2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Congrats and good luck coach..
While I would have preferred someone with some HC experience, I think the hard-nosed discipline that we haven't seen for a while will be back ..

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I made a post once on the other thread....very early in the 40+pages.......it had in it about kicking the tigers while down.......cause they wont be there forever.........well......I say it again.......you don't play at the places this person has played and be accustomed to loosing.........give em some time and I would suggest to the players , the coaches, the other kids in the school thinkin about playing, the community, the fans, the parents, the ad min, boosters, ALL OF YOU to rally behind this move.....put your heart n soul into it.........be positive......work hard........and good things will come back to tank stadium......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Tiger fans- I can promise you the cramping days are done. The conditioning level of our athletes will on a collegiate level. I’ve seen this guy in the weight room and it’s a sight to see. Kids will once again be going to colleges all over the country because they will be physically and mentally prepared. I think it would be great for the community to get a glimpse of what I’m talking about. What a day for Ironton. I’m hearing that he will be taking over the weight room and meeting with the kids today.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am He will win, because that’s what winners do. The rivalry with Wheelersburg is getting ready to be restored. I think the Burg faithful know it too.
Sorry, but you've got a long way to go before you can start saying that. Just because most coaches didn't play division 1 football doesn't mean they don't still have a tremendous coaching advantage over someone with such inexperience coaching, although I'm sure he will be fine in the long run. And Ironton won't just magically have the horses to run with the powerhouse that is Wheelersburg right away.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

the way the administration and fans ate one of their own here is disgusting. Vass deserved better!!! I hate to see how ugly the end of this next regime will be!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Why do people invest so much in a coach to completely turn around a program when it takes players too?

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Need to slow down , you guys wanted to hang Vass up by his toe Nails now putting this kid on a pedestal, that’s not gonna help anything we lost our entire line due to graduation and 2 transferred , and a really good high school linebacker whether u like his dad or not the kid is pretty good so let’s just look for sound fundamentals and hard nose football this year and build a program back

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am Why do people invest so much in a coach to completely turn around a program when it takes players too?
The coach has to know what he can and can not do with the Jimmy and Johnny's he has on the team. You can have tremendous players all over the field but if in the wrong position your still going to lose.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Congrats Trevon! I'm sure Ironton is going to have some new fans from the West Side.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am Why do people invest so much in a coach to completely turn around a program when it takes players too?
The coach has to know what he can and can not do with the Jimmy and Johnny's he has on the team. You can have tremendous players all over the field but if in the wrong position your still going to lose.
Yeah I get that, but Jimmy and Johnny only have so much ability and have to execute.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think it goes both ways. Jimmy and Johnny need to have skill/ability to execute. Also, like Tartan said, the coach need to be able to put them in the right situations to be successful. Even with the best coach in the world, and the kids are put in the right positions to make the play, doesn't mean the kids will always make the play, the need skill/ability as well. Returning ironton football to a respectful program isn't going to happen over night. But I do think Coach Pendleton and his staff will create a positive environment for the kids and community. The kids will play hard and will be conditioned. He will put the players in positions to be successful. it may take a few years for the athletes to develop, but give it a chance.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

transplant wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:43 am I think it goes both ways. Jimmy and Johnny need to have skill/ability to execute. Also, like Tartan said, the coach need to be able to put them in the right situations to be successful. Even with the best coach in the world, and the kids are put in the right positions to make the play, doesn't mean the kids will always make the play, the need skill/ability as well. Returning ironton football to a respectful program isn't going to happen over night. But I do think Coach Pendleton and his staff will create a positive environment for the kids and community. The kids will play hard and will be conditioned. He will put the players in positions to be successful. it may take a few years for the athletes to develop, but give it a chance.
I agree. Fans need to not look for instant glory days. They need to see a different look to the team. That will go a long way, especially in pre game. My only concern is I doubt he picks up and moves to ironton for longevity. This may be a resume builder.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

4th and iches wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am
Clovis wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 am
4th and iches wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 am It’s time to move forward snd get behind our new coach and stop worrying about what happened last year , last month or even last week . I hope the kids who are leaving the best but I do hope if they are leaving to do so now don’t linger around and causes any issues in class or locker room , I know they are having issues with one particular player on the baseball team and maybe thats bc he’s leaving his dad has been in contact with about every school/ coach in the tri state again I don’t blame them I wish them well, just don’t want any negative stuff going on before the coach has a chance
New post same lies! Guess you need to try and get you kid in the mix lol! You will be revealed for long.

Oh no don’t reveal me !!!!! My kids are already in the mix of life long gone graduated . I’ll give you the same opportunity I gave another person i will be more than glad to tell u who I am , just PM me
So who is he? Who is this fine upstanding person? Did he reveal himself? Did the person bashing a kid, who obviously has no clue about anything, reveal himself? I’d love to know. Is he Game Day?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I have a sneaky suspicion there are some women in this forum

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:02 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Hahahahahaha
Thanks, I haven't laughed like that in a while!
Considering they play in the OVC, they could easily finish 7-3 and make the playoffs. Not sure why you think that is such a humorous statement.
4-6 last year could easily turn into 7-3 with the right coaching staff and attitude.

