SVC Expansion

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: SVC Expansion

Post by G.W.A. »

If your gona add 2 bigs. Why not make Chillicothe one of them?

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

G.W.A. wrote:If your gona add 2 bigs. Why not make Chillicothe one of them?
Because Unioto wants no part of Chillicothe. They prefer playing against schools that are poorer, more rural, and half their size.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Sid Farkus wrote:
Because Unioto wants no part of Chillicothe. They prefer playing against schools that are poorer, more rural, and half their size.
I would have no problem with Chillicothe joining the SVC, but remember I am one of the few on here that realize there is more to high school sports then football and boys basketball. 

With out a doubt Chillicothe would dominate the SVC in Football and Boys Basketball but when we look at the other sports the SVC would be pretty balanced if the Cavs would join our league. In volleyball this year the lady Cavs lost to the SVC's fourth place Lady Sherman's. I can't remember the last time the Lady Cavs have bested an SVC opponent in basketball and the Cavs have yet to beat an SVC team this year in softball. Unioto and CHS girls split this season in soccer and the U won on the boys side. Baseball wise it's always a good matchup when the Cavs play an SVC team. And we need not look to look any further then last week to see how the Cavs track teams stack up against the U's.

Again I have no problem with the Cavs joining the SVC, but why would I have a problem with a school that is 120 students larger then the U beating us in football when I have become accustomed to schools that is 120 students smaller then us doing the same?

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Waverly and Vinton Co would be the best choices if they truly want to expand. No way could i see Chilli a part of this league. I loved the atmosphere of this league and i hope they keep it intact.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

How about adding Wellston and Oak Hill from Jackson County.

School.........Boys........Girls
BIG
Unioto.........241.........249
Westfall.......185.........207
Zane Trace....191.........200
Piketon........179.........192
Wellston......188.........192

SMALL
Adena.........155..........153
Huntington....153.........138
Southeastern..149.........144
Paint Valley....132.........123
Oak Hill........160.........156

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Here is the break downs of SVC league champions for the past 4 years:

Golf
08/09 Huntington
09/10 Unioto
10/11 Unioto
11/12 Unioto

Boys Cross Country
08/09 Unioto
09/10 Unioto
10/11 Unioto
11/12 Unioto

Girls Cross Country
08/09 Zane Trace
09/10 Unioto
10/11 Zane Trace
11/12 Zane Trace

Football
08/09 Westfall
09/10 Zane Trace
10/11 Adena
11/12 Westfall

Volleyball
08/09 Adena
09/10 Adena
10/11 Adena
11/12 Adena

Girls Basketball
08/09 Unioto
09/10 Unioto
10/11 Unioto
11/12 Adena

Boys Basketball
08/09 Westfall/Piketon
09/10 Zane Trace
10/11 Piketon
11/12 Unioto/Piketon

Baseball
08/09 Adena
09/10 Westfall
10/11 Adena
11/12 ( Adena is out in front)

Softball
08/09 Adena
09/10 Piketon
10/11 Adena
11/12 (Unioto and Zane Trace are out in Front)

Boys Track
08/09 Unioto
09/10 Unioto
10/11 Unioto
11/12 ?

Girls Track
08/09 Zane Trace
09/10 Zane Trace
10/11 Zane Trace
11/12

SVC titles over past four seasons
Unioto 15
Adena 9
Zane Trace 8
Westfall 4
Piketon 4
Huntington 1

Take out cross country and golf, sports in which not all of the SVC schools field teams
Unioto drops to 7 league titles Zane Trace drops to 5 and Huntington would have 0

I do not know when SouthEastern or Paintvalley last won SVC Titles.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The SVC needs to expand like I need a new hole in my head! lol Change for the sake of change is never good for a league. The SVC is competitive in nearly every sport top to bottom. Yes Adena vball and unioto cc and track dominate, but the teams right behind them are improving. Piketon CC and Track in boys is making big strides to catch up.

