Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Reg 23: 8. Bishop Ready (7-3) @ 1. River (9-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Trust me I talked to Meadowbrook fans and they said that Ready was probably better but Barnesville played them tougher. Barnesville scored 56 on Meadowbrook. This will be a game Ready ain't unstoppable. Anyone can look at the scores and see this will be decent game.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

There are no head to head opponents, but there are some comparables.
Col. Crusaders beat Whetstone 15-8. Whetstone lost to Whitehall-Yearling 14-38, Ready lost to Whitehall-Yearling 25-39. Coshocton beat Meadowbrook 49-21, Ready beat Meadowbrook 49-22, Col. Crusaders lost to Coshocton 20-14. I know none of this means anything, but it should show doubters that River will be a more than formidable opponent for Ready. They are multi talented and are able to score in the air or on the ground. More weapons than just Isaly. Don't be shocked when River moves on to play Newark Catholic/Bellaire.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Good Luck.....Be back to see you after the game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:Good Luck.....Be back to see you after the game.

Can only beat (2-8) Lima Central by 11 yet they are going to beat the 1 seed by 40??? No way am I buying that. I do think they win close.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think a Ready blowout is far-fetched, but Lima Central Catholic played the #2 hardest schedule in Division VI and Drew Pasteur (or his computer) thinks they're better than five of the teams in their region with winning records, including the #7 team in their region.

Also, Whitehall is in the playoffs.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:

Can only beat (2-8) Lima Central by 11 yet they are going to beat the 1 seed by 40??? No way am I buying that. I do think they win close.
I have a warm feeling that you may be pretty close with a player or coach in the Hannibal River Community. I know that the Central Ohio perceived attitudes and perceived arrogance is offensive to many in the SE. Ready is a Central Ohio Private School that plays a schedule that is incomprehensible to you. Ready players and Coaches, I am sure realize that they are in for a rough night when they go up against the likes of a Hartley or Cincinnati Hills. Yes, Ready was pretty much blown out by those teams but the fact that they played them at all speaks volumes about what they have faced versus what HR has faced. Trust me. HR would have been mutilated by the likes of Hartley or Cincy Hills. Ready will come into Hannibal River with the expectation that if they don't beat you by at least 6 TD's they will conclude that they did not play well. In other words, if HR can stay within 3 TD's, I would say that they played their best game of the season. A 28-7 loss by HR would be a feather in your cap. I'm sure HR will have their people at the Barnesville-NC game, but I can also assure you that Ready will have their people at that game with every intention of knowing that they will be playing week 12. If I'm wrong, I would deservedly be be dipped head-first into the corruption of a a Porta-John that had been heavily used all spring and sat through the hot summer we had in Ohio. As I said, Good luck, but don't hold your breath. Take heart. Teams like Ready and NC will likely go D5 next year with competitive balance while HR will stay D6 and play a nice, kind Region 23 playoff next fall.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

I have a warm feeling that you may be pretty close with a player or coach in the Hannibal River Community. I know that the Central Ohio perceived attitudes and perceived arrogance is offensive to many in the SE. Ready is a Central Ohio Private School that plays a schedule that is incomprehensible to you. Ready players and Coaches, I am sure realize that they are in for a rough night when they go up against the likes of a Hartley or Cincinnati Hills. Yes, Ready was pretty much blown out by those teams but the fact that they played them at all speaks volumes about what they have faced versus what HR has faced. Trust me. HR would have been mutilated by the likes of Hartley or Cincy Hills. Ready will come into Hannibal River with the expectation that if they don't beat you by at least 6 TD's they will conclude that they did not play well. In other words, if HR can stay within 3 TD's, I would say that they played their best game of the season. A 28-7 loss by HR would be a feather in your cap. I'm sure HR will have their people at the Barnesville-NC game, but I can also assure you that Ready will have their people at that game with every intention of knowing that they will be playing week 12. If I'm wrong, I would deservedly be be dipped head-first into the corruption of a a Porta-John that had been heavily used all spring and sat through the hot summer we had in Ohio. As I said, Good luck, but don't hold your breath. Take heart. Teams like Ready and NC will likely go D5 next year with competitive balance while HR will stay D6 and play a nice, kind Region 23 playoff next fall.

Who did they beat? They weren't even impressive over Linsly WV!! They are a good team and they might win by I'd say 12 but no way will this be a running clock. The thing is they played some big schools losing to most except Briggs. Just because you play big schools and lose doesn't make you a better team. River smashed a very good Shadyside team. Also beat Bellaire and Toronto. Give credit where credit is do if you're not beating bad eastern(Southeastern) I.e Meadowbrook (2-8) and Linsly (3-7) by 6 Tds how you going to beat River by 6 Tds? River is huge much bigger offensive line then Ready and they have playmakers. Also by the way I'm a River (Hater) lol.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Re: Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

Post by Preacher Purl »

If River is able to gang tackle Ready RB, they may have a chance. He is a stud and will run through arm tackles. You MUST make Ready throw the FB. QB doesn't have much size and struggles throwing down the field. I've seen both play and I like Ready. They aren't big in stature, but they are VERY physical and strong. I will be pulling for the Pilots (Ohio Valley roots) to get it done.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pastuer has River by 7 68% chance to win.

