Re: Week 2 - Russell, KY 0 Ironton 10

Post by LucasDavenport »

Sounds like a good hard-fought win.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 pm Sounds like a good hard-fought win.
Hard fought battle in the Trenches all night.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

It was an unbelievable defensive battle! The pads were cracking here in Orlando!

Ironton May have been a little flat, but Russell was 2nd best team Ironton has played this year!!!

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

Ironton is good but I think they were hyped up a little too much. Still gonna be a struggle to win the OVC.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Congratulations, tigers!

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

A struggle to win the OVC. Russell and Burg are better than every team with the exception of Portsmouth and Gallia. Not sure exactly how good they are. Possible losses are Ashland, Gallia, and Portsmouth. The other OVC teams are down. Minford crushed Rock Hill and Coal Grove. Oak Hill smashed Chesapeake. South Point lost its opener. Fairland looks ok. Ironton best defense in the Tri-State. If the offense gets its legs, it could be a nice playoff run.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Offense needs to gel.
Pass Game emerges tonight.
Russell D was STRONG!
Ironton Facing toughest tests first few weeks, IMHO!
Stay healthy, offense consistency, & string d this early will make a strong tiger team!!!
Great coaching by #PenTon

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Russel be a handful in KY playoffs

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Knew this would be more physical than week 1. Glad we held on. What a game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

tigerfan98 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm A struggle to win the OVC. Russell and Burg are better than every team with the exception of Portsmouth and Gallia. Not sure exactly how good they are. Possible losses are Ashland, Gallia, and Portsmouth. The other OVC teams are down. Minford crushed Rock Hill and Coal Grove. Oak Hill smashed Chesapeake. South Point lost its opener. Fairland looks ok. Ironton best defense in the Tri-State. If the offense gets its legs, it could be a nice playoff run.
No big deal, but Chesapeake smashed Oak Hill. I will really be surprised if Oak Hill wins 1 game this year. There Head Coach of the past few years could see the handwriting on the wall, and got out while the gettin was good.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I was watching live on phone. Have a question. Was that TD good or did he drop it before being down in end zone? It was hard to see. Anyways I told a friend that I was Ironton after both team held each other a few time on downs in red zone I would kick the 3 because how the defense was playing that might be enough!! That 3 held up until few minutes left in game.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 pm Knew this would be more physical than week 1. Glad we held on. What a game.
Truly was an astonishing D battle.

#PenTon played master chess tonight!

Ironton has very strong key players everywhere!
Some1 steps up when I least expect t out of them!
Noah Anderson is a beast!
# 2 Junior Jones with second Interception In almost same spot against burg! WOW!
Salyers shows why he’s div1 recruit!
Carrico starting to flex!
Wow! Wow! Wow!

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

tigerfan98 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm A struggle to win the OVC. Russell and Burg are better than every team with the exception of Portsmouth and Gallia. Not sure exactly how good they are. Possible losses are Ashland, Gallia, and Portsmouth. The other OVC teams are down. Minford crushed Rock Hill and Coal Grove. Oak Hill smashed Chesapeake. South Point lost its opener. Fairland looks ok. Ironton best defense in the Tri-State. If the offense gets its legs, it could be a nice playoff run.
Best defense in the Tri-State??? A little full of yourself aye? 2 games into the season and you come up with that, wow!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 pm It was an unbelievable defensive battle! The pads were cracking here in Orlando!

Ironton May have been a little flat, but Russell was 2nd best team Ironton has played this year!!!
Not to start one but how do you figure Burg was better than Russell? Russell would steam roll Burg this year. Russell has a darn good football team. Their defense is VERY good. They swarm every play. They're very fast. Ironton worked dog gone hard to to win this game. Best let out a sigh of relief to have a w in the books
Last edited by kantucky on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Blue/92 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:29 am
Best defense in the Tri-State??? A little full of yourself aye? 2 games into the season and you come up with that, wow!
I’d say, it’s an in pointe statement.
Ironton’s D Is legit.

Burg, scored on a long broken play via run TD.

Russell, who has over 90 points in 2 games, couldn’t t score on Ironton.

Russell was 1st & goal from the 4 & Ironton’s D held them!

I’ll take Ironton’s D anytime until someone exposes it and my observation and posting of these facts as of week 2!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:06 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 pm It was an unbelievable defensive battle! The pads were cracking here in Orlando!

Not to start one but how do you figure Burg was better than Russell? Russell would steam roll Burg this year. Russell has a darn good football team. Their defense is VERY good. They swarm every play. They're very fast. Ironton worked dog gone hard to to win this game. Best let out a sigh of relief to have a w in the books
Sorry TUCK! That was my brain and fingers not typing and thinking in sync!

I meant Russell was the best team of Ironton’s two opponents to this point! I just got it twisted!

Russell was very impressive and this game coulda bounced either way.

PenTon called a good game for the tigers & the skill of Ironton players won the game!

Russell’s D was superior to burg and so was their offense by tons! Conley was an offensive beast & Russell is better than they’ve been in a long time ago!

My first cousin was a standout at Russell years ago, still lives there, & I always back them!

No disrespect meant! Just a complete typo!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I believe Russell returns a lot next year too, they'll be hard to beat next year as well.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:26 am I believe Russell returns a lot next year too, they'll be hard to beat next year as well.
They do. They also have some strong seniors.

They have the upper hand in returning quarterback experience.
Ironton D is gonna be fierce for a while too.

Next year Ironton D will still be very strong!

Carrico, Jones, Anderson, to name a few return for Ironton!

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Tough win. Came down to a couple plays and was anyones game almost wire to wire. Made my eyes get even bigger when I think about Irontons 1st journey away from home in 2 weeks vs Ashland. IMHO these two Kentucky teams may very well be the two most legitimate team on Irontons schedule. No disrespect to any one else. If you have eyes thus far - Ironton played a considerably more sound and stable team in week 2 in comparison to week one. Even if arguably someone would want to assert Burg as the more talented team of the two - Russell is healthier and have an identity and they execute. I'd caution anyone who automatically wants to judge any teams capability based on how good you THINK a team is or might be. We saw a better team tonight.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:59 am Tough win. Came down to a couple plays and was anyones game almost wire to wire. Made my eyes get even bigger when I think about Irontons 1st journey away from home in 2 weeks vs Ashland. IMHO these two Kentucky teams may very well be the two most legitimate team on Irontons schedule. No disrespect to any one else. If you have eyes thus far - Ironton played a considerably more sound and stable team in week 2 in comparison to week one. Even if arguably someone would want to assert Burg as the more talented team of the two - Russell is healthier and have an identity and they execute. I'd caution anyone who automatically wants to judge any teams capability based on how good you THINK a team is or might be. We saw a better team tonight.
Much tougher game than week 1. I knew they wouldn’t quit.

Return to “Football”