Playoffs #6 River @ #3 Grandview Heights

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Re: Playoffs #6 River @ #3 Grandview Heights

Post by PVCGuru »

River has a couple weaknesses that good teams can take advantage of. I'd love to see River hang in there in this one, but they are a big underdog here.

That being said, edspy talking strength of schedule compared to FF is a joke.

River has a nice team. Fort Frye should feel fortunate they didn't have to play river this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort and Caldwell fans would love to play River but they dodge good teams like the plague. I'm shocked they even play Monroe and Magnolia. They should be thanking Monroe the 3rd best team in the PVC for even getting into the playoffs.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

You played the 91st ranked schedule. River played 103rd.

Doubt either should be talking about it. Magnolia is the best team either played and its not close.

Either one will be lucky to survive this week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea who cares if you played a good team they waxed you. Fort Frye has more level 2 points then any team in region. Also Fort Frye beat 2 playoffs teams in Belpre(8-2) and Caldwell (9-1). Fort Frye went into Johnstown and played Northridge when they were (3-0) and healthy. Even Waterford at (5-5) was better then most teams River played.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It worked you got in but bottom line River should be embarrassed of that schedule. Yes I will be rooting for the Pilots because my friend Jordon Potts went there.

Fball4
Waterboy

Post by Fball4 »

EasternDspy wrote:It worked you got in but bottom line River should be embarrassed of that schedule. Yes I will be rooting for the Pilots because my friend Jordon Potts went there.
River's combined schedule is 42-54. (After next week because of WV schools 44-55 most likely)
Fort Frye's combined schedule is 47-52. (After next week because of WV schools 47-53 most likely)

Not much of a difference there. River's one loss came to a loaded Magnolia team that is full of seniors. If River would of have Fort Frye's Schedule they would be 9-1 or 10-0. Would of came down to the Caldwell game. The best team that both teams played is MC. River 28-22 Fort Frye 29-28. To me both teams look like they are about even. I know teams match up differently, but Fort Frye and River would be a very good game if they would of got matched up. To talk about how bad River's schedule is and say they should be embarrassed is kinda funny. Hate to tell you this but Wirt County isn't a whole lot better than Paden City.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You are smudging the numbers fact of the matter is the best team that River beat was (6-4) Monroe. Fort Frye had 2 wins over playoff teams and River had zero. Fort Frye non league of Northridge (3-0) at the time until QB got hurt , Waterford (5-5) was in the playoff hunt until last week, Newcomerstown (3-7) ,Wirt (2-7), and Belpre (8-2) ain't bad when certain teams won't play you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Fort Fryes schedule is so bad how are they 1 in the region? Computer rankings based on who you beat and who the teams you beat beat. Fort Frye had like 50 more 2nd level points then River.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Let's focus on River vs Grandview my bad getting off topic.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Grandview Heights 35
River 7

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GH.

896ffcadet
Waterboy

Post by 896ffcadet »

If I may weigh in on this debate. First question. If River is so good and can run through the likes of Fort Frye and Caldwell why don't they play either team? They play every other PVC team. Second question. Why are people thinking "strength of schedule" and 2nd level points are meaningless? Numbers don't lie. Fort Frye 178.5 2nd level points. River 128 2nd level points. That should nullify any argument as to who has the tougher schedule. Again numbers don't lie. Third question. Why, after the schedule is already made, does River decide to not play Fort Frye last year? They are good right? Dropped us, after the schedule is made, to go play Eastern. Way to schedule up! LoL Forts JV squad would blow through Eastern. Now let's talk River vs M/C this year. Great you beat M/C. I guarantee if this game is played in Woodsfield River loses. Go into Woodsfield and beat the Seminoles then you can talk about it. Woodsfield is one of the toughest places to go into and win a football game. If you deny that your fooling yourself. Finally, even at 9-1 the only reason River is in is because M/C beat Barnesville. That's the ONLY way mathematically River got in. Barnesville beats the Seminoles and there a thread on here similar to the one regarding Logan going 8-2 and not seeing week 11. Beating D7 Eastern 60-6 does not make River a legit 9-1 playoff team.

