Chesapeake(21) @ (34)Gallia Academy

Ohiosportsfan
Waterboy

Re: WK4 OVC (3-0) Chesapeake @ (1-2) Gallia Academy

Post by Ohiosportsfan »

Peake hasn't played anybody to even give them a challenge yet this year so until then i can't say they are the best in the league. I honestly have to give it to the Dragons as of right now. Beating Ironton at Tanks is a tough task. We'll see where they stand this Friday when they host the tigers of Waverly
This week won't be any different I don't believe. Gallia hasn't beaten anyone yet. They got beat by a sub par Meigs team. They beat an unproven RV team and Jackson was trying out a new offense on them. I. Pups be completely wrong, but until Gallia cranks off a few wins, other than a bunch of hype, I'm not a believer.

Any news on Peake's QB this week? Prayers for a speedy recovery.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Peake hasn't played anybody. Listen Oak Hill is no scrub they have a good line and nice tailback. Peake beat them 28-21. It was a good game and both teams played well. Not sure on the Peake QB. Again this game can be heard on Cat Sports 93.3 fm and 1340 am, it will now be streaming live online CATSports933.com

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ohiosportsfan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:59 pm
Peake hasn't played anybody to even give them a challenge yet this year so until then i can't say they are the best in the league. I honestly have to give it to the Dragons as of right now. Beating Ironton at Tanks is a tough task. We'll see where they stand this Friday when they host the tigers of Waverly
This week won't be any different I don't believe. Gallia hasn't beaten anyone yet. They got beat by a sub par Meigs team. They beat an unproven RV team and Jackson was trying out a new offense on them. I. Pups be completely wrong, but until Gallia cranks off a few wins, other than a bunch of hype, I'm not a believer.

Any news on Peake's QB this week? Prayers for a speedy recovery.
I don't know about a new offense. The first drive Gallia tried to put 9 in box so they passed. Then they ran wildcat. Because what they had saw on film. Of Gallia not handling it that well. Besides that looked just like the game film.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

No one in this conference has beaten anyone that we know is good. Chesapeake has beaten every team they have faced and those schools have managed to beat other schools. That is about all we have to go on.

Gallia is a much better team then a year ago. But that doesn't mean they will win more then 2 or 3 games. Because they were not even competitive a year ago. When you were that bad they can improve 4 touchdowns a game and only win. 2 games.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Does Gallia still play at Memorial Field downtown?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Yes

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good Luck GA !

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 am what do you think?
Gallipolis has had trouble scoring! They won't score 2 TD this week and their offense is too 1 player oriented. Not impressed at all with the physicality of this team like some state, Jackson kicked them around! Meigs beat them with a 3rd string Qb. Chesapeake wins 28-6

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think tonight we begin to find out who gallia academy is and where they are at. A win tonight would mean a lot and a mean that they have a chance to be a contender this year in OVC. I think that would be asking way to much but hoping for it. A Chesapeake win by 14 points or less would mean this team has improved a quite a bit. But still has quite a way to go. a Chesapeake win by 15-28 means this team has only improved a little bit but is improved but not nearly as much as a lot of think. If Chesapeake totally eliminates them and we end up with a running clock tonight. Means the improvement has just all been in our head. And honestly i dont know where on that path we are at. Tonight won't answer all the questions but a lot hoping for best.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

looks like the blue won

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue Devils played great Chesapeake too many mistakes and don't think Chesapeake QB was 100%. Wish the panthers good luck the rest of way.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

bevo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:49 pm
svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 am what do you think?
Gallipolis has had trouble scoring! They won't score 2 TD this week and their offense is too 1 player oriented. Not impressed at all with the physicality of this team like some state, Jackson kicked them around! Meigs beat them with a 3rd string Qb. Chesapeake wins 28-6
Bevo, would you like that crow with fries and slaw? :shock: :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Do the haters know who the Blue Devils are now? This is not the soft finesse team of four years past. Attitude is the number one thing a program usually needs to really change in order to improve. I've been saying it since summer, the winds of change are blowing in Gallipolis.
svac, the QB was fine, he just got hit early and often. He. could not read the defense very well. Kept way too many options when the sweep was there if he would've given it. This game was not even as close as the score indicate. Are you guys paying attention yet?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Our Panthers got pushed around! #7,#4 and #6 for Gallia are all nice players! Gongrats Devils you had more effort and heart! And less mistakes!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Good win GA

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils were very well prepared, on both sides of the ball. Controlled the line of scrimmage.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Gallia. The future is looking good.
Portsmouth
Gallia
Ironton

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree, very good win for Gallia.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 pm Do the haters know who the Blue Devils are now? This is not the soft finesse team of four years past. Attitude is the number one thing a program usually needs to really change in order to improve. I've been saying it since summer, the winds of change are blowing in Gallipolis.
svac, the QB was fine, he just got hit early and often. He. could not read the defense very well. Kept way too many options when the sweep was there if he would've given it. This game was not even as close as the score indicate. Are you guys paying attention yet?
You say the QB was fine i don't know kid but on film he is a much better passer then he showed last night not being able to stretch field really hurt them.
look I love the blue devils and have felt all summer this team was coming around. I feel this game was a ton closer then the score Chesapeake played very poorly compared to how well they can play. I like to think the blue devils would of still won and that is why they play game. Chesapeake lives on big play there penalties and mistakes made them more easily to defend. i mean after kid was short on 3 passes they didn't even call pass plays on third and 10 or more.

key to this game was blue devils finished drives i said early in week they needed to finish 4 to have a chance and they got 5. I was not surprised by line play Chesapeake never plays super physical. i really thought 2 big plays of game was when Mccellend through the INT on the screen play then made the great tackle to stop the pick 6. then the long run from scrimmage by him after chesapeake had the big drive to open the second half.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Congradulations to my friends in the French City, should be fun to renew our battles this Friday night. Go Trojans

Return to “Football”