why is Burg not on list of all time wins lost?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: why is Burg not on list of all time wins lost?

Post by noreply66 »

formerfcfan wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Jottings should go Gallia's. Army should know Chillicothe's, boilermaker should know Wellston's
God bless Jottings, someone needs to teach him how to get on here. He's still on the previous version of the board.
He is a member on here ---joined 12/11/15--even has 86 post

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Jottings should go Gallia's. Army should know Chillicothe's, boilermaker should know Wellston's
God bless Jottings, someone needs to teach him how to get on here. He's still on the previous version of the board.
He is a member on here ---joined 12/11/15--even has 86 post
Yea, but he posts almost everything on the old board........
I guess he prefers that no one reads his stuff lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I KNOW JOTTINGS PERSONALLY AND HAVE WENT TO A COUPLE OF GAMES WITH HIM, HE'S A WONDERFUL PERSON.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

8332 Granite St wrote:http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/records/ftteam.htm#TMWA

Looking at the all time wins and lost records Burg is not included but if they was I count over 700 wins not including this year...which means they should be in the top 5 most in wins in state.
We need to get Burg added on the list but I think someone high up would have to submit it?
Any reason why were not on there or any thoughts?

You'd better learn how to count! Burg hasn't even played 700 games, and you come posting like there is some big conspiracy here that Burg is not getting their due credit????

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Pol pot wrote:

Looking at the all time wins and lost records Burg is not included but if they was I count over 700 wins not including this year...which means they should be in the top 5 most in wins in state.
We need to get Burg added on the list but I think someone high up would have to submit it?

You'd better learn how to count! Burg hasn't even played 700 games, and you come posting like there is some big conspiracy here that Burg is not getting their due credit????
I noticed that and corrected it. They have won 482 games and lost 174 since 1956. Other teams on here has a longer history dating back to 1912.
You want to be a smart guy lets tally up wins and lost and see what teams has best winning percentage....I BET BURG IS HIGH ON THAT LIST.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

What year did Wheelersburg start football? I thought I read once about games in the 1930's. The all time record between Burg and Oak Hill in the Oak Hill program lists more games being played than burgfan.com which leads me to believe that Burg did have football before 1956.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

I just noticed that burgfan.com has a list of former coaches that goes as far back as 1930. Also they have season by season records beginning in 1953.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Pol pot wrote:

You'd better learn how to read. The dude made a mistake, already admitted they made a mistake and apologized for it. Read the whole thread before you fire away lol

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

You'd better learn how to read. The dude made a mistake, already admitted they made a mistake and apologized for it. Read the whole thread before you fire away lol
Careful Stan! You're addressing chamber pot, someone who is well known on this site for a lack of cognitive ability. :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Crab's Brother wrote:I'm gonna guess Wheelersburg didn't play varsity football before 1956. That is right around the time most of the county schools started playing. I know Valley was 1958. I think Minford was 1959. So if that is how far back the program goes, I would bet that is the history of the team.
I think West was 1955 or close around there as well Crab.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

Careful Stan! You're addressing chamber pot, someone who is well known on this site for a lack of cognitive ability. :lol: :lol:
Oops :D

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Stan, you are not the one who made the original claim of 700 wins which is what I was responding to. Funny how you got offended to me correcting someone else's post of non-factual information. Fact, Burg has not played 700 games, much less won 700.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Pol pot wrote:Stan, you are not the one who made the original claim of 700 wins which is what I was responding to. Funny how you got offended to me correcting someone else's post of non-factual information. Fact, Burg has not played 700 games, much less won 700.
The original poster already addressed said erroneous information before you were compelled to get on this thread and blow up all over yourself Poo Pot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

OP,

In your estimation how many wins have they lost? :mrgreen:

Who has lost the most wins all time? :mrgreen:

I wonder if they have a stat for the all time leaders of teams that have snatched losses from the jaws of victory? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Burg definitely had Varsity football back in the 30s and 40s.

They were a part of the "Big Six" conference of largely Scioto County schools:

New Boston Glenwood
Portsmouth Central Catholic (now Notre Dame, I think?)
Sciotoville
Wheelerburg
Oak Hill
Waverly

The league formed in the early '30s. New Boston was a member of both the "Big Six" and the SEOAL until 1936.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote:I'll have to make a trip to the library. Would OHSAA count games against college teams?
OHSAA will count whatever you send them, to be honest.

I helped submit Logan's stuff to the OHSAA. I did not count anything pre-1912 because I have incomplete records. I have nothing at all for the 1910 and 1911 seasons and I think nothing before 1905? I'm pretty sure Logan's first team was 1898 but I can't find any scores for 1898-1904.

For Logan's records I did not count games against colleges, alumni, or non-high school teams. I did count a couple games that Logan considered "JV" that were played against other school's Varsity teams (a couple games against smaller county schools).

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I encourage anyone who has the time to hit the local library and research the history of their schools.

Myself and my buddy Jesco (god rest his soul) did this several years back and learned everything about Valley football. It was a tough time, but rewarding as well. I miss those times and wish I could spend some more time researching with my friend.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Don't have the exact numbers, but Portsmouth HS has accumulated around 570 wins in its history, and unfortunately haven't added much to that total in the last 15 years. The overall record is around 570-400.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Oaf wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Stan, you are not the one who made the original claim of 700 wins which is what I was responding to. Funny how you got offended to me correcting someone else's post of non-factual information. Fact, Burg has not played 700 games, much less won 700.
The original poster already addressed said erroneous information before you were compelled to get on this thread and blow up all over yourself Poo Pot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Correcting the erroneous post would be to remove the entire thing, the entire theme of the post was BS with faulty information.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pol pot wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Correcting the erroneous post would be to remove the entire thing, the entire theme of the post was BS with faulty information.
The point is, that he caught his own mistake and said so a few posts down.
Now everyone let it go and move on.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”