896ffcadet
Waterboy

Post by 896ffcadet »

All that being said Grandview 35 - River 6.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

896ffcadet wrote:If I may weigh in on this debate. First question. If River is so good and can run through the likes of Fort Frye and Caldwell why don't they play either team? They play every other PVC team. Second question. Why are people thinking "strength of schedule" and 2nd level points are meaningless? Numbers don't lie. Fort Frye 178.5 2nd level points. River 128 2nd level points. That should nullify any argument as to who has the tougher schedule. Again numbers don't lie. Third question. Why, after the schedule is already made, does River decide to not play Fort Frye last year? They are good right? Dropped us, after the schedule is made, to go play Eastern. Way to schedule up! LoL Forts JV squad would blow through Eastern. Now let's talk River vs M/C this year. Great you beat M/C. I guarantee if this game is played in Woodsfield River loses. Go into Woodsfield and beat the Seminoles then you can talk about it. Woodsfield is one of the toughest places to go into and win a football game. If you deny that your fooling yourself. Finally, even at 9-1 the only reason River is in is because M/C beat Barnesville. That's the ONLY way mathematically River got in. Barnesville beats the Seminoles and there a thread on here similar to the one regarding Logan going 8-2 and not seeing week 11. Beating D7 Eastern 60-6 does not make River a legit 9-1 playoff team.
Not even close to being true. Had Barnesville beaten M/C, River would still have more points than Fredericktown, the #8 team. The MC win gave River 4 level two points.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heard on score stream it was 56-15 not sure what QT

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

That is a final. River scored first to take 8-0 lead and then it was all downhill from there. I said GH by at least three scores, well it was 5+.
Nice season for the Pilots, but they were clearly outmatched here.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

896ffcadet wrote:If I may weigh in on this debate. First question. If River is so good and can run through the likes of Fort Frye and Caldwell why don't they play either team? They play every other PVC team. Second question. Why are people thinking "strength of schedule" and 2nd level points are meaningless? Numbers don't lie. Fort Frye 178.5 2nd level points. River 128 2nd level points. That should nullify any argument as to who has the tougher schedule. Again numbers don't lie. Third question. Why, after the schedule is already made, does River decide to not play Fort Frye last year? They are good right? Dropped us, after the schedule is made, to go play Eastern. Way to schedule up! LoL Forts JV squad would blow through Eastern. Now let's talk River vs M/C this year. Great you beat M/C. I guarantee if this game is played in Woodsfield River loses. Go into Woodsfield and beat the Seminoles then you can talk about it. Woodsfield is one of the toughest places to go into and win a football game. If you deny that your fooling yourself. Finally, even at 9-1 the only reason River is in is because M/C beat Barnesville. That's the ONLY way mathematically River got in. Barnesville beats the Seminoles and there a thread on here similar to the one regarding Logan going 8-2 and not seeing week 11. Beating D7 Eastern 60-6 does not make River a legit 9-1 playoff team.
Always love when Fort Frye folks don't have a clue. Grandview Heights clearly was better in every way. It will be interesting to see how far they go. I assume as always, the FF people will go hide in their caves again after their game.

Good luck GH. Great year River.

896ffcadet
Waterboy

Post by 896ffcadet »

No hiding hear. I'll take 13-0 over Fredericktown before 56-15 beating by Grandview Heights any day. I'll also take Fort Frye over River any day but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

896ffcadet wrote:No hiding hear. I'll take 13-0 over Fredericktown before 56-15 beating by Grandview Heights any day. I'll also take Fort Frye over River any day but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

Truth!!

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Beware of River in 2016. They started 2 seniors on offense and 1 on defense. Also started 5 sophomores on offense and 6 sophomores on defense. The staff expected to be a playoff team in 2016 not 2015. The 2015 experience for the players will be a great tool for 2016. River picks up Bellaire and Toronto in 2016, schedule will be tougher but if the run the table #1 in their region!

Return to “Football”