Jerry Newman
Waterboy

Post by Jerry Newman »

The SVC could add Eastern and Western to the small side and take care of football by having Manchester and Fayetteville play in the small side league for football. Being in the SHL, Manchester and Fayetteville have no league to play in for football. They could play in the SVC in football only. Travel would be far, but it would only be 2 or 3 games a year for each team and it would be on Friday nights. I'm sure Manchester and Fayetteville would love to have a league to play in for football. The location of Eastern and Western would be great for all the other sports.

Smalls
Adena
Huntington
Paint Valley
Southeastern
Eastern (no football)
Western (no football)
Manchester (football only)
Fayetteville (football only)

Bigs
Unioto
Westfall
Zane Trace
Piketon
Waverly
Vinton County or McClain or Logan Elm

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

eagles73 wrote:The SVC needs to expand like I need a new hole in my head! lol Change for the sake of change is never good for a league. The SVC is competitive in nearly every sport top to bottom. Yes Adena vball and unioto cc and track dominate, but the teams right behind them are improving. Piketon CC and Track in boys is making big strides to catch up.
Eagles the ol'10to'er is with ya on this one.

I know I'm the first to bring up the oven, 
complained about the Pit back in the day,
South Easterns extra $20 they use to pay the refs,
Paint Valley not allowing popcorn in the gym,
The 2 shades of blue not having the orange 1st base bag,
Never really had much trouble with the township folks
They used our football field for home games before the
Shoemaker Athletic Complex was built.
 I guess birds of a feather.
As for the Northern folks at Westfall I never really understood why they are with us,
but like my Uncle's Willie's wife,
they have never left so there must be something big they like about southern Ohio boys :122246

My vote goes to leave the SVC and it's rich history alone.

Besides I feel This talk has more to do with geographical Convenience for other schools then the perceived un-balance of our league.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

Jerry Newman wrote:The SVC could add Eastern and Western to the small side and take care of football by having Manchester and Fayetteville play in the small side league for football. Being in the SHL, Manchester and Fayetteville have no league to play in for football. They could play in the SVC in football only. Travel would be far, but it would only be 2 or 3 games a year for each team and it would be on Friday nights. I'm sure Manchester and Fayetteville would love to have a league to play in for football. The location of Eastern and Western would be great for all the other sports.

Smalls
Adena
Huntington
Paint Valley
Southeastern
Eastern (no football)
Western (no football)
Manchester (football only)
Fayetteville (football only)

Bigs
Unioto
Westfall
Zane Trace
Piketon
Waverly
Vinton County or McClain or Logan Elm
This isn't a bad idea. If they went this route numbers would look like this.
School.........Boys........Girls
BIG
Unioto.........241.........249
Westfall.......185.........207
Zane Trace....191.........200
Piketon........179.........192
Vinton County..271.......263
Greenfield.....258........226
Logan Elm.....269........285

SMALL
Adena.........155..........153
Huntington....153.........138
Southeastern..149.........144
Paint Valley....132.........123
Eastern.........90..........76
Western.......92...........69
Fayetteville...114..........132
Manchester....90..........100

Jerry Newman
Waterboy

Post by Jerry Newman »

Isn't Eastern getting football now? This would be perfect for the SVC. Add Waverly to the big half and Eastern to the small half.

Riverhog
Waterboy

Post by Riverhog »

Sid Farkus wrote:
Sid really!?!?!? How about leaving the trash talk out of an informative conversation. The two schools have played or scrimmaged each other for years. At all levels. If you want to trash talk, then why did Chilly leave the OCC? Can't play with the big rich schools? And hate to break your bubble but the SCOL isn't much bigger than the SVC. Quite a few of those schools are poor, rural schools. Have fun with Clinton-Massie in football! They are just a small rural D4 school.

Now if you want to have legitamite discussion, I would like to see Chilly in the SVC. As well as Wavery. After that pick two other schools max, either Unioto/Chilly size, or smaller like Pike Eastern/ Weatern size. The gate sales from some of these rivalries would help all schools combined.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I don't see Western or Eastern joining the SVC. Or Chillicothe. Best chances would be Waverly, Logan Elm and Circleville.

Return to “Football”