Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Re: Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Post by cg-ironton fan »

2 teams CG & RH with no coaches (yet) but both those teams should be highly favored to WIN OVC. something brewing that public don't know yet LOL

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

I think they should hire Dan mcdavid as there head coach very great coach when he was at green

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

It would be hard for me to believe RH would be favorite in the OVC next year.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Does anyone know what will go on next? Are they searching for a new head coach or do they already have someone in mind?

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

If they are going to hire a new coach I think the number one thing they need to look at is the name of the coach. If he has a catchy name like Jesty, Testy, Rusty, Dusty, Dutch, Clutch that would be a good start. Slasher or Killer might be good too. How about Thumper? But the name has to be one that the guy is known universally by and not just one that his wife refers to him by. After getting the guys with good names lined up they should then find out which ones have a proven record of getting players to run through brick walls. That would be a good start.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd be curious as to how this came about. I saw bob mccollister had a post on facebook and had been involved 28 years there in the district, and announced a last day there I think this Friday. and I'm thinking it said he was just fired, with no warning. don't hold me to this, but I'm thinking that's what it said.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'd be curious as to how this came about. I saw bob mccollister had a post on facebook and had been involved 28 years there in the district, and announced a last day there I think this Friday. and I'm thinking it said he was just fired, with no warning. don't hold me to this, but I'm thinking that's what it said.
Fired from coaching , retiring may 27 from teaching at the end of school year.I believe 1 year early because of situation.

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that district is always in a state of unrest and uncertainty. these former coaches deserve better. I only coached at the youth level for years and know what a commitment it is , and how tough a gig it is. I can't imagine being at a district for 28 years and getting thrown out that way. and as far as todd knipp. it appeared he had that ship turned around in a great way and gaining momentum.so I really don't understand that.

as far as moving forward I have no idea who is in the wings but I'd not let mark ''hammer'' lutz get away without a shot. he's not only from the lutz coaching tree, he's a lutz. he could breath new life into that program quickly. and merril triplett has been mentioned. I have no idea if he's involved or not. both are great friends of mine, and would do an amazing job there. could you imagine hammer n tripp reunited. lastly I hope that the future is bright for the coaches departing and that this could lead to other opportunities. bob may stay retired and todd who knows , he's still young. but the district does need a hardnosed no nonsense coach that seperates himself from the politics side of things. ------------------ and in no way am I implying that that's been the case in the past.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but that can be a tough gig out there with an ironton background. the district needs to learn from the ironton program and incorporate their tactics. and have a big understanding how the old school, new school stuff could be intertwined. ironton's program needs to re-boot itself as well. old school run offense primarily, and a mixture of spread and incorporate more passing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but I personally know todd knipp and bob mccollister. they are both top notch Christian men.they have represented the district well. and deserve to be treated as such.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

The change at RH was way over due. One winning season in the last 6 years should not allow a coach to stay on. The change in the BOE was what happened and the people In RH district wanted a change.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

I'd not let mark ''hammer'' lutz get away without a shot.
I see the Lutz fella has a catchy nickname, "Hammer." That's a good start. Does he have any experience with getting players to run through brick walls?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

[quote="Game day"]The change at RH was way over due. One winning season in the last 6 years should not allow a coach to stay on. The change in the BOE was what happened and the people In RH district wanted a change.[/quote

I have no problem with that. but be professional about it. frankly I don't blame them for a change it was needed. but it seemed things were getting better.
I hope they get it right.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NY Tomcat wrote:
I'd not let mark ''hammer'' lutz get away without a shot.
I see the Lutz fella has a catchy nickname, "Hammer." That's a good start. Does he have any experience with getting players to run through brick walls?

considering he is bob Lutz's nephew.coached under bob and bob is Ohio's all time winningest high school football coach ever. and bob's philosophy was running through walls foe him. I'd say he's got that well covered.and he's a former qb/db.---------------- and if Merrill triplett is involved, he has rebuilt programs all over the country. the 2 together would definitely be a powerful foe for any ovc team.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Whatever is going on with the coaching change and who is picked to be the head coach. One thing needs to change is the attitude of players and parents. To many parents want to complain about their Superstar "In their own mind" is not playing. As well as some players who played well in the lower levels not wanting to play or play but do not put in the work to improve. So a clear plan needs to be presented and implemented. The head coach also needs to be directing the lower levels of football to provide an easy transition to high school. Where they are learning skills and team work that fits to the high school team. As well as giving players goals to improve each year. Based on their performance on the field not who their parents know and can influence. Coach will coach and everyone else no matter who you are or TITLE even BOE are supporters of the TEAM. Not part of team break down and uprisings.

Until that is done Rock Hill will continue to have a good year now and then. With more of the same ole same very old crap.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would go outside the 4 walls of the RH district and look for your next head coach. The one area that most have sited as a problem was the lack of kids coming out to play in recent years. This to me is a true sign of the kids are getting tired of losing.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

First of all Rock Hill should have made a change years ago but didn't stayed behind the coaches. Now with things getting turn around they make a change. It takes time for any coach to come in and turn around a program. Todd ask Merle to come in and help coach and they let him do his thing when they knew what was going to happen, very unprofessional out of BOE. There is a group at RH that wanted change no matter what and they got what they wanted. If u look at all the programs at RH they are all down ( they didn't go after them) It's all personal for the Group, So we move on.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Game day wrote:The change at RH was way over due. One winning season in the last 6 years should not allow a coach to stay on. The change in the BOE was what happened and the people In RH district wanted a change.
Your right the JR high group wanted a change

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Let's change the old business into new business. Who does everyone think the new coach at Rock Hill will be?

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I think its kinda funny Coal Grove didn't renew Kidd earlier in the same week, he is a Rock Hill boy, you never know.

Return to “Football”