SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:37 pm
P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 pm

That be roughly 420 post be alot lets see
Already 18 in an hour. I can see it.
Depends if jackson wants to talk trash or just their beating IMO...
:lol: Posts like that will bring them out.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Lol man im a wellston fan I do not getta see jackson lose.. haha i may make the trip down and watch this one

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

From what I saw tonite, I don't know a team that can stop this Burg offense. Still waiting for a team to even try to dbl Holden. If salyers has the time to throw, they will find an open receiver. Now can burg stop Jackson from running? That will be the test. I have to say, burgs front 4 are run stoppers and on definite passing downs can get to the qb. Very quick and very strong. Jackson will be a better game than BW. Wish I could be there. Gonna try to find some video of Jackson.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:59 pm Wheelersburg is obviously the heavy favorite against everyone they play until the playoffs. I figured they would beat Watterson, but I didn't expect them to drop 47 on them. So many weapons on offense, great defense, well-coached. The Burg is the real deal. One of their best teams ever, and quite possibly their most talented team in their storied history.

That said, Jackson has a solid team and they'll be playing at home. Burg has taken 4 out of 5 from them since the series resumed as a regular season game, so Jackson should be very motivated. It'll take a great effort from the Ironmen to pull off the upset, but that's why they play the games. Gotta find a way to cover Tanner Holden, pressure Salyers, and then make sure that all the other talented athletes don't beat you as well. The best way to do that is probably for Jackson to run the football, keep the clock moving, and control time of possession. Much easier said than done against the Burg defense though.

Whatever happens, it's a battle of unbeatens in the best stadium in SE Ohio. Luckily I'll be home in Jackson for the weekend and get to watch this one in person. Hope it's a classic!
I couldn't agree with u more. Jackson has probably the nicest complexs I've been to in a long time. Def the nicest in this area

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 pm

That be roughly 420 post be alot lets see
I don't like to trash talk with Jackson... haven't done it since 2014!! On another note I'm glad this one is at Jackson! Great stadium!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

seasick80 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 pm From what I saw tonite, I don't know a team that can stop this Burg offense. Still waiting for a team to even try to dbl Holden. If salyers has the time to throw, they will find an open receiver. Now can burg stop Jackson from running? That will be the test. I have to say, burgs front 4 are run stoppers and on definite passing downs can get to the qb. Very quick and very strong. Jackson will be a better game than BW. Wish I could be there. Gonna try to find some video of Jackson.
The line backers blow it up too. They don't care to get the tackle. I don't have any doubt this Burg team can stop the run.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 pm

I don't like to trash talk with Jackson... haven't done it since 2014!! On another note I'm glad this one is at Jackson! Great stadium!
Here we see a much calmer BG6. Very rare. :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Aye man. Gotta give credit where it is due. Jackson is a good team!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:54 pm Aye man. Gotta give credit where it is due. Jackson is a good team!
I agree with you there. It's just more fun to chop it up with these guys.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

the good thing burg gets massive playoff points with a win here

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hope i can make this trip. What a matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Should be a good one, i can remember no one giving jackson a chance in 2014 or 2015 cant remember, jackson shut Wheelersburg completely down, in every aspect of the game on their home turf. Jackson without a doubt is way better than Bishop Watterson. Should be a packed house and great game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 pm
seasick80 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 pm From what I saw tonite, I don't know a team that can stop this Burg offense. Still waiting for a team to even try to dbl Holden. If salyers has the time to throw, they will find an open receiver. Now can burg stop Jackson from running? That will be the test. I have to say, burgs front 4 are run stoppers and on definite passing downs can get to the qb. Very quick and very strong. Jackson will be a better game than BW. Wish I could be there. Gonna try to find some video of Jackson.
The line backers blow it up too. They don't care to get the tackle. I don't have any doubt this Burg team can stop the run.
Agree pirate. Was gonna let someone else give the backers credit. Give donini and keeney some love too. They keep the edges very well!! I hope I spelled their names right

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 am
P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 pm
Agree pirate. Was gonna let someone else give the backers credit. Give donini and keeney some love too. They keep the edges very well!! I hope I spelled their names right
:lol: Yes they do. This defense is solid at every position. It is really hard to just point out 1 or 2 kids. They sub with little to no fall off. This group epitomizes what TEAM is. They are selfless yet leave it all on the field for their brother next to them. Not one wants the glory. They want to share it. That, I think, we all can learn from. These kids are special.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

24sevenfootball wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am Should be a good one, i can remember no one giving jackson a chance in 2014 or 2015 cant remember, jackson shut Wheelersburg completely down, in every aspect of the game on their home turf. Jackson without a doubt is way better than Bishop Watterson. Should be a packed house and great game.
It was 2014. That was burgs last regular season loss

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Go Burg! Put a running clock on them Northerners!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:55 am Go Burg! Put a running clock on them Northerners!
A little north and a little east. :lol: But southerner to you all the same. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burg by 13

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Salyers and Holden are dominating. Burg is on a roll. Big playoff points on the line. Burg wins on their way to an another undefeated regular season.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

in all reality jacksons run game and time eating will make burg score the fewest points they have all year

Return to “Football”