Portsmouth 7 - 42 Ironton 2022

frankie
Varsity

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by frankie »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 pm So if I’m reading right ,Ironton thinks they are to good to even play a OVC schedule. Portsmouth isn’t even mentioned either on teams to play. I truly feel that Portsmouth has always had the athletes to play with anyone and Ironton is turning there noses up at Portsmouth and all OVC now.
Someone posts possible teams Ironton could schedule and you say Ironton is turning their nose up at Portsmouth and the OVC? That's hilarious. You must get butthurt easily.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:37 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 pm So if I’m reading right ,Ironton thinks they are to good to even play a OVC schedule. Portsmouth isn’t even mentioned either on teams to play. I truly feel that Portsmouth has always had the athletes to play with anyone and Ironton is turning there noses up at Portsmouth and all OVC now.
Someone posts possible teams Ironton could schedule and you say Ironton is turning their nose up at Portsmouth and the OVC? That's hilarious. You must get butthurt easily.

The seo line of "local whiny ass about Ironton" programs forms to the right. 😂

BTWN_THE_LINE
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t think ironton is thinking they are too good. It’s the people posting making schedules for them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't know everything that happened at the time, but Ironton was in the SEOAL and wanted to leave so didn't the OVC vote them in? Seems like if you are going to jump on someone it would be all the people that voted Ironton in. Ironton ask to join, and it happened. Ironton was down somewhat at the time and that might be one reason they were voted in. It looks like someone in the OVC could see enough in the future and could see Ironton would not be down for too long. I guess I'm saying Ironton as a team/school is not the one to jump on. They are doing anything that is allowed to be a better team which every team has the same right to do what Ironton is doing. Someone has to be better at it and at this time it is Ironton. GO SEO FOOTBALL.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 pm Don't know everything that happened at the time, but Ironton was in the SEOAL and wanted to leave so didn't the OVC vote them in? Seems like if you are going to jump on someone it would be all the people that voted Ironton in. Ironton ask to join, and it happened. Ironton was down somewhat at the time and that might be one reason they were voted in. It looks like someone in the OVC could see enough in the future and could see Ironton would not be down for too long. I guess I'm saying Ironton as a team/school is not the one to jump on. They are doing anything that is allowed to be a better team which every team has the same right to do what Ironton is doing. Someone has to be better at it and at this time it is Ironton. GO SEO FOOTBALL.
Perfect response.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 pm Don't know everything that happened at the time, but Ironton was in the SEOAL and wanted to leave so didn't the OVC vote them in? Seems like if you are going to jump on someone it would be all the people that voted Ironton in. Ironton ask to join, and it happened. Ironton was down somewhat at the time and that might be one reason they were voted in. It looks like someone in the OVC could see enough in the future and could see Ironton would not be down for too long. I guess I'm saying Ironton as a team/school is not the one to jump on. They are doing anything that is allowed to be a better team which every team has the same right to do what Ironton is doing. Someone has to be better at it and at this time it is Ironton. GO SEO FOOTBALL.
Truth bomb right here. If I’m not mistaken, it takes an unanimous vote to accept a new member or to kick a member out of the leauge.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

OVC and SOC need to Merge. Ironton, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Fairland, Gallia , and Invite Jackson. That is a Pretty good Football Conference right there! Competitive Balance! Then start with the Next Level from there. It can be done, just AD's and principals need to understand it's the best for ALL SCHOOLS!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Re: WK10 OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Iron 45
Phs 19

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:14 am OVC and SOC need to Merge. Ironton, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Fairland, Gallia , and Invite Jackson. That is a Pretty good Football Conference right there! Competitive Balance! Then start with the Next Level from there. It can be done, just AD's and principals need to understand it's the best for ALL SCHOOLS!
Gallia and Fairland more than likely want no part of that league. Most years, they'd finish last and second to last in conference. Ironton, Burg, and Jackson are all significantly better programs at present and likely will be for the foreseeable future. Add in the fact that the HC at Burg has no desire to play GA (not at ALL for fear of competition, btw) and the HC at Jackson went on a tirade about never again playing at Memorial Field while he's the coach. Don't see it happening. If the SOC and OVC merge in some capacity, I'd rather see GA try for the TVC. More natural geographical rivals and similarly sized schools such as VC, RV, Meigs, Athens (all schools within a 45-60 min drive and all with some semblance of rivalry with GA.)

