Ironton @ Coal Grove

TigerMania
JV Team

Re: Ironton @ Coal Grove

Post by TigerMania »

FBdog72 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 pm Can’t compare local transfers ever couple of years, to nationwide recruitment. Refuel with a new team ever year. I was at the game a couple Fridays ago and players parents had not learned all the kids names. Not comparable.
That’s true. I’m starting to wonder are we still even a high school team anymore?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I just checked and Ironton has 2 upper class man that wasn’t on last years roster. One is pretty well documented as his family has said they wanted to give him best shot to earn a scholarship and the other kid I found out is a foster kid. Everyone else was on the team last year. Maybe Pendelton and staff is very good at developing the kids physically so you guys all think they are new kids.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Glad to know your so in depth with the team. So how many new transfers have we had since Pendleton has been at Ironton?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:10 pm Glad to know your so in depth with the team. So how many new transfers have we had since Pendleton has been at Ironton?
Quite a few. How many did we have when Lutz was here and we were winning? The answer is a lot. Kids want to be apart of winning programs. When you have kids going D1 every year that tends to weigh heavy on parents that have kids that want that same opportunity.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Let’s not act like Ironton is the only place that gets them. Most of the successful programs around the state have their fair share of kids moving into the school. Massillon, Steubenville, Desales, Moeller. Those schools have kids move in by the boatloads.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Jermon Jackson, Jason Harmon, Roman Fry those kids weren’t born Ironton kids. This is how successful programs have remained successful for many years.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

You are so right. Thanks for the information. What’s your connection to the team though? Are you on the staff?

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironton with a running clock.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:29 pm You are so right. Thanks for the information. What’s your connection to the team though? Are you on the staff?
Nope. Just a loyal fan that’s been here through the ups and downs. What’s your connection? You seem to attack the school and program a lot. Curious with that screen name why you would want to do that.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:48 pm
TigerMania wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:29 pm You are so right. Thanks for the information. What’s your connection to the team though? Are you on the staff?
Nope. Just a loyal fan that’s been here through the ups and downs. What’s your connection? You seem to attack the school and program a lot. Curious with that screen name why you would want to do that.
Good question XandOs,

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:53 am
XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:48 pm
Good question XandOs,
I was also curious!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Just a fan like you as well. I will always root for the Tigers, but when something isn’t right I don’t care to ask or talk about it. Opinions are like butt holes we all have one. 😂
Go Tigers!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

We all don’t have to agree on here. And as long as we are not bad mouthing kids, we should all be able to handle it if we are adults.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:52 pm I just checked and Ironton has 2 upper class man that wasn’t on last years roster. One is pretty well documented as his family has said they wanted to give him best shot to earn a scholarship and the other kid I found out is a foster kid. Everyone else was on the team last year. Maybe Pendelton and staff is very good at developing the kids physically so you guys all think they are new kids.
Does upperclassmen just mean seniors?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Juniors and seniors

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

TigerMania wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 am Just a fan like you as well. I will always root for the Tigers, but when something isn’t right I don’t care to ask or talk about it. Opinions are like butt holes we all have one. 😂
Go Tigers!
It just seems like you have an agenda to push. During the Lutz years the town was 100% supportive. Then there was division during the Vass years. Now it seems as if you don’t want anyone to have the success that Lutz and staff had and you talk crap about a coach who brought us out our darkest days. We were a middle of the road OVC team just 4 years ago. Pendelton in 3 years has been to two state championships. Coach Lutz couldn’t even match his start to his career.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:52 pm I just checked and Ironton has 2 upper class man that wasn’t on last years roster. One is pretty well documented as his family has said they wanted to give him best shot to earn a scholarship and the other kid I found out is a foster kid. Everyone else was on the team last year. Maybe Pendelton and staff is very good at developing the kids physically so you guys all think they are new kids.
Three significant players came in last year as well. One from burg and two from somewhere down south I think. Couple that with the two that came this year and you have 5 starters that came in high school. That makes your team better right away. Now I think ironton is good team without them but they are difference makers. I’m sure valley would love to have their kid back. He’s pretty good. He single handily won the Jackson game at the end. If you don’t have him, does that play happen? Coaching is a lot easier when you have significant upgrades in your roster.

As far as this game, ironton cruises

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

All successful programs have their share of move ins and transfers. Anyone who says they don't better look again. Who has the most is a matter of opinion. I know I personally would like to have back the kids who have moved away and transfered out of Ironton and went and played other sports elsewhere.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 am
Three significant players came in last year as well. One from burg and two from somewhere down south I think. Couple that with the two that came this year and you have 5 starters that came in high school. That makes your team better right away. Now I think ironton is good team without them but they are difference makers. I’m sure valley would love to have their kid back. He’s pretty good. He single handily won the Jackson game at the end. If you don’t have him, does that play happen? Coaching is a lot easier when you have significant upgrades in your roster.

I understand what your saying. But to get to back to back state championships you have to be a very good coach. If Wheelersburg was winning like Ironton is and was sending kids to college all over the place could you imagine how many kids Wheelersburg would have had move in. Bottom line. Parents and kids want to be apart of something special. They see the new bus, the college offers, the product on the field, indoor training facility going up and they want to be apart of it. You know how it works. Burg has had transplants for years. Many of the kids on Burgs team family isn’t from Wheelersburg. They moved there because of the school, the area, and the programs. End of story.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:45 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 am

I understand what your saying. But to get to back to back state championships you have to be a very good coach. If Wheelersburg was winning like Ironton is and was sending kids to college all over the place could you imagine how many kids Wheelersburg would have had move in. Bottom line. Parents and kids want to be apart of something special. They see the new bus, the college offers, the product on the field, indoor training facility going up and they want to be apart of it. You know how it works. Burg has had transplants for years. Many of the kids on Burgs team family isn’t from Wheelersburg. They moved there because of the school, the area, and the programs. End of story.
Coal Grove will be stronger than the last three teams Ironton has played. The team who plays the best offense and defense while taking care of the football will win the game. I never pick a winner or a score. That's why they play the game to determine a winner. Best of luck to both teams on an injury free game.

Return to “Football”