago glory days.
WHAT IF, people stopped living in the past and lived in the present with high school football? What if, fans stopped comparing the "Lutz Era" to every other coach that will assume this position.
I AM NOT A FAN OF IRONTON, BUT I HATE THE NEGATIVITY THAT I SEE ON SEOPS. UNTIL THIS COMMUNITY MOVES AWAY FROM THE PAST, NO COACH WILL EVER BE SUCESSFUL. THE NEGATIVITY WILL CONTINUE TO HARM THE YOUNG MEN THAT TAKE THE FIELD EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT.
Last edited by redmanfan on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

What if, the people in the stands at RH games stopped badmouthing the players and the coaches?

What if, the "RH Fans" supported the athletes and the coaches?

What if, RH fans could face the reality that the most succes RH has ever had has been woth McCollister and Knipp.

What if, the boosters, who are there to support the programs, actually supported the program? Instead of the president of the board running a campaign with Mark Harper to fire the coach the players wanted.

What if, the fans critiquing and bashing Brady Knipp, the coaches kid, had a clue about football .I heard a guy this past friday and several last Friday slam this kid. In reality, he had 7 carries for about 64 yards against Fairland. He averages about 7 to 8 yards a carry for the year. About half of the carries he has are not from his position, but because he is filling in. Not to mention, the countless blocks he makes for his teammates. Yet, he is the coaches kid and doesn't deserve to play. (Just typical RH ignorance)

What if, fans of RH fans finally realized that negativity in our community continues to destroy our programs?

Rhdh
Waterboy

Post by Rhdh »

redmanfan wrote:What if, the people in the stands at RH games stopped badmouthing the players and the coaches?

What if, the "RH Fans" supported the athletes and the coaches?

What if, RH fans could face the reality that the most succes RH has ever had has been woth McCollister and Knipp.

What if, the boosters, who are there to support the programs, actually supported the program? Instead of the president of the board running a campaign with Mark Harper to fire the coach the players wanted.

What if, the fans critiquing and bashing Brady Knipp, the coaches kid, had a clue about football .I heard a guy this past friday and several last Friday slam this kid. In reality, he had 7 carries for about 64 yards against Fairland. He averages about 7 to 8 yards a carry for the year. About half of the carries he has are not from his position, but because he is filling in. Not to mention, the countless blocks he makes for his teammates. Yet, he is the coaches kid and doesn't deserve to play. (Just typical RH ignorance)

What if, fans of RH fans finally realized that negativity in our community continues to destroy our programs?
. Well said!!!!

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

What if Ironton finishes up it's season losing to Peake, Hill, CG, and Portsmouth? I will give them a W against Gallia Academy.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

What if Ed Miller never retired as burgs head coach. How many more titles would they have

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

What if Bob Lutz would have had talent at Ironton?... Just think...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He would have won championships

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

What "IF" we didn't have Facebook, Twitter, SEOP,Instagram, Cell phones,internet :?:

You can't handle the truth
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

gametime wrote:What "IF" we didn't have Facebook, Twitter, SEOP,Instagram, Cell phones,internet :?:
I would be a kid again

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

When I asked the question about Lutz and the OVC, I hoped for the real answers. South Point had a great team in 76, my Flyers had a team in 74 that was very talented. Coal Grove had some great teams during that era and I'm sure the other schools did also. In 1976 Oak Hill had a RB named Williams who was as good as anyone we played against. Sorry I brought up the past, lets talk about how great the Burg is,lol

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

What if you haint right Bait? :)

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:What if Ed Miller never retired as burgs head coach. How many more titles would they have
I gonna have to say a few more for sure.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What if the TVC realigned. what would it look like lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:52 am What if the TVC realigned. what would it look like lol
Every school in South East Ohio besides Logan :lol:

Return to “Football”