RIDE OR DIE !

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County 20 - 21 Nelsonville-York 2022

Post by Run baby run »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:11 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:29 pm
I wouldn’t be shocked if nothing happens. I heard from someone he’s also a state highway patrolman. If I were the coach I would get guys like that far away from my program. Sounds like thats the kinda environment they entertain though
Where's the discipline and who is in control of that?
I would assume the head coach could just let him go or it could go up to the athletic director or school board. I saw a post on the vc football Facebook page that it’s already been addressed but I don’t know what they decided
I was told that VC let him go right after they were made aware of the video. I was also told the the State highway patrol fired him for conduct unbecoming.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Well ya know the saying…. Play stupid games win stupid prizes…

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

A little clarity...

First, a little self-disclosure, I was born in Nelsonville, at Mount St. Mary's, me and Sarah Jessica Parker. My only brush with stardom.

The individual involved was a state patrolman. He had medically retired based on a shoulder or arm injury earlier this year. He was a volunteer and his duties were that of equipment manager. I know him, and I know him well. I haven't spoken with him about this incident, but I am sure that he is embarrassed by it. Because, in my opinion, he would be the last person I would think of to do something like this. And not to make excuses, but you never know what goes through a person's mind during the heat of competition. The incident has been handled and the Vikings are, as of right now, without an equipment manager. At some point, he will make his contrition and move on. But I get it, it is easy and maybe fun to sling mud right now at Vinton County. Let me remind you of John 8:7.

Finally, there is no convicted murderer on the sideline. I believe the person to which you refer was in the stands. In fact, I am not sure that he was convicted, I would have to do the research. But if it is the person I am thinking of, he was in a fight in Athens, to where he was defending himself, and unfortunately, another person died.

But, lets not let facts get in the way of you guys taking your shots and only (big word alert) exacerbating the situation.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

It was one of the best tackles for VC all night.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I got the score right- 21-20, but I had VC winning. Great game....VC coach or coaches lost this game-- the 2nd half they made no adjustments--give credit to Nelsonville and staff they did. Good clean game by the players-- how the saying goes--Can't fix stupid-- don't hold all of VC in the same light as 1 stupid adult.. He was delt with quickly--- Good look to Nelsonville in the playoffs--make the TVC Ohio Proud!!!!!

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:41 pm Just watched the video wow, guy should be fired immediately.
what time in the video is it i can't find it, just an outsider wanting the to see what happened

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

If a grown man trips a high school player, is that considered assault? Before you laugh and make jokes ask this,
What of that was your son?

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

So your “friend” messed up and ya throw a Bible verse in there to cover you pretty much taking up for him? Miss me with that bs. Dudes a grown man who chose to trip a child. Grow the eff up!!

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Assault charge should be looked at. This isn’t the first incident with this staff.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

buckeyes05 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:38 pm So your “friend” messed up and ya throw a Bible verse in there to cover you pretty much taking up for him? Miss me with that bs. Dudes a grown man who chose to trip a child. Grow the eff up!!
My only regret is that I didn’t have the time to get on here before he did and ask how long it would be before Hawkeyepierce came on here and justified this. I knew he couldn’t help himself. But what can we expect from someone who considers exacerbating to be a “big word”? 😂

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:36 pm If a grown man trips a high school player, is that considered assault? Before you laugh and make jokes ask this,
What of that was your son?
They'd have bigger issues on the sideline that a grown man tripping a player, if that were my son. Especially if that person on the sidelines was permitted to stay there.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:15 pm
buckeyes05 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:38 pm So your “friend” messed up and ya throw a Bible verse in there to cover you pretty much taking up for him? Miss me with that bs. Dudes a grown man who chose to trip a child. Grow the eff up!!
My only regret is that I didn’t have the time to get on here before he did and ask how long it would be before Hawkeyepierce came on here and justified this. I knew he couldn’t help himself. But what can we expect from someone who considers exacerbating to be a “big word”? 😂
There’s been a ground buck sighting! Good to see you on the thread. It’s boring without you.

There is no way to justify a grown “man” trying to trip and injure a high school player. Fortunately it didn’t happen and 88 kept his composure. That’s a reflection of the culture they teach at NY. Clearly not the case at VC.

