Waverly 27 - 48 Unioto 2022

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: WK3: 2-0 Unioto @ 2-0 Waverly

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Dundas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:21 pm If Unioto wins this one, they’re on their way to a 10-0 season.
In Lee Corso voice, Not so fast my friend.
Unioto is improved, playing well, and have scheduled this game for years. One game at a time. Paint Valley and Zane Trace will be tough. SVC is not looking too bad right now.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:21 pm If Unioto wins this one, they’re on their way to a 10-0 season.
In Lee Corso voice, Not so fast my friend.
Unioto is improved, playing well, and have scheduled this game for years. One game at a time. Paint Valley and Zane Trace will be tough. SVC is not looking too bad right now.
I don’t see anyone left on their schedule as good as Waverly. This is a road game as well. If the Tanks move to 3-0, they will go undefeated.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

That’s a bold statement considering the teams Unioto has beat so far. Let’s not over look that they still have PV & ZT on the schedule. They are improved but I don’t see 10-0 improved even if they beat Waverly.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:16 pm
That’s a bold statement considering the teams Unioto has beat so far. Let’s not over look that they still have PV & ZT on the schedule. They are improved but I don’t see 10-0 improved even if they beat Waverly.
Not saying they can't, just saying I need to see it happen to believe it. When was the last time Unioto won the SVC and got the gold ball in football?
They beat Waverly just a couple years ago at Waverly and then struggled in the league.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Unioto last won svc 1982
Tied in1998
Never went 10-0
We aren’t thinking about anything but doing our best next Friday
Teams like waverly, zt, and paint valley usually have us beat before the kickoff I just hope we continue to improve and stay healthy. This years tanks have been fun to watch for us fans.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

All pretty good posts so far with mentioning how both teams have done well to start this season. Both teams have athletes who can get the job done, but who will make fewer mistakes? Also a big matchup for computer points!

I will take Waverly in their home opener - good luck to both teams and to remain healthy

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This should be a really good game. And kuddos to the kids from waverly that took it personally about how down you would be since the graduating seniors were gone. Way to step up on the young season.

Helps waverly establish that rep they don’t rebuild. They reload type program.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:30 pm Unioto last won svc 1982
Tied in1998
Never went 10-0
Teams like waverly, zt, and paint valley usually have us beat before the kickoff I just hope we continue to improve and stay healthy. This years tanks have been fun to watch for us fans.
That's amazing that they haven't won the SVC outright since 1982!! :o I would have bet a lot of money on that not being true!! Good luck to both teams, but go Tigers!!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

bengals05 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Tied in1998
Never went 10-0
That's amazing that they haven't won the SVC outright since 1982!! :o I would have bet a lot of money on that not being true!! Good luck to both teams, but go Tigers!!
It's absolutely mind blowing really especially when you're the biggest school in the SVC. I actually thought the 1998 season they won it outright didn't realize they tied for that one, thinking it might have been with PV.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:52 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:22 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 pm Well after seeing a couple games of Unioto, Waverly is far and away the best team they will have faced. Unioto looks like they have some pieces, similar to Waverly, looks like they’ll keep getting better as the season rolls along. Unioto secondary comes up quick and attacks but they haven’t faced a passing team, both AC and VC were able to run straight ahead at Unioto. Felt they got into trouble when they tried to stretch Unioto out just to quick to the ball for that. Both teams need this one in a big way Waverly should come out pumped since it’s the 1st home game of the year. This one will probably come down to the end but I’ll go with Waverly by 1 score.
I’ve seen waverly in both games. Every time they pass is a win for us. There run game is very impressive. They will be heavy favorites, we just have to keep doing what we do and hope we stay healthy for svc. Idk if we can keep it close or not history says we get blown out. We need to keep going offensively if we stand a chance at all.
30 passes week one.
21 passes week two.
If the Tigers pass the ball 15 times or less that means the running game was very very successful and that will be a good thing. MAKE THE SHERMANS STOP THE RUN…
You going to remember how to announce the games? I know it's been a bit and we've only got 4 home games this year. I'm curious if we start expanding the passing game by using the running game a bit more PA, compared to the RPO or just dropping back. Right now, any type of PA is going to get everyone on defense to step forward and respect that first.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:11 pm
bengals05 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Tied in1998
Never went 10-0
It's absolutely mind blowing really especially when you're the biggest school in the SVC. I actually thought the 1998 season they won it outright didn't realize they tied for that one, thinking it might have been with PV.
Adena. Brian White gashed us in Week 4, but Piketon got them. I believe PV and Piketon finished at 5-2 each.

