Final: Waverly 30 Athens 27

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Waverly vs Athens 2019

Post by MasterOfNone »

What a game! That was one of the biggest wins Waverly has had in awhile. It was a great win for a young team, proving to themselves that they have what it takes to win some games this year. The shutout in the second half by the Tigers D was impressive. And they were able to move the ball more consistently in the second half which allowed them to go hurry up and the Bulldogs just simply ran out of gas. Hats off to the Waverly coaching staff for having the players in great condition.

I know someone mentioned earlier as to why Swepston didn't get much action. But he did play, they are just rotating backers a lot. And that game in particular they used their speeder backers a little more. I thought Wyatt Crabtree stepped up and had a good game as a freshman. The O line also did an excellent job.

If the Tigers keep improving and getting healthier they will be a hard team to defeat.

On a side note, hope the stadium speakers get fixed before Week 3! Lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:23 am What a game! That was one of the biggest wins Waverly has had in awhile. It was a great win for a young team, proving to themselves that they have what it takes to win some games this year. The shutout in the second half by the Tigers D was impressive. And they were able to move the ball more consistently in the second half which allowed them to go hurry up and the Bulldogs just simply ran out of gas. Hats off to the Waverly coaching staff for having the players in great condition.

I know someone mentioned earlier as to why Swepston didn't get much action. But he did play, they are just rotating backers a lot. And that game in particular they used their speeder backers a little more. I thought Wyatt Crabtree stepped up and had a good game as a freshman. The O line also did an excellent job.

If the Tigers keep improving and getting healthier they will be a hard team to defeat.

On a side note, hope the stadium speakers get fixed before Week 3! Lol
Crabtree did indeed step up in his freshman debut. Tons of young kids with significant playing time and steeping up.

Ya, the speakers on the poles apparently blew and the speaker on the press box seemed muffled. That happened at some point before halftime.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Thanks are in order to Old Tiger, Smurray, and greygoose and all others for keeping us out of area folks updated during the game.!

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Ya, the speakers on the poles apparently blew and the speaker on the press box seemed muffled. That happened at some point before halftime.
I had to sit with my hand over my left ear the entire first half since it was so loud. Fix them, but please turn them down some. Other wise, I enjoyed the game immensely. Go Tigers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:02 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:52 pm

I had to sit with my hand over my left ear the entire first half since it was so loud. Fix them, but please turn them down some. Other wise, I enjoyed the game immensely. Go Tigers.
Ya, I had several complaints about the music volume during warmups and do agree, it was cranking.. I plan to pass that information along, I don’t control the volume on that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You guys have a very nice facility and pretty good food. Great atmosphere for a non league game

Return to “Football”