Southern 45 Federal Hocking 14

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Re: WK6 Federal Hocking (0-5) @ Southern (5-0)

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Herd from a southern source that their best running back is out 4 to 5 weeks.Don't think it will matter much in this one,but it could last 4 games if true.

:roll: cats :roll:
Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Fonzie wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Fonzie wrote:

Did a little digging. The coach in the 2007 season was Dennis Teaford. Had some size and talent on that team. Probably would have made playoffs if they had beat South Gallia that year.
Wasn't that the year that Fed, Waterford, Eastern, and Trimble were all in the mix for the playoffs late in the year?

I believe you are correct. One of the most competitive years in the TVC Hocking that I can remember.
Southern with 6-4 that year but 2-3 in TVC Hocking play. One long run South Gallia pulled out in the 4th really hurt their chances that year, although it was the 3rd game of the year. I think Fed, Trimble and Waterford all 3 made playoffs that year I believe.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

ttomcat 80 wrote:Herd from a southern source that their best running back is out 4 to 5 weeks.Don't think it will matter much in this one,but it could last 4 games if true.

Heard a few kids got banged up at Belpre.. They have two solid backs from what I have heard and another kid who isn't too bad himself.. doesn't matter in this one..

Southern-47
Fed- 13

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Resurgent_Thinker wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: Wasn't that the year that Fed, Waterford, Eastern, and Trimble were all in the mix for the playoffs late in the year?

I believe you are correct. One of the most competitive years in the TVC Hocking that I can remember.
Southern with 6-4 that year but 2-3 in TVC Hocking play. One long run South Gallia pulled out in the 4th really hurt their chances that year, although it was the 3rd game of the year. I think Fed, Trimble and Waterford all 3 made playoffs that year I believe.
Federal Hocking was the only Hocking Division team to make it to the playoffs that year, but several teams were in the mix all season.

South Gallia, as you mentioned, beat Southern by a TD early in the season. SG was not in the TVC yet and made the playoffs at 8-2. Southern also lost to FH (9-1), Trimble (7-3), & Waterford (7-3). A win over SG, or possibly any one of those other teams, and they'd have been in.

Trimble was D-5 that year and did lose to 4-6 Berne Union, but really would've needed a win over Nelsonville-York (9-1) or Federal Hocking (9-1) to get in. They did beat Waterford (27-25) and Southern.

Waterford benefitted from a forfeit win over Harvest Prep (a game they lost on the field). Their losses were to Region #1 and undefeated (regular season) Beallsville, as well as Trimble. They bounced back from the Trimble loss to beat Southern 60-0, but lost the game that would've put them in - Week 10 to Federal Hocking (36-13). Interestingly, the only team to beat FH in the regular season was Caldwell, who only finished 5-5, but beat Waterford out for the last playoff spot by about 0.6 points. Waterford dropped Harvest Prep and Beallsville the next season, beat the replacements (Grove City Christian & River Valley), and ran through the Hocking Division (outscoring league opponents 205-21), beat their rival (FF), and had a good win over Wahama (who was not yet in the TVC and went 8-2) but missed the playoffs despite a 9-1 record. In another example of needing your opponents to do well, Trimble had lost to Berne Union again, and BU beat out Waterford for the 8th spot with a 6-4 record.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nice info!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Really nice info!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Resurgent_Thinker wrote:
ttomcat 80 wrote:Herd from a southern source that their best running back is out 4 to 5 weeks.Don't think it will matter much in this one,but it could last 4 games if true.

Heard a few kids got banged up at Belpre.. They have two solid backs from what I have heard and another kid who isn't too bad himself.. doesn't matter in this one..

Southern-47
Fed- 13
I was honestly wondering which running back would be considered the best? Yardage wise I would say the QB Johnson, RB Blanks, RB Roush, RB Hollbrook are all pretty equal so far in rushing and Akers has made some decent yardage and a great lead blocker.

I assume Roush is the player you are speaking of since he didn't play last week?

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Resurgent_Thinker wrote:

Southern-47
Fed- 13
I was honestly wondering which running back would be considered the best? Yardage wise I would say the QB Johnson, RB Blanks, RB Roush, RB Hollbrook are all pretty equal so far in rushing and Akers has made some decent yardage and a great lead blocker.

I assume Roush is the player you are speaking of since he didn't play last week?
I heard it is the Blanks kid that is out for the season. Its a shame, he is a pretty darn good football player that has been riddled with injuries his entire career.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

High Winds 52
No swords 6

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

That would be a huge loss but he played last week so hopefully that's not true. He was out earlier in the year against Portsmouth Notre Dame and Frontier, would it be the same injury?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

GOOD LUCK SOUTHERN!!!

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

enigmaax wrote:
Resurgent_Thinker wrote:
Fonzie wrote:

Federal Hocking was the only Hocking Division team to make it to the playoffs that year, but several teams were in the mix all season.

South Gallia, as you mentioned, beat Southern by a TD early in the season. SG was not in the TVC yet and made the playoffs at 8-2. Southern also lost to FH (9-1), Trimble (7-3), & Waterford (7-3). A win over SG, or possibly any one of those other teams, and they'd have been in.

Trimble was D-5 that year and did lose to 4-6 Berne Union, but really would've needed a win over Nelsonville-York (9-1) or Federal Hocking (9-1) to get in. They did beat Waterford (27-25) and Southern.

Waterford benefitted from a forfeit win over Harvest Prep (a game they lost on the field). Their losses were to Region #1 and undefeated (regular season) Beallsville, as well as Trimble. They bounced back from the Trimble loss to beat Southern 60-0, but lost the game that would've put them in - Week 10 to Federal Hocking (36-13). Interestingly, the only team to beat FH in the regular season was Caldwell, who only finished 5-5, but beat Waterford out for the last playoff spot by about 0.6 points. Waterford dropped Harvest Prep and Beallsville the next season, beat the replacements (Grove City Christian & River Valley), and ran through the Hocking Division (outscoring league opponents 205-21), beat their rival (FF), and had a good win over Wahama (who was not yet in the TVC and went 8-2) but missed the playoffs despite a 9-1 record. In another example of needing your opponents to do well, Trimble had lost to Berne Union again, and BU beat out Waterford for the 8th spot with a 6-4 record.

Thank you for that.

Return to “Football”