We’ve had an absurd amount of coaches before the last 10 years when we’ve gotten a little more consistency. Football has traditionally taken a backseat to the other Fall sports at Unioto where the boys tend to be very successful. It feels like it has turned around over the past decade. Will be difficult to replace this senior class with their depth of athletes and good players

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Much respect to Waverly for the hot start. Myself and others didn't give the tigers a chance in these early games mostly because of the youth of the team and some quality opponents. I know it wasn't a typical JM team, but that's a great football school.

My question is Hurd the only thing going? One trick pony or is other stuff gonna work? Can't help but start looking a head a few weeks to the matchup at West. He is a tough kid. We sure wish he could have stayed down here in Sider land.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am Much respect to Waverly for the hot start. Myself and others didn't give the tigers a chance in these early games mostly because of the youth of the team and some quality opponents. I know it wasn't a typical JM team, but that's a great football school.

My question is Hurd the only thing going? One trick pony or is other stuff gonna work? Can't help but start looking a head a few weeks to the matchup at West. He is a tough kid. We sure wish he could have stayed down here in Sider land.
There has been some movement Kelly at qb is improving each game, but it’s clear the Hurd has done the most damage. over 500 yards rushing in just 2 weeks

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am Much respect to Waverly for the hot start. Myself and others didn't give the tigers a chance in these early games mostly because of the youth of the team and some quality opponents. I know it wasn't a typical JM team, but that's a great football school.

Early on it's been a lot of Hurd obviously, against MT the young QB made some mistakes and made some dandy throws. Against JM we didn't necessarily really work the QB as much as the MT game. The amazing thing about this team we've been down 20 and we've been down 10 in each of our 1st 2 games in the 1st half and against MT we were down 11 with 4 minutes to go, and for a young team to come back and pull off the victory says a lot to the youth but the talent they possess as well. Personally, none of us are worried about West until week 6, we're only looking at Unioto and we want to keep improving week in and week out. The defense in each of the first 2 games have really locked things up in the 2nd half and they're working different personnel and I think the coaching staff is really starting to find what is working defensively as well against JM we held them to 6 points in the 2nd half. I think we've had 4 turnovers in game 1 and 2 in game 2 so we're just finding our way as we start to hit the meat of our schedule. As the season goes on, I think we'll have more and more players popping to the surface as they learn the system and become more comfortable.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Almost everyone is picking Waverly. Hoping Unioto can make it a game and maybe pull off the upset

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:59 am Almost everyone is picking Waverly. Hoping Unioto can make it a game and maybe pull off the upset
That’s the problem we haven’t been able to keep it close lol. First year we started playing was a one point game I believe.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 pm

Early on it's been a lot of Hurd obviously, against MT the young QB made some mistakes and made some dandy throws. Against JM we didn't necessarily really work the QB as much as the MT game. The amazing thing about this team we've been down 20 and we've been down 10 in each of our 1st 2 games in the 1st half and against MT we were down 11 with 4 minutes to go, and for a young team to come back and pull off the victory says a lot to the youth but the talent they possess as well. Personally, none of us are worried about West until week 6, we're only looking at Unioto and we want to keep improving week in and week out. The defense in each of the first 2 games have really locked things up in the 2nd half and they're working different personnel and I think the coaching staff is really starting to find what is working defensively as well against JM we held them to 6 points in the 2nd half. I think we've had 4 turnovers in game 1 and 2 in game 2 so we're just finding our way as we start to hit the meat of our schedule. As the season goes on, I think we'll have more and more players popping to the surface as they learn the system and become more comfortable.
Imagine if Hurd stayed at west? :shock:

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Rumor has it some 9th and 10th grade parents went in demanding there kids get a shot at varsity this week. Was very vocal at JV game last week for Waverly. I am not sure who if anyone on the defense they could replace.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:23 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:59 am Almost everyone is picking Waverly. Hoping Unioto can make it a game and maybe pull off the upset
That’s the problem we haven’t been able to keep it close lol. First year we started playing was a one point game I believe.

2015 Waverly 16 Unioto 13
2016 Waverly 33 Unioto 13
2017 Waverly 31 Unioto 17
2018 Waverly 37 Unioto 7
2019 Waverly 14 Unioto 41
2021 Waverly 47 Unioto 10

Waverly outscoring Unioto 178-101.
I like the Tigers by more than most come friday

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

allaboutsports wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:27 pm Rumor has it some 9th and 10th grade parents went in demanding there kids get a shot at varsity this week. Was very vocal at JV game last week for Waverly. I am not sure who if anyone on the defense they could replace.
Not sure there's anything to that at least from what I've heard, as far as the 9th graders go there's 1 already playing varsity and possibly 1 other who could get in there on special teams none of the rest are ready or would say anything. As far as the 10th graders go Waverly is already playing a pretty good amount of 10th graders as it stands now, think there's a couple kids that had a nice JV game against Piketon who's probably going to start seeing some time in order to be able to get some players some rest.

Return to “Football”