Teams who's home field that isn't at the high school?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Teams who's home field that isn't at the high school?

Post by Steely Dan »

Monroe Central plays their games at Monroe Memorial Park in Woodsfield. Beautiful field and a great venue for a high school football game.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 pm I know of
Lancaster Fisher Catholic. They play at the Lancaster Gals home field.

Chillicothe can't remember the name of the place they play, but its not at the high school.
For some reason, I thought I heard that Chilli had built a new stadium on Yoctangee Pkwy near the HS? Not sure where I got that idea. The stadium looks like it's still on Arch St - but wait, did they tear down the old high school/junior high building next to it? AAAUUURRGGHHH! I loved the atmosphere of that place.

I remember Hamilton Township playing Fisher Catholic 35 years ago in the old Mid State League version, and going to Lancaster's field to watch the game.

Bishop Watterson (Columbus) still plays their home games at the old North High School, now the North Adult Education Center. Another one of those classic old buildings from the 1930's, and the home bleachers are attached to the back of the high school building. I think the restrooms underneath are the original fixtures from 1930's also!

Many years ago, the now-defunct Wehrle high school in Columbus played their home games at Hamilton Township on Saturday evenings.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 pm I know of
Lancaster Fisher Catholic. They play at the Lancaster Gals home field.
Newark Catholic plays at White Field.
Newark same as Newark Catholic.
Chillicothe can't remember the name of the place they play, but its not at the high school.
I know a few teams from Canton play their home games at Tom Benson Stadium. On the grounds or right close to Canton McKinley high school.
Bellaire plays at Nelson Field. Not sure how close that is to the high school.
Danville- Plays at a Park in Danville.
Caldwell. Unless things has change since way back when they hosted Newark Catholic, plays at the fairgrounds.
Malvern-I believe they still play at a Park in Malvern. Have not been there since the year before they got lights.
Bellaire H S is six blocks north of Nelson Field, less then a half mile.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thanks.

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

Chlllicothe's new field is at the corner of Stacey and Arch (I think) not far from their old field and it looks nice. Minford's field is closer
to an intermediate building but still on their campus. Ashland (KY) Paul Blazer is not at HS but an elementary school or at least it was.
People have mentioned Wellston, Court House. Waverly, East and Burg. Can't think of anybody else right now.

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

In Ross County, Huntington, Adena and Chillicothe.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

When I was in high school my senior year we played at Trimble, got dressed in the locker room and walked a good bit to get to the field. Even crossed a little small bridge on the path lol

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

rechair you are correct most of Huntington's outdoor sports at the Shoemaker complex. I forgot about that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Matt77 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:24 pm When I was in high school my senior year we played at Trimble, got dressed in the locker room and walked a good bit to get to the field. Even crossed a little small bridge on the path lol
Have to join the cross country team to get from the field to the locker rooms at Warren.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”