JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by Ironman92 »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:46 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 pm
BigBen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:42 pm
Yes, both Ds were very capable. They played tough, especially Jackson considering the size difference.
I’m sure Carrico is good, but he didn’t show much in the form of impressive plays. That may have been by coaching design so as not to show too much a week before Wheelersburg.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. My gut told me that the response you posted with was probably what went down!

He’s a talented kid & as a junior, it’s got to be a lot to go through, to be asked to hold back(MAYBE/no disrespect to Jackson) before you are able to get going for the season.

I feel Pendleton and crew know what to do and he’s in capable hands to choose what’s best.

There are so Many excited fans and sometimes I have to tell myself, IT WAS JUST A SCRIMMAGE!

Good luck to both Jackson and Ironton!
Carrico had a rushing TD, a long TD reception, and a fumble return for a TD, as well as plugging holes all night. He sure looked the part to me.
It may not have been possible for him to achieve what viewers were expecting. Just me as a casual fan that is no football guru...I feel that him being able to choose any college in the nation and all of the rankings we have read about...he’s going to stand out to every person in the stands. Man vs boys. I didn’t see that. I’m not in any way rooting against the kid (or any kid) and wish him a healthy season and achieving all of his goals. Playing on Saturday and maybe Sunday....that would be incredible and everyone around here would be rooting him on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

callie15 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:07 am Is Larry Hall still coaching at Jackson , If he is and they gat man handled they are in trouble. Larry coached the defense.
Yes

No

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

callie15 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:07 am Is Larry Hall still coaching at Jackson , If he is and they gat man handled they are in trouble. Larry coached the defense.
If you went to this game 3-4 of the Ironton scores Carrico had were Jackson offense gifts that came in the down and distance part of the scrimmage. A broken pass play that left no one around Carrico for 15 yards, that was immediately followed by a pick almost returned for a TD that he punched in from 4-5 yards out, which was followed not to long after by two drops or fumbles on the exchange, one of which was picked up by him and he went untouched for 20 yards in for a TD.

I went to see him and he was as advertised although the Jr. Jones kid is very good also and a big strong line that is gonna wear on some people. But if people think the scoring is because of a bad Jackson D, they just never really had a chance on 3-4 of the scores. A lot of time the Tigers runs into the line were stuffed and the backs stood up. The score is what it is but some perspective to anyone that thinks Ironton had 1000 yards rushing in a half.

The game at Tank next week I do think will be closer than expected, Burg is good about getting people down quick and putting a foot on their neck. This is a lot stronger and more in shape Ironton team and they are on right track. There will be a couple top players for each team and we will have to see if one of them can make a big play in a big game. Ironton has also found a bit of a kicking game, which has always been a Burg advantage. I give the Burg a slight edge, but Tank stadium neutralizes some things, I can see why some think this is a pick-em type of game. Calling it 28-24 Pirates.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:57 am
If you went to this game 3-4 of the Ironton scores Carrico had were Jackson offense gifts that came in the down and distance part of the scrimmage. A broken pass play that left no one around Carrico for 15 yards, that was immediately followed by a pick almost returned for a TD that he punched in from 4-5 yards out, which was followed not to long after by two drops or fumbles on the exchange, one of which was picked up by him and he went untouched for 20 yards in for a TD.

I went to see him and he was as advertised although the Jr. Jones kid is very good also and a big strong line that is gonna wear on some people. But if people think the scoring is because of a bad Jackson D, they just never really had a chance on 3-4 of the scores. A lot of time the Tigers runs into the line were stuffed and the backs stood up. The score is what it is but some perspective to anyone that thinks Ironton had 1000 yards rushing in a half.

The game at Tank next week I do think will be closer than expected, Burg is good about getting people down quick and putting a foot on their neck. This is a lot stronger and more in shape Ironton team and they are on right track. There will be a couple top players for each team and we will have to see if one of them can make a big play in a big game. Ironton has also found a bit of a kicking game, which has always been a Burg advantage. I give the Burg a slight edge, but Tank stadium neutralizes some things, I can see why some think this is a pick-em type of game. Calling it 28-24 Pirates.
I appreciate your vividness. I’m in Orlando, am a big tiger Fan since the SEOAL days when I went to IHS. No one was breaking it down quite so much as you just did and the way a couple of other posters did until just recent, So, I’m thankful to you for that!

Good luck on your season. It sounds like Jackson will have a great team !!

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

It’s pretty obvious some people are not realistic about what Carrico should do in a football game.He is and will be the best player in every game he plays in this year and next.Will he make every tackle? Will he score a touchdown every time he touches the ball? Course not.Will he make the team and players around him better? Absolutely.Teams will have to account for him on both sides of the ball,which will open up things for his teammates.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

I might be crazy but I thought int’s and sticking s running back in the whole and him fumbling was part of football and those counted , are there new rules this year where you get a INT or force a fumble and the other team gets the ball back ? I didn’t see anyone from ironton say the only score Jackson got was late and against the second string defensive backfield because it was but nobody called it a gift , it’s ok to get beat sometimes the other team is better just like Friday night Ironton was better a lot better

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:56 pm I might be crazy but I thought int’s and sticking s running back in the whole and him fumbling was part of football and those counted , are there new rules this year where you get a INT or force a fumble and the other team gets the ball back ? I didn’t see anyone from ironton say the only score Jackson got was late and against the second string defensive backfield because it was but nobody called it a gift , it’s ok to get beat sometimes the other team is better just like Friday night Ironton was better a lot better
Ironton was a lot better

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:56 pm I might be crazy but I thought int’s and sticking s running back in the whole and him fumbling was part of football and those counted , are there new rules this year where you get a INT or force a fumble and the other team gets the ball back ? I didn’t see anyone from ironton say the only score Jackson got was late and against the second string defensive backfield because it was but nobody called it a gift , it’s ok to get beat sometimes the other team is better just like Friday night Ironton was better a lot better
Jackson’s effort was there on defense , but Jackson isn’t even in the Same league as Ironton . Jackson looked like it was first day of pads .

Return to “Football”