Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Raycharles »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:19 am
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 am
14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am

This game isn’t going to be a 2 or 3 score game. It’s going to be a great game going 4 quarters with Ironton needing to hold on to the ball and no 100 yards in penalties or it’s will be a long night for the Fighting Tigers!! Ridgewood will make Ironton pay if all that happens again this week. Ridgewood doesn’t make mistakes or turn the ball over. Ridgewood is a very discipline football team with great coaching. This team is young and next year will be their year to run the table.
Will have to replace a lot of offensively... Defensively we will be stout again.
What do you replace on offense?
#3 #6 #11 #9 #56 #51 #34 I think we will be alright junior class now has the linemen and sophomore group now has the athletes. Always nice when you’ll have #2 back there for 2 more years that’ll make everyone around him better with leadership and talent. Atleast I hope lol

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am ironton will not lose worse than burg did. Irontons defense is way better than burgs
I agree! If Ironton just plays Ironton football and pounds on ridgewood for 4 quarters and doesn’t turn the ball over and cut the penalties out they will be fine. But if they turn the ball over a lot and many penalties it’s going to be a long night for the Tigers!! Ridgewood will make the tigers pay for their mistakes!!
Good post 14u, that sums it up.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:01 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
Gotta love your jealousy hate towards Ironton , even when your in basketball season still worried about what the tiger football team is doing
If I was betting on this, I bet it’s a young man in high school or young man that played and throwing his emotions out there. I have see many Burg posters on here saying great things, so one bad apple doesn’t make them all bad!!! I go to the best game around the area and will be there Saturday because I know this is going to be a good one. Most Ironton and burg posters are great people as I’ve sat on both sides and talked to most when watching both. Good Luck this Saturday. Also to see a score like this doesn’t make since for a week 13 game, does it? Both teams are good and going to bring their A game!!

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

With my Pirates going down in defeat last week, I will be pulling for Ironton this week. Hopefully they can pull off a win against a very stout opponent in Ridgewood, and show that there is some championship football being played down here on the river. Ridgewood is the real deal, and hopefully Ironton comes out and plays well against by far the toughest opponent in the second half of their season.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

From what I’ve seen he’s a really good QB with really good receivers they seem to rely on the big play , they will make plays Saturday night ironton will need to keep those plays between the 20’s I think Ridgewood will have a tough time scoring on Ironton in the red zone . And on the other side Ironton has a really good QB with some Really good receivers and some big backs that can snd will pound the ball

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:42 am
Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:01 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
Gotta love your jealousy hate towards Ironton , even when your in basketball season still worried about what the tiger football team is doing
If I was betting on this, I bet it’s a young man in high school or young man that played and throwing his emotions out there. I have see many Burg posters on here saying great things, so one bad apple doesn’t make them all bad!!! I go to the best game around the area and will be there Saturday because I know this is going to be a good one. Most Ironton and burg posters are great people as I’ve sat on both sides and talked to most when watching both. Good Luck this Saturday. Also to see a score like this doesn’t make since for a week 13 game, does it? Both teams are good and going to bring their A game!!
I agree , if the role was reversed I would be rooting for the burg

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Definitely I have a lot of respect for ridgewood and they have a really good coach I know it will be tough I think that’s one edge they have on us too is coaching experience

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:33 am
Will have to replace a lot of offensively... Defensively we will be stout again.
#3 #6 #11 #9 #56 #51 #34 I think we will be alright junior class now has the linemen and sophomore group now has the athletes. Always nice when you’ll have #2 back there for 2 more years that’ll make everyone around him better with leadership and talent. Atleast I hope lol
Wow!! I must been looking wrong as thought you were loosing only a few on offense. Yes ur right about #2 being a leader and making those around him better. Defense wins championships and ur stacked with a good discipline defense and can always find in missing pieces on offense.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:33 am
Is #35 a junior I’ve seen him make a few big plays this year just watching there highlights

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

orange20hd wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:44 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Defense wins Championships!!! Go Tigers!
Agree Defense wins Championships, but I think you may be surprised by Woods' Defense as well. #57 & #62 will clog the middle as well. Don't believe you seen a QB with Tingles game. He is on a different level. #6 is not the only WR we have #3 and he is a force also. If, #9 is able to play you also have to deal with him. In your games against Good defenses you scores 10 points both games. So I'll go with Wood 21-10. Safe travels to all and good luck to both teams in a great Regional Final game.
How many picks did Ridgewoods QB throw vs Burg. 2 or 3? One was in the red zone correct?

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:01 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Agree Defense wins Championships, but I think you may be surprised by Woods' Defense as well. #57 & #62 will clog the middle as well. Don't believe you seen a QB with Tingles game. He is on a different level. #6 is not the only WR we have #3 and he is a force also. If, #9 is able to play you also have to deal with him. In your games against Good defenses you scores 10 points both games. So I'll go with Wood 21-10. Safe travels to all and good luck to both teams in a great Regional Final game.
How many picks did Ridgewoods QB throw vs Burg. 2 or 3? One was in the red zone correct?
He threw just 1 has thrown 3 all year with that one. 35 is a junior too.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Are they calling for rain Saturday night?

Teams that like to throw the ball don't fair well in the rain. Could be a difference maker

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:00 pm Are they calling for rain Saturday night?

Teams that like to throw the ball don't fair well in the rain. Could be a difference maker
The app I'm looking at has a 65% chance of rain for Saturday.

... but you know what they say -- don't trust the weatherman! Who knows what % it will be at by Friday.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:00 pm Are they calling for rain Saturday night?

A lot of time between now and then but calling for the rain/snow during the day and to be over with by kickoff at the moment. I don't believe the rain effects the passing game as much as it once did, with everyone playing on turf balls being regularly brought in and out. Obviously if it's a down pour that's a different story but that doesn't look to be the case here. I think continuous winds are more of a problem for the teams who are pass heavy.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:01 am

QB threw one ball was at 45 and Mathews caught up with it on the 15, so it was like a 40 yard punt on 2nd or 3rd and long.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This game has the same setup as when Burg played Germantown Valley View, who had a great QB named Strayer. He tore Burg apart the week before in the playoffs. The next week GVV faced Ironton and he was tearing Ironton up as well. I think Ironton was down 21-3 when they hurt Strayer and knocked him out of the game and Ironton rolled them in the second half

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Might just head to this game. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. Is Carrico healthy/full go? Spelling? GO IRONTON!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Carrico is healthy.
They really haven’t had to burden him Lately.
With the blowouts late season they’ve been able to develop others.
What I find interesting is that not many folks are mentioning the ability of Gage Salyers.
Inked @ Youngstown State prior to Senior campaign as IronTon QB & is very capable of doing many things on that field for the FighTing Tigers!!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm Carrico is healthy.
What I find interesting is that not many folks are mentioning the ability of Gage Salyers.
Inked @ Youngstown State prior to Senior campaign as IronTon QB & is very capable of doing many things on that field for the FighTing Tigers!!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not too familiar with all the Tiger players, but that's good to hear about Gage Salyers. I'll look for him too if I decide to go. What's Salyers and Carrico's jersey numbers?

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:24 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm Carrico is healthy.

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not too familiar with all the Tiger players, but that's good to hear about Gage Salyers. I'll look for him too if I decide to go. What's Salyers and Carrico's jersey numbers?

Carrico is #28 and Salyers is #7

Return to “Football”