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

Having seem River up close and personal, Ready fanswer let me assure you, they can play ball. Should be a good game. Good luck to both.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

It certainly will be interesting. I can assure you that this will be the best team River has played to date, in fact 3 or 4 times over the best team they have played to date. I'm still going to stick to it. Running Clock in second half. Ready by 40 plus.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:It certainly will be interesting. I can assure you that this will be the best team River has played to date, in fact 3 or 4 times over the best team they have played to date. I'm still going to stick to it. Running Clock in second half. Ready by 40 plus.

Dude you're making them sound like they are this unbeatable team. You don't have a clue. They didn't even beat the bad teams on the schedule like that. You as have showed zero respect for River and I hope this fuels them.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I think this is gonna be a tight ball game. If something weird happens and Ready plays their A game and River plays their D- game then I can see Ready winning by 21. Other than that I look for Ready to win, but in a good game. Ready is legit, but cmon Chalito's comment makes it sound like their Hartley or DeSales.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Before the playoff pairings were announced there was a topic on Region 23 playoffs. I posted in that topic that the central ohio teams in Division 6 have had success in the playoffs. I am not here to bash any team or make predictions because anybody can beat anybody on a given night. What I think is trying to be pointed out is the Hannibal River is not going to do anything that Ready has not seen this year. Yes, Ready got beat soundly by CHCA, Hartley and Whitehall but what those teams do is expose you to athleticsm and speed at most all positions on the field. I am not saying anything negative about Hannibal River because when you go 9-0 you have to be a good team. With that being said Hannibal River does not put on the field the athletes that Hartley, CHCA and Whitehall does. When a team plays Hartley and CHCA you get exposed to teams that are playing at a higher level. Hartley and CHCA whole season is based on winning state championships not getting to playoffs and winning a game or 2. I am not going to say the Hannibal River will not win because they are good and you can not measure heart and determination that I am know the Pilots play with. Ready will be ready to play and will not be intimated by the Pilots. Hopefully it will be a great game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hartley but it on Ready 58-17

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

bsee12345 wrote:Before the playoff pairings were announced there was a topic on Region 23 playoffs. I posted in that topic that the central ohio teams in Division 6 have had success in the playoffs. I am not here to bash any team or make predictions because anybody can beat anybody on a given night. What I think is trying to be pointed out is the Hannibal River is not going to do anything that Ready has not seen this year. Yes, Ready got beat soundly by CHCA, Hartley and Whitehall but what those teams do is expose you to athleticsm and speed at most all positions on the field. I am not saying anything negative about Hannibal River because when you go 9-0 you have to be a good team. With that being said Hannibal River does not put on the field the athletes that Hartley, CHCA and Whitehall does. When a team plays Hartley and CHCA you get exposed to teams that are playing at a higher level. Hartley and CHCA whole season is based on winning state championships not getting to playoffs and winning a game or 2. I am not going to say the Hannibal River will not win because they are good and you can not measure heart and determination that I am know the Pilots play with. Ready will be ready to play and will not be intimated by the Pilots. Hopefully it will be a great game.

I have said the whole time I think Ready will win by 12 or so. My point is Ready has played great teams yes but they also didn't beat any good teams. They were not even blowing out teams much worse then River so to say 49 point running clock is ridiculous to me.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

EasternDspy wrote:

LCC would have ran the table playing River's schedule...

Does that mean anything here? No. But Ready will come into this game having faced much better teams than River. So there is no "shock factor". Has River played a kid like Dukes? I don't know, but if not there could be the other way around. I think Ready wins a close one.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I pulling for River to win. It would set up a game in Zanesville I've been waiting 8 years for.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They have no opponents in common but Ready did play Meadowbrook winning 49-22. Barnesville beat Meadowbrook 56-26. Shadyside beat Meadowbrook by 7. Buckeye Trail beat Meadowbrook by 1. River beat Shadyside by 32 and Trail by 15. What does all this mean nothing really the games decided on the field. I think Ready wins by 2 possessions but I'm rooting for the Pilots.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I have not made any negative comments toward you Mr. EasternDspy. I have simply stated my opinion and I will continue to stand by it. Remember...if HR even keeps it closer than 40+ you can totally abuse me. HR played an absolutely horrific schedule. (Crusaders Club team, among a bunch of D7''s that likely won't win a game. Look for Bellaire to get throttled by Newark Catholic. You have absolutely no idea how good Hartley and Cincy Christian Hills are. If Hartly came down your way to play a game, and the HR fans attended, the HR community would think they just saw a professional football team play. Bsee, with all due respect I disagree with your assessment that anybody could beat anybody any given night. That's a nice cliche' but not really reality. I would say that if Ready played Hartley 1000 times, Ready would win 1 of the 1000. So that part could be true. But....if Hartley played HR 10,000 times HR would go 0 and 10,000, or for that matter, 0 and 100,000. The best thing you can look forward too Dspy is that NC and Ready will likely jump to D5 next year. But then again, there are teams in this region that are better than many of the teams in the region that made the playoffs. Teams like HR will always have their hands full in this region as long as teams like West jeff and Grandview heights stay in the region. Good luck to the Pilots and perhaps their greatest supporter, Mr. EasternDspy, but just be sure you are as ready as you can be when Ready takes the field against HR. I will even maintain a humble approach and simply come back after the game and congratulate HR on a great year for them. HR will be turning in their pads Monday after school. If this post fires HR up, man this is a very small world. Who really gives a crap what I think? I really don't think HR does. They will play their hearts out I'm sure, and they will likely say, How could we lose to a team that was the 8th ranked team in the region? As stated many times......Good luck.

Return to “Football”