Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by Tigers24 »

Burg is going come into Tiger Town wearing their alternate camo jersey's. No surprise here, just means the Pirates realize this is a BIG game. Sorry if I rained on your parade Trojan90

JERSEY'S don't win the games

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

That the Alt 6 or ALt 7 Road Jersey for Da Burg ?

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

I thought the away team had to wear white jerseys now? I'm lost....thanks guys.....anyone got a pic

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Sports-nut wrote:A few surprises coming the Pirates way Friday. Lol
Waverly is going to punt on 1st Down :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

8332 Granite St wrote:I thought the away team had to wear white jerseys now? I'm lost....thanks guys.....anyone got a pic
Correct, Waverly will be in all black.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Being that Waverly has only given up 13 points all season, on paper this looks like a good game. Also, I bet not all of those points were given up by Waverly's varsity defense. However, after seeing recent film on both, If Wheelersburg's O-line holds up strong then, it's going to be a long night for the Tigers of Waverly.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

85yards wrote:Being that Waverly has only given up 13 points all season, on paper this looks like a good game. Also, I bet not all of those points were given up by Waverly's varsity defense. However, after seeing recent film on both, If Wheelersburg's O-line holds up strong then, it's going to be a long night for the Tigers of Waverly.
That would be a bet you lost, gave up 13 to Unioto one of those drives was only 35 yards, and scored on another drive in the 3rd quarter. Not like it matters a bunch but their backups haven't given up a score. :lol:

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

greygoose wrote:
85yards wrote:Being that Waverly has only given up 13 points all season, on paper this looks like a good game. Also, I bet not all of those points were given up by Waverly's varsity defense. However, after seeing recent film on both, If Wheelersburg's O-line holds up strong then, it's going to be a long night for the Tigers of Waverly.
That would be a bet you lost, gave up 13 to Unioto one of those drives was only 35 yards, and scored on another drive in the 3rd quarter. Not like it matters a bunch but their backups haven't given up a score. :lol:
Interesting, so the cupboard may not be bare in Waverly after this year. 8-)

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

85yards wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Interesting, so the cupboard may not be bare in Waverly after this year. 8-)

No, I believe a few of their play makers are younger including QB who's having a really nice year is just a junior. So I don't think this is a 1 year wonder for the Tigers.

CoopDawg
Waterboy

Post by CoopDawg »

I don't ever say anything on here but it's time it's said... Burg will show and prove that they are the real deal this weekend. Waverly is good but I do believe wburg is on a different level at this point and time.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Here's a little tip for Wheelersburg fans and for that matter anyone else coming to the game. If you're planning on parking in front of the stadium you will probably get parked quicker if you enter the NORTH end of the lot. Most vehicles coming off of 23 typically enter the south end of the lot. Traffic can get backed up. The best way to get to the NORTH entrance is to stay on 23 until you get to the road where you would turn in to if you were going to Bob Evans or Tim Hortons. That road will take you almost directly to the North entrance. We have over 500 lined parking spots and it does cost $2 to park.

On a side note. You had better allow some time to get parked and get a ticket. If you can get there by 5:45 or 6:00 you will be better off. If you show up at 6:30 or later good luck getting parked and getting inside by game time. Much less finding a seat. Lol Our seating capacity is adequate for 95% of the games but this one may be off the charts. :) Perhaps both schools had presale tickets available?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote:Here's a little tip for Wheelersburg fans and for that matter anyone else coming to the game. If you're planning on parking in front of the stadium you will probably get parked quicker if you enter the NORTH end of the lot. Most vehicles coming off of 23 typically enter the south end of the lot. Traffic can get backed up. The best way to get to the NORTH entrance is to stay on 23 until you get to the road where you would turn in to if you were going to Bob Evans or Tim Hortons. That road will take you almost directly to the North entrance. We have over 500 lined parking spots and it does cost $2 to park.

On a side note. You had better allow some time to get parked and get a ticket. If you can get there by 5:45 or 6:00 you will be better off. If you show up at 6:30 or later good luck getting parked and getting inside by game time. Much less finding a seat. Lol Our seating capacity is adequate for 95% of the games but this one may be off the charts. :) Perhaps both schools had presale tickets available?

I agree, instead of coming off Rt 23 onto Clough St and trying to get in the south entrance, go to Morningside Dr. and come across Rt 335 into the north entrance. Have your $2.00 ready to expedite the parking. They do park you fairly quickly. If you don't want to park on the lot there are streets surrounding the facility, a church a block away, & the government center across Rt. 335.

Buying pre-sale tickets will be a very wise move. Waverly has pre-sale tickets available in the School office. The gate by the gym will be open for pre-sale ticket holders and it will open at 5:30p.m. You cannot buy a ticket at this gate: PRE-SALE ONLY and allows you to bypass the ticket booth line.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burg plays smash mouth football this game. They haven't done it yet this year but I think they see it as a weakness on the tiger d.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

Excellent! So will the pre-sale ticket holders line open before the regular ticket line? I was told the regular line would start selling tickets at 6:00. And can those of us with a season pass get in through the pre-sale ticket line also? Someone would need a hole punch. LOL Thanks smurray :)

toast
All State

Post by toast »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I think burg plays smash mouth football this game. They haven't done it yet this year but I think they see it as a weakness on the tiger d.
That sure would be interesting and go against what they're done all season. I'm sure both teams will throw in a few new things and go against tendencies to some degree. Does Burg run the screen play often? That play scares me to death and can be hard to defend. Can really change course of a game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I think that the game should be cancelled, seeing as how Waverly has a snowballs chance in Hades of winning. Instead, all of the Wheelersberg posters should suit up and take on the Tigers. That, I'm sure, would be a much more meaningful game, and would give Waverly at least a miniscule chance at victory.

Also, I called the OHSAA, and should Wheelersberg go 10-0, they are cancelling the Division 5 playoffs and just awarding the state championship trophy to the Pirates. The weaklings from Coldwater have agreed.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thank you for calling them. We were too busy polishing our trophies. Come on man. This is what being a fan is about.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

wobycat wrote:Thank you for calling them. We were too busy polishing our trophies. Come on man. This is what being a fan is about.
I roll my eyes at the Burg posters as much as anyone but I agree. If our teams had the continued success the Burg has we'd act the same way.

ROLL PEAKE
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

mikepike wrote:I think that the game should be cancelled, seeing as how Waverly has a snowballs chance in Hades of winning. Instead, all of the Wheelersberg posters should suit up and take on the Tigers. That, I'm sure, would be a much more meaningful game, and would give Waverly at least a miniscule chance at victory.

Also, I called the OHSAA, and should Wheelersberg go 10-0, they are cancelling the Division 5 playoffs and just awarding the state championship trophy to the Pirates. The weaklings from Coldwater have agreed.

Burg fans do not have to say one word the Burg Team results speak for themselves, if someone says that The Burg is going to win by 2 to 4 touchdowns than they are arrogant. LOL.... Waverly is a good Team, tomorrow night will define how good they are and how good this Burg Team is.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Sources are telling me that waverly quarter back got hurt last night in practice and won't play

Return to “Football”