Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by MrFirstTake »

picking against ironton has not faired well well for them

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^I just noticed this, but when you click on the Ironton link he hasn't updated it since Nov 24 @ 7:15am and that's what I was referencing.

Anyway THANKS, I've been looking for this to come out!

And, now at 6:57pm, the Ironton page is updated.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:56 am And send kirtland back to Youngstown area bruised and battered. GO Tigers!!! Congrats on making it to Canton.
Kirtland is in Lake County Ohio. One county directly East of Cleveland located on Lake Erie.

Ok....I lived there in Portage County and for some reason was thinking of Warren. Thanks for clarifying that. Totally off topic and game. But is Warren where Maurice Clarret came from?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:05 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:56 am And send kirtland back to Youngstown area bruised and battered. GO Tigers!!! Congrats on making it to Canton.
Kirtland is in Lake County Ohio. One county directly East of Cleveland located on Lake Erie.

Ok....I lived there in Portage County and for some reason was thinking of Warren. Thanks for clarifying that. Totally off topic and game. But is Warren where Maurice Clarret came from?
Mo C was originally from Austintown, but transferred to Warren Harding. Warren is the home of Boom Herron and Mario Mannigham.

SpeedKillz

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirkland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by SpeedKillz »

Dandy Don wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 am
scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm

WTH? burg Eastwood game :lol:
Congrats to Ironton for making it to Canton awesome job definitely the best team in the area this year. But IMO the 2017 Burg team was a better team than this year's Ironton team Burg had to face much stiffer competition to win state But Kirtland is really good and if Ironton beats them and wins state I might just change my mind but I doubt it. Good luck to the fighting Tigers hope you guys win state
Burg people trying to insert themselves into this Ironton discussion is priceless.
The transition to irrelevance is difficult sometimes.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Pasteur has Kirtland as a 10 point favorite at a 73% certainty of winning. CalPreps has them projected as the winner. Yappi is heavy for Kirtland. That’s overwhelming......................... Just the facts.

The parochial view here is suffering from that SEO inferiority complex again. And for good reason.

Have gun, will travel
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'll bring them up again, but with good reason and relevance; two years ago, Wheelersburg was not favored in the state championship simply because they were from SEO. Ironton will win this game because of SEO brand of football and toughness. Kirtland isn't ready.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Any Burg fan on here talking crap about Ironton I suggest you go to page 34 on this football forum and open up the thread Burg vs. Eastwood. You’ll read nothing but praise and good luck and well wishes from schools from all over with a lot of Tigers fans as well, so if you are a true Burg fan cut out the crap and let’s keep this thread positive for the Tigers.

Kirtland will be tough but not sure they’ve faced a team that is just as physical as them.

Good luck Tigers from this Burg fan!! Go up and remind them just how strong SEO football is. If we don’t back each other then we will never get any respect

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

swamisez wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm Its hard for me to imagine Kirtland offense of line moving the defense around like what I saw on film. They are very sound in their technique for sure, but if Ironton subs at the interior and scrapes the ends with linebackers, I honestly don’t know what they’d do to move the ball? I saw no indication of being able to get the ball out in space?

Maybe they have some variations but? Anyone seen something vertical?
They don't have to, they run it and run it well. They'll run it 50 times a game, like I've said they've played with the likes of Coldwater, Maria Stein and Minster in the playoffs do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the film. If you're not a coach and you're just a fan watching you probably won't be impressed but there's a reason for their success, there's a reason they run it 50 times a game and everyone knows it yet they keep winning and winning big. They're a team that wins the LOS every week. They don't care about vertical they're more than happy clipping off 4-5-6 yard runs and just wearing you out to the point it turns into 10-15 yard runs by the 3rd quarter. Everyone gets caught up in the new offenses and how can someone move the ball if they don't do this or this. Lutz as many of you Ironton faithful will remember didn't have some huge playbook he believed in running plays and executing at the highest level, Tom Redman back in the day with Waverly same way. Those coaches took the old adage of if you can't stop it why am I going to call something else and stop it for you, and that is what Kirtland does. They run it and run it well why am I going to get cute and try to go outside or throw verticals when I can drive it down your throat. Just the facts

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:31 pm Pasteur has Kirtland as a 10 point favorite at a 73% certainty of winning. CalPreps has them projected as the winner. Yappi is heavy for Kirtland. That’s overwhelming......................... Just the facts.

