Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by MrFirstTake »

If they clean up things from tonight it will be a great game

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Jackson appears to be out of the question, here.

Hamilton Township or, if they put in a bid(???), Groveport may both be in play. Gahanna could be Harvest Prep and Gahanna. Logan may be the best candidate, but did they bid and avail themselves to a week 13 game. Chillicothe may have put in a bid, but Lancaster seems to be a better choice compared to Chillicothe.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:00 pm This may be an unpopular opinion, but it may be Lancaster again. Where a team has played previously has no bearing on the neutrality of a site. Lancaster has the capacity to host this. Logan may also, but did Logan put in a bid to host for the postseason? Lancaster isn’t perfectly “in the middle”, as in it is not equidistant, but that’s not a requirement and it isn’t significantly closer to Ridgewood than it is for Ironton.
Yeah you are probably right but it sucks to pass 10 nicer, newer, stadiums with more parking on 4 lane highways to turn off onto some cowpath and freeze to watch a game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If Ironton has turnovers and penalties like some have been saying they had tonight they will not beat Ridgewood. I've seen Ironton and Amanda play different opponents this year and Amanda is improving but not even close to the teams they used to field. The Ridgewood team I watched for the first time tonight is not physically imposing just looking at them in uniform but they fly to the ball, wrap up, gang tackle , are fundamentally sound and didn't hurt themselves more than a couple times with penalties / turnovers . I don't know how many yards passing the qb had tonight but he reads very well and he's got quite a good accurate arm. This upcoming game should be a good one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

What about playing the game @ Teays Valley or Canal

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:00 pm This may be an unpopular opinion, but it may be Lancaster again. Where a team has played previously has no bearing on the neutrality of a site. Lancaster has the capacity to host this. Logan may also, but did Logan put in a bid to host for the postseason? Lancaster isn’t perfectly “in the middle”, as in it is not equidistant, but that’s not a requirement and it isn’t significantly closer to Ridgewood than it is for Ironton.
Yeah you are probably right but it sucks to pass 10 nicer, newer, stadiums with more parking on 4 lane highways to turn off onto some cowpath and freeze to watch a game.
Oh yeah. I agree. It matters to the fans attending. In a more perfect world, the OHSAA would give more consideration to quality of the hosting site as it concerns parking, way-finding and traffic control. What you’re saying is valid. Frankly I don’t think Teays Valley should ever be used, or at best it should be a last resort, as a neutral site for the exact reasons you mentioned. Went there Friday for Alder/Jackson: it was brutal. If you’re referring to Lancaster: I personally didn’t see what you’re describing, outside of parking, but then again I may be partial for several reasons. And with the parking: it wasn’t that there was a lack of available parking, as Lancaster had copious parking (and at least in the case of Chillicothe, considerably more parking.) But 95% of the people in attendance tonight at Lancaster were pretty unfamiliar with the area, the volunteers in charge of way-finding toward parking from my observation may have biffed up as they were steering attendees on sometimes complicated paths to lots that (I assume?) had filled up. But that shortcoming is a) relatively minor and b) fixable. I myself really had no problem parking, at all, especially for having gotten there five minutes until kickoff (in fact it was pretty easy - but again, I’m very familiar with the campus) and as a result I also had zero difficulty getting out of there. It took me two minutes to leave, and I found myself in the line of cars on the exit path toward State Route 37.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

The OHSAA could screw both teams and put this game in Zanesville

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Zanesville is really close to ridgewood compared to ironton I don’t think that screws us both

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Lancaster could host the Bloom Carroll-Licking Valley game

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:54 pm Ironton too physical.
I’ll take Ironton
I agree with physical part of ironton but ridgewood doesn’t lack in that part. Their offense reminds me of Kenton with mauk back in the day or cold water about three years ago. Defense is pretty good too. Ball control for ironton will be key.
Ironic you say that. 2 weeks ago when Portsmouth played Ridgewood I was telling people in the stands that this team looks like Kenton. I lived in Kenton during the Ben mauk days and I never seen a offense like that. I’m from Portsmouth where everyone ran every play lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 pm What about playing the game @ Teays Valley or Canal
Teays really is not a good site for this, I feel. It is a brilliant place to watch a regular season game. Playoffs it is brutal. The place is basically a large wind tunnel, it’s off the beaten path (and I’m an MSL guy) in a really dark area that entails some considerable travel on two-lane roads. I also don’t think they have the capacity. Was there for Alder/Jackson and I think Ridgewood/Ironton (which I expect to have possibly twice the crowd!) would be pushing it there. There were also some complaints about how they handled the pre-game and post-game parking, and I don’t know if that’s so much a fault of the volunteer corps or if the stadium’s lot pattern is less-than-adequate for playoff football.

Canal? Eh. I think that runs into some of the same issues being mentioned.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

My guess is the Ironton-Ridgewood game will be played somewhere in Columbus

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Or even Miami Trace

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:26 pm Lancaster could host the Bloom Carroll-Licking Valley game
A question is “are any of the Central Ohio schools willing to host back-to-back games?” BC-Licking Valley might be at Watkins Memorial, or Gahanna. Lancaster is really close for BC. Lancaster might also be a candidate to host Harvest Prep-Newark Catholic (that could also be Watkins) or the Groveport-Pick Central game the night before. Gahanna is also a possibility to host HP-NC or GM-PC.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:38 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:02 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm Ironton will be ready to go. Too much physicality.
Easy there ironton runs exactly what Woods defense is best at. Mathews 13 carries for 14 yards word on the street.

Ironton doesn’t feature a back like Matthews.

They’ve got a very diverse backfield comprised of about 5-very big backs that Have the ability to get it done!

Then there’s Salyers, the QB, who has completely lit up the scoreboard lately.

I know West Lafayette Ridgewood will be our biggest challenge, no doubt.

Next week is a clean slate & this tiger fan knows anything can and will happen!

We had nearly as many penalty yards as our opponent did in offensive yards in early 4th quarter and still got the W.
It was never really close & perhaps the best medicine Ironton could’ve asked for.

If we would’ve scored all the times we were on route to doing so, instead of fumbling, or racking up penalty miscue yards, it would’ve been a hideous running clock and the boys wouldn’t have had to push as hard or perhaps be a bit care free for preparation this week.

The messy play is either a blessing in disguise or not!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do your research.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Lancaster could get the Newark Catholic-Harvest Prep game

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 pm The OHSAA could screw both teams and put this game in Zanesville
Ridgewood area is about 35 miles from Zanesville. All they gotta do is hit 16 west and take a left on 60 South thru Tri-Valley area and the high school is on the North side. That's not gonna happen.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton will not win if they don’t clean up penalties and turnovers. Winning a game is rare with the mishaps the tigers had. But they did. They have to get to the Ridgewood qb to me that’s there offense. He gets time he will pick you apart or take off. Looking forward to this one.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

What about Paint Valley or Piketon?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 pm Lancaster could get the Newark Catholic-Harvest Prep game
They will probably play that one at Watkins Memorial if they want to host again. (Hartley-Granville played there Friday night).

Return to “Football”