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:28 pm
frankie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:37 pm

The seo line of "local whiny ass about Ironton" programs forms to the right. 😂
And the ole' whiny Big butt Carlito returns with his well-thought out one-liners, folks! My goodness, what a scholar. I see our obsession about Southeastern Ohio is continuing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:14 am OVC and SOC need to Merge. Ironton, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Fairland, Gallia , and Invite Jackson. That is a Pretty good Football Conference right there! Competitive Balance! Then start with the Next Level from there. It can be done, just AD's and principals need to understand it's the best for ALL SCHOOLS!
Waverly, Fairland, Gallia wouldn't enter into this and if history tells you anything Jackson is very loyal to the leagues in which they enter into and I think they're very content with the FAC at the moment. So no not best for all schools

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironton didn't want the long drives of the SEOAL and you are correct after a few down years the OVC invited them. I'm guessing they invited them in because they thought they had hit the point where like most schools and their programs they had hit a point where the playing field was evened out just like Portsmouth when they entered. Do you really think that someone could see into the future and predict what Ironton has turned into?? Hell Ironton couldn't even have predicted what they would turn into, Pendleton has done a great job and the program is promoted amazingly. With that though even Ironton has to realize they've outgrown the OVC in terms of football if no one can see that or wants to believe it look no further than the scores and the influx of talent coming in each year. I mean just looking at 2021 CB numbers you'll see Ironton at 24, Fairland-Chesapeake-Rock Hill-Gallipolis-South Point have a combined 15 with Coal Grove at 14 and Portsmouth at 11. So the notion that you're putting it on the schools that bailed them out of the SEOAL and didn't force them to go independent is pretty funny. No one is in the wrong here it's just that all parties have to realize they've simply grown to far apart in football to continue in the same conference.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

According to Wikipedia, Ironton’s last year in the SEOAL was 2010. Jackson, Logan, and Warren were the last three remaining members in 2017. Gallia Academy left in 2016, Portsmouth in 2014,Athens in 2008.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:11 am
Ironton didn't want the long drives of the SEOAL and you are correct after a few down years the OVC invited them. I'm guessing they invited them in because they thought they had hit the point where like most schools and their programs they had hit a point where the playing field was evened out just like Portsmouth when they entered. Do you really think that someone could see into the future and predict what Ironton has turned into?? Hell Ironton couldn't even have predicted what they would turn into, Pendleton has done a great job and the program is promoted amazingly. With that though even Ironton has to realize they've outgrown the OVC in terms of football if no one can see that or wants to believe it look no further than the scores and the influx of talent coming in each year. I mean just looking at 2021 CB numbers you'll see Ironton at 24, Fairland-Chesapeake-Rock Hill-Gallipolis-South Point have a combined 15 with Coal Grove at 14 and Portsmouth at 11. So the notion that you're putting it on the schools that bailed them out of the SEOAL and didn't force them to go independent is pretty funny. No one is in the wrong here it's just that all parties have to realize they've simply grown to far apart in football to continue in the same conference.
wow :!:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ironton by a couple tds

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What year of the matchup had the biggest crowd? Just wondering

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:48 pm What year of the matchup had the biggest crowd? Just wondering

Probably the year they met in the playoffs at OU stadium in Athens! Early 2000’s I think

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

It’s not like ironton toasts every team in the conference. Do they dominate most.. yes.. but gallia almost beat them, fairland was down a touchdown going into the 4th. And they got Portsmouth coming up. It’s not like they beat every team by 40. They are dominating the conference, but there are other teams close. Burg isn’t always trying to get out of SOC and they dominate that a lot in the same way. I like ironton beings in the conference. Football is a lot better in the conference right now and I’m sure they have a lot to do with it. Teams have to step up.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

If IronTon weeks 1-7 show up, no ptoblemo.

If the hello not so mellow yellow flag bonanza troupe continues any longer, IHS will be playing roundball SOON!

Hoping im wrong!

GoTigersGo

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Jonjon wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:08 pm It’s not like ironton toasts every team in the conference. Do they dominate most.. yes.. but gallia almost beat them, fairland was down a touchdown going into the 4th. And they got Portsmouth coming up. It’s not like they beat every team by 40. They are dominating the conference, but there are other teams close. Burg isn’t always trying to get out of SOC and they dominate that a lot in the same way. I like ironton beings in the conference. Football is a lot better in the conference right now and I’m sure they have a lot to do with it. Teams have to step up.
Two or three schools disagree!

Return to “Football”