The parochial view here is suffering from that SEO inferiority complex again. And for good reason.
You should watch the game. Ironton is actually the real deal. The QB is committed to YSU. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carrico wins Mr. Football next year. He’s going to Ohio State

Also Ridgewood week 12 and Gallia week 9 were picked to beat Ironton :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:31 pm Pasteur has Kirtland as a 10 point favorite at a 73% certainty of winning. CalPreps has them projected as the winner. Yappi is heavy for Kirtland. That’s overwhelming......................... Just the facts.

You should watch the game. Ironton is actually the real deal. The QB is committed to YSU. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carrico wins Mr. Football next year. He’s going to Ohio State

Also Ridgewood week 12 and Gallia week 9 were picked to beat Ironton :lol:
Just save your typing for someone else, he's just another NEO that looks down his nose at anything from SEO and that's just the facts. Regardless of the outcome he'll never give any SEO team credit and the entire state of Ohio and OHSAA should bow down to the greatness that is NEO football and help push them forward no matter the reason. We've all seen his post over the years, this is typically when he shows up. There's times he brings good points to a talk but it's done with backhanded compliments or digs each and every time. Just needs ignored as I'm sure he probably lumps in Ridgewood and West Jeff into SEO football since that's the only way they could've possibly lost to the likes of a lowly river team because no self respecting team at or above the 70 line could dare lose to someone from SEO.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I really don't think that any team ever really goes into any game thinking that they are going to make mental mistakes, have turnovers, commit penalties, or have other negative things occur. At this time of the season every team that you play are here for a reason. There's no doubt in my mind that the Tigers have the Talent to win it all, they just need to be super focused and play as clean a game as they possibly can. I'm sure the Tiger coaches will have them prepared. We all know that Kirtland will not give them anything, the Tigers will have to go out and take it. Go Tigers.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Two great teams in this one. I really think this game will come down to turnovers. Oak Harbor actually matched up well against Kirtland and did well defensively, but they had 3 turnovers that Kirtland turned into 21 points. If Ironton can play (relatively) clean like they did against West Jefferson, they have a good shot.

Some of the posts on here about blowing out Kirtland are laughable. Anyone who has seen Kirtland play knows they are the real deal. They are solid in the trenches (always have outstanding linemen, no fat boys) and they don't beat themselves. I expect a close game.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:13 pm
swamisez wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm Its hard for me to imagine Kirtland offense of line moving the defense around like what I saw on film. They are very sound in their technique for sure, but if Ironton subs at the interior and scrapes the ends with linebackers, I honestly don’t know what they’d do to move the ball? I saw no indication of being able to get the ball out in space?

Maybe they have some variations but? Anyone seen something vertical?
They don't have to, they run it and run it well. They'll run it 50 times a game, like I've said they've played with the likes of Coldwater, Maria Stein and Minster in the playoffs do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the film. If you're not a coach and you're just a fan watching you probably won't be impressed but there's a reason for their success, there's a reason they run it 50 times a game and everyone knows it yet they keep winning and winning big. They're a team that wins the LOS every week. They don't care about vertical they're more than happy clipping off 4-5-6 yard runs and just wearing you out to the point it turns into 10-15 yard runs by the 3rd quarter. Everyone gets caught up in the new offenses and how can someone move the ball if they don't do this or this. Lutz as many of you Ironton faithful will remember didn't have some huge playbook he believed in running plays and executing at the highest level, Tom Redman back in the day with Waverly same way. Those coaches took the old adage of if you can't stop it why am I going to call something else and stop it for you, and that is what Kirtland does. They run it and run it well why am I going to get cute and try to go outside or throw verticals when I can drive it down your throat. Just the facts
Kirtland's coach said the other day in a post-game interview that if his team has the lead, then they don't throw the football. He'd rather run three times and punt. He has a very Woody Hayes type of philosophy when it comes to his offense.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tackle well and don’t turn the ball over ironton will be fine

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

So much ball control and defense in this game I say the first to 21 wins

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

No more Ironton bashing . State championship games for teams in our area are rare please don’t ruin it by arguring all week. We all share our passion for high school football and anytime we can stick to a team up north in the post season it’s fun for everyone. After this week we can post on next years teams and debate all you want. If you just can’t help yourself just don’t post.

Go Tigers !!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good recap of the Kirtland -VS- Oak Harbor Game.

I like Ironton being the underdog!

Go get Them Tigers.

They even used “eye of the tiger”for background music!

Go get THEM!!!!

https://youtu.be/dhWkNIfajns
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They are well prepared, respectful of their foes, & expect to win.

Go get THEM!!!

Gotigersgo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/rCsZuMei06c

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm going with 21-14 Ironton. Carrico is the difference here. Good luck Tigers. Bring another trophy south.

Return to “Football”