Re: 2016 Scioto Valley Conference

Post by Bezzer22 »

Zane trace 19 west Jefferson 21 when starters went out

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Could be a fun year in the SVC.

Huntington and Unioto will be very fun to watch offensively and Westfall is going back to a similar style to led to their successes in the past. And those are just the teams that will likely be middle of the pack.

ZT and PV will be very good. Adena is a scary team as well.

I'm not sure about Piketon and SE, so I can't comment on them.

I think it will be a better year for the league from top to bottom, although I don't know if we'll see multiple deep playoff runs again. Good luck to everyone this Friday! Get some Ws and stay healthy.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Here is a link to our first fall show of SVC Sports Talk - a lot of football discussion in the final 20 minutes of show...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk082216

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

After week 1 Zane Trace, Paint Valley, and Westfall will battle for the top. I don't see any clear advantage. I've talked with a lot of my SVC guys that watched the games and all three teams have holes but potential to get a lot better. No prediction but could be three way tie?

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

I agree svc_guy that it looks like a 3 horse race but Unioto looks to be improved over last years debacle.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Yeh the U will have a say in it. This could be a year where all kinds of surprises pop up.

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

I wouldn't count out Paint Valley or Huntington at this point either. Both teams have the ability to beat some teams that will underestimate them and maybe make the SVC a really interesting conference this year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Looks like the tanks have the most speed, best qb, and a strong def. It doesn't mean they have anything won but I really like there chances this year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Rolltanks wrote:Looks like the tanks have the most speed, best qb, and a strong def. It doesn't mean they have anything won but I really like there chances this year.
Based on what? Scrimmaging doormats Hillsboro and Berne Union and defeating another doormat in Vinton County?

Getting out some of the basketball players will definitely help Unioto, but I'd hold back on any grand pronouncements after just one game. Unioto will be a player in an SVC that will look much like it did in 2013 when we didn't know what would happen from week-to-week. That season ended with a three-way share with PV, ZT and Westfall.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I just watched all the teams. Harris from zt is prolly the best athlete in the conference. If you fallow track then you know he beat uniotos ivy in the sprints too. But the u has more team speed than zt. Unless they are not running hard yet idk. Pv will have a very strong def but so does unioto. I did say that none of this matters as far as winning games but I like uniotos chances to compete in the svc this year. I feel they have a good team and the rest of the league is down. The best team on unioto or zt schedule is waverly. So after week 3 we will have a better gauge. Also pv will have a tuff game week 2 so we should know more about them.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Westfall has a lot of weapons this year. Jude, Armentrout, Lawson, Wyman, Tuller, Ferall, and Gibson to name a few. I had my doubts but the league is going to be very surprised how physical and fast they are this year. I would expect if they get better each week going into the SVC they will be right there.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Westfall is the only svc school I have not seen this year. I didn't expect much but the score against tv shocked me. Definitely will keep an eye on them going forward.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Plenty of surprises in week one. I can't wait for ZT waverly. Waverly is a solid team and they play 3 svc schools. I think by league play we will have a good idea of how Unioto stacks up to zt. Tanks have promise but most ppl from the gazette don't think they will win many games. Zt is favorite to win league for most ppl. Nice to compare games against quality waverly team.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Rosters online anywhere?

Need
Paint Valley and Huntington

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Looks like ZT took the upper hand last night. Will be an interesting race to the finish.

Return to “Football”