2018 SOC2 Football

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Minford, West, and Waverly Are Undefeated. Can Anyone Challenge The Burg.

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:55 pm
mattash wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 pm So many good matchup choices to watch this year. Does 4 out of 5 make playoffs? Does Valley get a win? Does Oak Hill start next year?
Waverly makes the playoffs, West is in, Minford has to win 7 games, and Burg is #1 in Region 20. With Burg possibly hosting Ptown week 11.
That would be a huge crowd at The Ed for that game. Love to see it happen.

Momma
Waterboy

Post by Momma »

I think attendance has been down at SVC games this year

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Valley got a win, and should get another this week. Or are you only talking about conference wins?

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

No

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What's scary about Burg is they have hardly even used Holden this year. He gets about 4-6 balls thrown to him per game and I think he only has 3 TD catches, not sure exactly on that. I look for him to get the ball more come conference play going into the playoffs.

I don't think Minford has the horses this year

Waverly is always a tough place to play. I look for Burg to play ball control in that game. The O-line has really come together and they can line it up and run between the tackles all night long. Horsely is a load and Clevenger runs hard, just needs to hold onto the ball. Would like to see Mathews get more carries as well as Tanner Wilson. Kid is hard to bring down when he runs it.

Everyone thought West had the team last year and we all know how that game ended. Take away the missed tackles on the first play for West and that game is a shutout for the Burg. West had some key starters back from last year but so did Burg. Burg defense has been very stout, even in the Hartley game. Hartley had a couple of long runs and the rest of there scores were the result of a Burg turnover giving them a short field.

Should be fun in the conference this year and it would be nice to have 4 teams make the playoffs but probably won't happen. I see Minford losing to all three W's and not making it in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOUNDS LIKE EXCITING TIMES IN THE SOC2

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 SOC 2 Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by mattash »

So many points this year in this league

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”