Congrats to Trevon. I am sure he will make improvements in the next few seasons that Ironton desperately needs.

And you wonder why people dont like the mouthers from Burg....... :o
You rip the burg fan while undermining every team in the OVC, including Coal Grove who just finished a deep playoff run. The OVC has a few teams that can play. I have no idea what they will do but with the coach just being hired, and kids leaving, I would also find it hard to believe they can make the playoffs next year.
He was being an @sshat and I dont care where he is from. Why grown @ss adults think its entertaining to come onto a high school sports forum and downgrade players and a coach that is just getting his feet wet is beyond me. Probably people who never even played sports in high school and beyond to top it off.

And that wasnt a ripping snowflake lol. I asked him what was humorous going from 4-6 to 7-3, especially in the OVC.

If you want to bring up the OVC, they have factually been much less of competition than the SOC II in the past 10 years. That goes for head to head match ups, playoff wins and playoff appearances. Sure they have some teams that can play and have good years. But overall they are weaker than the SOC and thats the facts jack.

2017-

CG 9-1 regular season
SP 2-8
GA 5-5
Portsmouth 5-5
Fairland 6-4
Rock Hill 4-6
Chesapeake 4-6

Fairland 0-3 vs SOC II
RH was 1-2 vs SOC I and II (Only beat NW)
Portsmouth 1-1 (beat a very sub par Valley team)

Id say Trevon has a very good path to make the playoffs this season through playing in the OVC.

Anymore comments about this Wobycat? I would love to hear your non factual based comments some more.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

If you want to talk negatively, please use the other thread. I didn't start this thread for negativity, it's time to get behind the new Coach, his Staff and the kids that are going to be the Ironton Fighting Tigers. You can either support them on this thread or go to the other thread and complain all you want.

Thank you!!!

GO TIGERS.........

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Staying positive !!!
Way to go ohbuckeye !!!
You got some Irish in you ☘️😃

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 am If you want to talk negatively, please use the other thread. I didn't start this thread for negativity, it's time to get behind the new Coach, his Staff and the kids that are going to be the Ironton Fighting Tigers. You can either support them on this thread or go to the other thread and complain all you want.

Thank you!!!

GO TIGERS.........
MY FONTS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:02 am

Considering they play in the OVC, they could easily finish 7-3 and make the playoffs. Not sure why you think that is such a humorous statement.
4-6 last year could easily turn into 7-3 with the right coaching staff and attitude.

Congrats to Trevon. I am sure he will make improvements in the next few seasons that Ironton desperately needs.

And you wonder why people dont like the mouthers from Burg....... :o
You rip the burg fan while undermining every team in the OVC, including Coal Grove who just finished a deep playoff run. The OVC has a few teams that can play. I have no idea what they will do but with the coach just being hired, and kids leaving, I would also find it hard to believe they can make the playoffs next year.
He was being an @sshat and I dont care where he is from. Why grown @ss adults think its entertaining to come onto a high school sports forum and downgrade players and a coach that is just getting his feet wet is beyond me. Probably people who never even played sports in high school and beyond to top it off.

And that wasnt a ripping snowflake lol. I asked him what was humorous going from 4-6 to 7-3, especially in the OVC.

If you want to bring up the OVC, they have factually been much less of competition than the SOC II in the past 10 years. That goes for head to head match ups, playoff wins and playoff appearances. Sure they have some teams that can play and have good years. But overall they are weaker than the SOC and thats the facts jack.

2017-

CG 9-1 regular season
SP 2-8
GA 5-5
Portsmouth 5-5
Fairland 6-4
Rock Hill 4-6
Chesapeake 4-6

Fairland 0-3 vs SOC II

Id say Trevon has a very good path to make the playoffs this season through playing in the OVC.

Anymore comments about this Wobycat? I would love to hear your non factual based comments some more.
Huh? Ironton was third in the conference last year dumbo. With people leaving, and a new implementation of offense and defense, way late in the game, you’re statement is weak and holds no merit, but you pulled a pot shot at the burg poster who simply laughed at the notion. I like the hire but I’m not going to bet he’s simply going to make the playoffs because he’s knowledgeable of the game and is enthusiastic. Most every staff in high school has coaches that played in college.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am

2017-

CG 9-1 regular season
SP 2-8
GA 5-5
Portsmouth 5-5
Fairland 6-4
Rock Hill 4-6
Chesapeake 4-6

Fairland 0-3 vs SOC II

Huh? Ironton was third in the conference last year dumbo. With people leaving, and a new implementation of offense and defense, way late in the game, you’re statement is weak and holds no merit, but you pulled a pot shot at the burg poster who simply laughed at the notion. I like the hire but I’m not going to bet he’s simply going to make the playoffs because he’s knowledgeable of the game and is enthusiastic. Most every staff in high school has coaches that played in college.
Resorting to name calling now eh? Classy. Pot shot? Laughable.

Return to “Football”