Vinton County(21) @ (28)Meigs

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC-Ohio WK4 (1-2) Vinton County @ (1-2) Meigs

Post by Orange and Brown »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm Helton and Mattox will be back for this game, should help Meigs tremendously.
That's great news for Meigs and both those young men.
Hope everyone can stay healthy the rest of the season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm Helton and Mattox will be back for this game, should help Meigs tremendously.
That's great news for Meigs and both those young men.
Hope everyone can stay healthy the rest of the season.
I wish they were, but still a few weeks out...uuugh

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Meigs has a huge coaching advantage in this one. Bartrum is one of the best in southeast Ohio. He's also a very good man with high principals.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm Meigs has a huge coaching advantage in this one. Bartrum is one of the best in southeast Ohio. He's also a very good man with high principals.
Yes. A man of faith also.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm Meigs has a huge coaching advantage in this one. Bartrum is one of the best in southeast Ohio. He's also a very good man with high principals.
Can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but Coach Downs is no slouch in the coaching department. In fact, he is a very good one.

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

What has Coach Bartrum done at Meigs since he took over that is so special? Sure, he is a good man and was a great player. I just don't see what he's done since he started coaching that is so great. I respect him but I would give VC the coaching advantage here. I hope your being sarcastic :lol:

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

You are joking!!!!!!!

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

SEOP12 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:07 pm
What has Coach Bartrum done at Meigs since he took over that is so special? Sure, he is a good man and was a great player. I just don't see what he's done since he started coaching that is so great. I respect him but I would give VC the coaching advantage here. I hope your being sarcastic :lol:
He goes out on the field and cries to the refs

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

What Bartrum has done for the Meigs community can't be measured in wins and losses. He's a great man who has morals above reproach.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:15 pm What Bartrum has done for the Meigs community can't be measured in wins and losses. He's a great man who has morals above reproach.
But you measure the football team by win and losses

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:15 pm What Bartrum has done for the Meigs community can't be measured in wins and losses. He's a great man who has morals above reproach.
His efforts in the community, especially with the Meigs Local Enrichment Foundation are definitely something to be recognized. That nice new facility wouldn't be there without him, that's for sure.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Sounds like this one was a dandy by the way!

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:39 pm
His efforts in the community, especially with the Meigs Local Enrichment Foundation are definitely something to be recognized. That nice new facility wouldn't be there without him, that's for sure.
Other then that WHAT

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

george wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 pm
Other then that WHAT
I'd say discuss the game instead of trying to keep talking trash.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Other then that WHAT
Honestly, that was huge for the community. A .500 record is nothing special I understand and honestly most probably expected much better at this point, but you can't argue that he's been a good role model for many young man and a doer in his community.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I also don't know if any other team around has been more unlucky with injuries the last few years.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Other then that WHAT
I'd say discuss the game instead of trying to keep talking trash.
That coming from you!!!!!!! WOW

Carl Spackler
Riding the Bench

Post by Carl Spackler »

I agree he has done a lot for his community! However, I am baffled how the board allows hm to violate the separation of church and state laws. Kiddos to the local church for feeding the kids before each game but as a community member I am concerned about the devotional that follows. He was hired to coach not preach. There was a coach in upper Ohio who was fired for doing the Lord's Prayer. And he goes through coaches like socks because they're not "Christian" enough for him
Last edited by Carl Spackler on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Carl Spackler wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 am I agree he has done a lot for his community! However, I am baffled how the board allows hm to violate the separation of church and state laws. Kiddos to the local church for feeding the kids before each game but as a community member I am concerned about the devotional that follows. He was hired to coach not preach. There was a coach in upper Ohio. Who was fired for doing the Lord's Prayer. And he goes through coaches like socks because they're not "Christian" enough for him
The only thing he has done is the stadium which should have been there 50 years ago. As a commissioner NOTHING !!!!! AS for the board,election is coming up and we need to get at least one of them out She pushed for not renewing the basketball coach contract because her son didn't play enough

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Other then that WHAT
He played in the NFL. To some, that means he is "one of the best coaches if not the best in Southern Ohio." :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”