Oh well I guess karma has a way of making things even. I don’t know if any other “coach of the year” guys could mismanage a game like the vikings did at the end. :mrgreen:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

First, I never justified anything. In fact, I said; "...not making excuses..." Secondly, as a Vinton Countian, I am embarrassed. And trust me, this is reverberating throughout this county. Next, I have never used this forum to bash a school, a community, a coach, and/or player. I have been on this forum since February 2005, almost 18 years, and you won't find it. However, I have taken shots at Jackson for their pretentiousness, but not one individual. But most of that was tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, is seems to be so readily available now. And as far at the bible verse, I was merely pointing out we all have had issues, especially dealing with football. Remind me, wasn't too long ago that Nelsonville-York had a football coach belittling players so much that he was let go mid-season and another punching other people out. We all live in glass houses, so grow up by not judging us, until you can claim perfection. :roll:

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:42 pm First, I never justified anything. In fact, I said; "...not making excuses..." Secondly, as a Vinton Countian, I am embarrassed. And trust me, this is reverberating throughout this county. Next, I have never used this forum to bash a school, a community, a coach, and/or player. I have been on this forum since February 2005, almost 18 years, and you won't find it. However, I have taken shots at Jackson for their pretentiousness, but not one individual. But most of that was tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, is seems to be so readily available now. And as far at the bible verse, I was merely pointing out we all have had issues, especially dealing with football. Remind me, wasn't too long ago that Nelsonville-York had a football coach belittling players so much that he was let go mid-season and another punching other people out. We all live in glass houses, so grow up by not judging us, until you can claim perfection. :roll:
I’m all in on Jackson being pretentious but I must also say that no one on here has a more pretentious way of posting than you do.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:42 pm First, I never justified anything. In fact, I said; "...not making excuses..." Secondly, as a Vinton Countian, I am embarrassed. And trust me, this is reverberating throughout this county. Next, I have never used this forum to bash a school, a community, a coach, and/or player. I have been on this forum since February 2005, almost 18 years, and you won't find it. However, I have taken shots at Jackson for their pretentiousness, but not one individual. But most of that was tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, is seems to be so readily available now. And as far at the bible verse, I was merely pointing out we all have had issues, especially dealing with football. Remind me, wasn't too long ago that Nelsonville-York had a football coach belittling players so much that he was let go mid-season and another punching other people out. We all live in glass houses, so grow up by not judging us, until you can claim perfection. :roll:
I seem to remember a certain someone claiming to be “embarrassed” by the player of the year selected in girls basketball last year. If I remember correctly the coaches who voted for that player were bashed pretty harshly. In fact many posters felt the original post by said basher was bashing the player too. Anyone remember who that “embarrassed” bashing poster was?

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:51 pm
I’m all in on Jackson being pretentious but I must also say that no one on here has a more pretentious way of posting than you do.
😂😂😂

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

John 8:7 - "Let anyone of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
I surely hope there are grown men or women on this site that can throw that stone. I have never tripped/assaulted, put my hands on an opposing teams player during the game. Or any other teenager/student at any time for that matter.
Not being perfect doesn't fit this situation.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

As far as the TVC voting, you better check your sources. I never bashed anyone. I said the voting was a joke and yes, I was embarrassed by the process in which they reached the results. Never said one disparaging remark about an individual, especially, a kid.

There is a reason why I have less than 1600 post in 18 years. I would like to think I use this forum as intended; promote the positive attributes/events of our community, congratulate others for their success, and defend my home. And somewhere along the way, provide a little humor.

If it is pretentious to articulate a cogent argument with proper grammar and punctuation, I am guilty. But please remember, I graduated from Vinton County.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:22 pm As far as the TVC voting, you better check your sources. I never bashed anyone. I said the voting was a joke and yes, I was embarrassed by the process in which they reached the results. Never said one disparaging remark about an individual, especially, a kid.

There is a reason why I have less than 1600 post in 18 years. I would like to think I use this forum as intended; promote the positive attributes/events of our community, congratulate others for their success, and defend my home. And somewhere along the way, provide a little humor.

If it is pretentious to articulate a cogent argument with proper grammar and punctuation, I am guilty. But please remember, I graduated from Vinton County.
I’ll assume that I’m not your favorite baseball player. It’s likely Ossee Schrenkengost

Return to “Football”