State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

People been complaining about parking at Chillicothe the last three weeks but then say nothing about no parking around this stadium???

It's sad that politics play a part in the venue for the football state championships. Almost all of the other championships are played in Columbus.I just looked at the google map satellite picture for the Stark county fairgrounds and I don't see any parking there either.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just read the stadium rules and it says no seat cushions. Does that mean the stadium seats are cushioned???

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm EASTWOOD 28-13(BURG WON'T BE ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON LIKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS). IF IT'S RUN, RUN, RUN THEN IT'LL BE A BORING GAME BUT SOMEBODY'S GOTTA WIN. TOW GOOD DEFENSES BUT LET'S THROW SOME GUYS AND OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK.

What makes you think Eastwood will put up 28 on this Pirate defense?? It looks like they are basically a one back team (40 carries last week). Burg will key on him and shut him down. Remember, Burg don’t come at you with 2-3 defenders they hit you with 7-8
JUST A HUNCH. I THOUGHT SOUTH RANGE DURING THE YEAR WAS THE ODDS ON FAVORITE TO WIN AND EASTWOOD SHUT THEM DOWN ALMOST COMPLETELY AND THEY HAD A GOOD MIX OF PASSING/RUNNING ALL YEAR LONG (SOUTH RANGE). THE OLD COACH FOR WAUSEON (WHEN THEY BEAT IRONTON BACK IN 93 FINALS) SAYS IN THE NEWSPAPER UP THERE THAT THE EASTWOOD DEFENSE THIS YEAR IS THE BEST HE'S SEEN IN HIS WHOLE CAREER (MEDIUM/SMALL SCHOOL) IN THE STATE. THAT'S A HUGE STATEMENT. I DON'T THINK BURG CAN RUN ON THEM CONSISTENTLY SO THE PASSING WILL HAVE TO PICK UP A BIT. I WATCHED THE ACADEMY GAME IN PERSON AND THAT 1ST HALF WAS STUNNING TO ME WITH DROPPED BALLS IN THE PASSING GAME AND PENALTIES. ACADEMY JUST GOT WORN DOWN THE SECOND HALF (NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS) AND EASTWOOD GOES THE WHOLE GAME AND FLY TO THE BALL ON DEFENSE. IF BURG'S GOING TO WIN THEY'LL NEED TO THROW BECAUSE SOUTH RANGE LAST WEEK HAD A VERY GOOD PASSING GAME BUT WAS COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. WE'LL SEE, I'LL BE LISTENING ON THE RADIO.

South Range game should have been 14-14 at half. South Range receiver dropped one in the end zone. Others were dropped that would have been first downs that ended drives. Another time, South Range QB threw to a receiver on a short curl route instead of to a receiver streaming down the sideline wide open that would have been another TD if QB would have thrown it to him. All of those miscues were unforced errors that ended drives and kept points off the board. Don’t get me wrong there Captain Capitals, Eastwood is a good team otherwise they wouldn’t still be playing. But the thing is, Burg is the better team. As you are sitting there listening to the radio posting in your shouty capitals on Friday, you will hear the pads pop as our defense holds your team to their lowest total yards of the season. You will hear the announcer say that’s enough for a first down after another great pass from our QB to one of his receivers. Followed by the Push our o-line will get to allow the RB to gain those extra yards that will demoralize a defense. If you happen to stop us short sometimes and we are in field goal range(which is a long range by the way) that will be just an additional 3 points to add to our tally. This is PIRATE FOOTBALL!!! It’s unforgiving and it will punish all who stand in its way. So Mr. Shouty Caps, if you want to reply to this post with some kind of smart aleck comment. Go ahead. The Burg knows what’s going to happen on Friday even if Eastwood doesn’t.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... story.html
Nice write up from The Toledo Blade

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Proud_Pirate63

Captain Capitals and Mr Shouty Caps. —— I woke up and started reading your post and had to get up or my laughter would have awoken the entire house.

This is to you Mr Shouty Caps —- you one in a hundred all capital typing sports nonsense poster!!! I can just hear the Bud Light commercial in my head ( background singers—-you don’t even know it’s rude!!!!).

But seriously or perhaps Somewhat Seriously —- doesn’t it seem that Pemberville had a dress rehearsal for Burg last week with South Range and Wheelersburg had a dress rehearsal for Pemberville with Madison? The question is who is better? I think Friday at 3:00 will answer that. My guess is Mr FROZEN CAPS will be disappointed.

Burg 17 EASTWOOD 7. Out of respect for Alex Ovechkin Mr Washington CAPITALS.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PP63, it’s been a long time sense someone made me laugh that hard. I had to reread the post because I couldn’t get past Captain Capital. Lmfao.

Another thing. I have never seen Mr. Shouty Fingers on here before and he is 2nd Team All State. How tf does that happen?Where did this enraged finger screaming psychopath come from?

