Playoffs:D4 #6 Union Local (9-1) @ #3 Waverly (9-1)

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

In a thriller Waverly!
Walls shines in this one!
He's one pissed off fellow since the loss and
he has to take it out on someone!

GO WAVERLY!

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Good Luck Tigers, Go out there and bring the city of Waverly home a big WIN!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Tigers cannot kick to the speedster. If we never have to punt that will be great but if we do we better punt the ball out of bounds. After each score, which we hope is often, kick the ball out of bounds and let them have it at the 40. I think our chances would be better with our defense than with our coverage team against that guy.

Waverly also has to get pressure on the QB. We didn't do that at Burg and Spradlin picked us apart. We can't let him run either. He has rushed for over 600 yards this season.

The Tiger offense must start on fire and get Union Local down early. Waverly cannot afford to start slow. Hopefully we can run the ball enough to keep the UL defense honest. If Walls can spread it around the Tigers will have success.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Aug. 27, 2005

Last time Waverly lost a game at Radiger Field!

Go Tigers, Beat the Jets!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I only counted 38 players on Union Local's team off the WTOV-TV website link. IDK, help Waverly fans the Tigers have more than 38 right? This is the Jets first ever playoff appearance so we have an experience edge. They have five receivers all with at least 11 catches and with at least 120 yards.
Their QB thrown foor 1800+ yards with 19 TDs and 11 interceptions.
Their defense has 15 picks 5 returned for TDs (two by Gust and one by their QB, who also plays D)
Lets's pack Radaiger Field on Saturday night. I suggest a big screen, with the BIG TEN NETWORK so we can watch the Bucks win and then watch the Tigers win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Union Local in an upset special

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Bucks play at noon. Does anyone plan to have the RV with the big screen there again this year? Any special plans at the stadium?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

G&B from huddle wrote:I only counted 38 players on Union Local's team off the WTOV-TV website link. IDK, help Waverly fans the Tigers have more than 38 right?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Did you count the number of players on the Burg sideline?

Good Luck Waverly and represent the SOC II well!!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Region15...thanks for the info. So, the QB is a junior and not a sophomore. Well, that certainly doesn't make me feel any better :)

2010 said it right...we have to get some pressure up front this week. We can't give this kid as much time as we gave Spradlin. We have to hit 'em hard, and hit 'em early...don't let them get into a rhythm like Burg did coming out of the gate.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

After each score, which we hope is often, kick the ball out of bounds and let them have it at the 40.

What is the rule on a kick-off that travels out of bounds?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

What is the rule on a kick-off that travels out of bounds?

I think you can either back them up 10 yds and re-kick or take the ball at your own 40.....

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

take the ball 25 yards from where the ball was kicked or 5 yard penalty and rekick!.

Rule 6-1-8

3 options

1. 5 yard penalty and rekick
2. Take the ball at the spot 25 yards from previous spot(kick off spot)
3. Take the ball where it goes out of bounds.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

4th and goal,
Burg for one thing is a smaller school than Waverly, hence they're D-V. And I was just surprised at what seems to me to be a low number for a D-IV school. I never said anyone had an advantage ot disadvantage b/c of the numbers. Read what I type not what someone wants to read into to what I say. If thought it would a impact on the game I'll let everyone know.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Thanks JohnKnight...I completely forgot about option #3

19eightyfive
Waterboy

Post by 19eightyfive »

kart81 wrote:yea, gucci you are quite right they need to throw the ball more to other players

instead of trying to get the offenseive coach's kid the glory all the time don't get me wrong he's a great ball player but he has been having trouble catching the ball the last 2 or 3 weeks it just goes through his hands.
(either that or get a super sized jar of stick-um to soak his hands in all day before game time)

the goode kid has some awsome hands, and hopefully the williams kid will get the cast off he is also a great asset that waverly has missed pretty much all season the arnett kid looked really good friday night along with the patay boy
need to use everyone they cant cover every body at once

i concure, its the playoffs, no time to build up one player to make him look good, you've got to use every weapon you have. and if they use Good and and the others that will open up the run, and we can run.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Let's go Band of Brothers!!!

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Good Luck Tigers from Ironmen Country!! :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Luck Waverly Tigers from CAV Country :!:

Represent the Great City of Waverly, the SOC and SE-Ohio in Football tonight. We'll be rooting for you guys from Chillicothe. :-D

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck Waverly.
Throw short and to the right. :-D

sig
Waterboy

Post by sig »

I just don't see Waverly having much of a chance to win this game. Zack Gust and company are to fast, aggressive and physical. If Waverly could stay within striking distance at half I suppose they might have a chance but don't see that.

Return to “Football”