This one is for the finger banger of keyboards. So Burg beat Academy because they didn’t have enough players? Are you as dumb as you are loud? Burg outscored them 35-3 in the second half. And I believe put up 21 in the 3rd. Yea, I’d say they were worn out in the fourth after having the ball shoved down their throat. Burg beat them because Burg was the better team. No need to look for excuses.

And South Range. I watched a few of their games on YouTube. They weren’t that good. Burg would handle them easily. No doubt about that.

This game here. I have a feeling that this will be the best game Burg has played all year. I look for them to have an explosive offensive performance. Eastwood will be surprised to say the least. They think they are getting the team that struggled against Madison. They don’t realize that they have that fixed. I’d say going into the 4th we’ll see a 14-7 ball game. When it’s all said and done. Burg will be bring the Trophy 🏆 home with them by a final score of 35-7. Boom 💥. You heard it here first folks. Pirates are gonna roll.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 am PP63, it’s been a long time sense someone made me laugh that hard. I had to reread the post because I couldn’t get past Captain Capital. Lmfao.

Another thing. I have never seen Mr. Shouty Fingers on here before and he is 2nd Team All State. How tf does that happen?Where did this enraged finger screaming psychopath come from?

This one is for the finger banger of keyboards. So Burg beat Academy because they didn’t have enough players? Are you as dumb as you are loud? Burg outscored them 35-3 in the second half. And I believe put up 21 in the 3rd. Yea, I’d say they were worn out in the fourth after having the ball shoved down their throat. Burg beat them because Burg was the better team. No need to look for excuses.

And South Range. I watched a few of their games on YouTube. They weren’t that good. Burg would handle them easily. No doubt about that.

This game here. I have a feeling that this will be the best game Burg has played all year. I look for them to have an explosive offensive performance. Eastwood will be surprised to say the least. They think they are getting the team that struggled against Madison. They don’t realize that they have that fixed. I’d say going into the 4th we’ll see a 14-7 ball game. When it’s all said and done. Burg will be bring the Trophy 🏆 home with them by a final score of 35-7. Boom 💥. You heard it here first folks. Pirates are gonna roll.
I’ve said it since Friday and I’ll say it again...I truly believe Madison would have beat South Range had they played them

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 am PP63, it’s been a long time sense someone made me laugh that hard. I had to reread the post because I couldn’t get past Captain Capital. Lmfao.

I’ve said it since Friday and I’ll say it again...I truly believe Madison would have beat South Range had they played them
Oh yea. For sure.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 am

Oh yea. For sure.
Everyone keeps talking about Eastwood beating South Range blah blah blah. I’m fairly certain we beat the better team between those 2 last week and didn’t even have our best game

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:12 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 am

Oh yea. For sure.
Everyone keeps talking about Eastwood beating South Range blah blah blah. I’m fairly certain we beat the better team between those 2 last week and didn’t even have our best game
I agree. They want to talk about Fantastic50 rankings. Lol. They don’t know how it works. When a team comes from nowhere, they aren’t going to be ranked very high because they start so low.

Another thing. Wheelersburg is not South Range.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck Burg!!! Bring it guys!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I posted before about restrictions and some thought I was posting just to post.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 pm I posted before about restrictions and some thought I was posting just to post.
Why are there restrictions at this game but not none of the others? The one I don’t understand is no seat cushions. What is the logic behind that?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

LICKING COUNTY , Where and when did you post restrictions ? Didn't see it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HEY GOOD LUCK TO YOU PIRATES N PIRATE FANS THIS WEEKEND, I'LL BE SITTIN RIGHT HERE WATCHIN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Did you seriously just predict a score within
2 points of a running clock?! Oh man, you're gona get it now. How dare you haha

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm MARION PLEASANT BEAT GENOA 48-21 IN THE 1ST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS AND THEN EASTWOOD BEAT PLEASANT 35-0 SO THERE IS NO RHYME NOR REASON SO BY THAT COMPARISON EASTWOOD IS 52 POINTS BETTER THAN GENOA. THAT'S WHY YA GOTTA BUCKLE'EM UP EVERY WEEKEND
Please turn the god forsaken caps lock off!
Its freaking annoying.............

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

callie15 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 pm LICKING COUNTY , Where and when did you post restrictions ? Didn't see it.
I can't remember the thread but its on here somewhere.

Its an NFL stadium therefore NFL stadium rules apply.

I think it is stupid because its an high school game.
My thoughts on this is, no high school game should ever be played in a NFL ran stadium.
Reason to many restrictions coupled with many other reasons.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

callie15 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 pm LICKING COUNTY , Where and when did you post restrictions ? Didn't see it.
Here you go.
You will have to read through all of the bickering some did.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Best way to Canton from Burg?? Mapquest giving three options. Like to know routes people are taking. Thanks

Return to “Football”