OVC 2009

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Re: OVC '09

Post by OVCfan32 »

So I think this could be another 2 team playoff year in the ovc. . . no one is going to make any damage. . .but i think we have some pretty avg teams. . . we have not been on par. . but i think the league is this year

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

OVC 2009 final standings
1. Coal Grove
2. South Point
3. Chesapeake
4. River Valley
5. Rock Hill
6. Fairland

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

While we're waiting on the 2009 OVC Football Season, I thought it might be cool to take a quick glance back over the the past 10 years in conference wins and losses for current OVC teams (1999 - 2008):

Chesapeake (36-11) - 5 OVC Championships [all outright]

South Point (30-17) - 4 OVC Championships [2 shared]

Rock Hill (23-24) - 1 OVC Championship [outright]

Coal Grove (20-27) - 2 OVC Championships [both shared]

Fairland (20-27) - 1 OVC Championship [shared]

River Valley [member since '02] (6-29)

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

WitnessProtection wrote:OVC 2009 final standings
1. Coal Grove
2. South Point
3. Chesapeake
4. River Valley
5. Rock Hill
6. Fairland

so the team that tied for the ovc last year is gunna come in last now??...come on please!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Fairland will win at least two conference games.

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

fuzzhead wrote:Fairland will win at least two conference games.

I hope you are right about this too fuzz.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove fans,

I've looked back at the records of the past 5 years (since the return of Big Dad) and I think you're going to like what I've found. Over the past 5 seasons, Coal Grove has more overall wins and OVC wins than any other team in the conference. Coal Grove is also the only team in the OVC to go that whole span of time without finishing with a losing record. Congrats to all the players, past and present, on helping to make Coal Grove Football something special again. And congrats to Coach Lucas on showing once more why he's one of the greats, taking a program that was in shambles to the top of the conference once again!

Combined OVC records (2004-2008)

1. Coal Grove (17-8) [2 OVC Championships]

2. South Point (16-9) [3 OVC Championships, 1 outright]

3. Chesapeake (15-10) [1 OVC Championship - outright]

4. Rock Hill (13-12) [1 OVC Championship - outright]

5. Fairland (13-17) [1 OVC Championship]

6. River Valley (2-23)

Combined overall OVC regular season records (2004-2008):

1. Coal Grove (32-17)

2. Chesapeake/Rock Hill (25-25)

3. South Point (24-26)

4. Fairland (16-33)

5. River Valley (8-42)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove's record against individual OVC opponents (2004-2008):

v. Chesapeake, 2-3 (.400) [won last two]

v. South Point, 3-2 (.600) [won last two]

v. Rock Hill, 4-1 (.800) [won last 3]

v. Fairland, 3-2 (.600) [lost last 2]

v. River Valley, 5-0 (1.000)

Totals: 17-8 (.680)

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I believe I know the answer to this question, but I want to make 100% sure....

Even though the new RV will be at Bidwell, they will continue playing at the current field at Cheshire, correct?

;-) Nothing like your football field being 20 minutes away from your brand new school! lol

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I have a few questions, then. 1st, when will the new RV school be built? 2nd, what will the old school be used for? Lastly, will there ever be a new field?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I'll try and answer those questions fuzzhead!

1. It is being built right now, and will be completed in June. It will open this fall for the new school year.

2. I have no clue what will happen with the old RV.

3. Yes, but it will probably be several years before it is built.

So this fall, even though the new RV will be open, RV/opponents will still have to go up to Cheshire for football games.

Hope that helps!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

So technically, RV will play all their games on the road this year. :lol: Well, I'm really glad they finally got a new school. There's no sense of those kids having to go to school up there in the shadows of that power plant.
Which parts of Gallia County are considered to be part of the RV school district?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Technically.....yes, all road games! :-D

Yes, I think that the location of the new RV is a much better place for the kids.

RV is the Bidwell/Vinton area (which is where the new school is), and the Cheshire-Kyger area.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Is there a specific set of townships that comprise the district?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The new facility will primarily serve the former Kyger Creek and North Gallia Districts. Those living in the former Hannan Trace District will attend South Gallia and the Southwestern District is up in the air. At the onset of the construction, it appears that the SW attendance area was told (confirmed in the minutes) that they would be able to choose between the two schools. At a recent meeting, the Board seemed to indicate that the SW students would be sent to the South Gallia site due to a perceived lack of space at the new RV facility. RV is going to be 9-12 with a seperate Middle and SG is 7-12. The SW people are not in agreement and there is a yet-to-be scheduled special meeting to clarify the matter. If the Board mandates the SW to SG rule, then a line just south of US 35 would the easiest explanation, although not exact.

As I said before, plan your work and work your plan.

earp
S

Post by earp »

God what a train wreck! :roll:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Lets change the subject. . . it's getting depressing 8)

What's the attitude up there about the upcoming football season? Is River Valley going to compete in the OVC this year? They won their first conference game since 04 last year. Hopefully things are trully on the upswing. . .

earp
S

Post by earp »

Agreed Fuzz! :mrgreen: Fairland has made some improvements on their satdium in the past few weeks,The main stadium has a brand new roof and I hear they are out shopping for aluminum bleachers! :mrgreen:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Although I am not involved like I was in the past, I drive by there every night on my way home. I see that there seems to be quite a bit of activity, particularly in the weight room.

They are organized earlier than ever before. If they do not do well, it will not be from a lack of trying. I think that the attitude is improving. Their baseball team is much improved and I think that if they keep on the same path, they should compete during the football season. There is an organization working to raise funds for a sports facility although I do not know where they stand at this point. I think after one or two years of travel to Cheshire for games, etc. that they will find a way to construct a field.

Once the smoke clears and RV is situated, I feel confident that they will come out of their past problems. As with all schools, they have athletes and ability. From the outside looking in, they appear to be devoting the time to develop their resources moreso than in the past.

I wish them success in the upcoming season.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

sandman wrote:The new facility will primarily serve the former Kyger Creek and North Gallia Districts. Those living in the former Hannan Trace District will attend South Gallia and the Southwestern District is up in the air. At the onset of the construction, it appears that the SW attendance area was told (confirmed in the minutes) that they would be able to choose between the two schools. At a recent meeting, the Board seemed to indicate that the SW students would be sent to the South Gallia site due to a perceived lack of space at the new RV facility. RV is going to be 9-12 with a seperate Middle and SG is 7-12. The SW people are not in agreement and there is a yet-to-be scheduled special meeting to clarify the matter. If the Board mandates the SW to SG rule, then a line just south of US 35 would the easiest explanation, although not exact.

As I said before, plan your work and work your plan.

first of all sandman... i agree with your last comment.... "plan your work and work your plan" that makes too much sense though.

perhaps you could explain this sandman...
ht, kc, ng and sw were consolidated for the 92-93 school year. although not what any of them wanted it seemed as though this decision was accepted by the kc, ng and sw attendence areas. the only area seeming to not accept this decision was the ht area. after 4-5 yrs or so the former ht building was reopened as sg. at this time students from sw area were allowed the option of attending either rv or sg and were told they would always have that option.

what has happened is that those students in the sw area have basically been pushed to the sg area.... i will cut this short because i could go on and on with this.

My question is: WHY is the sw area considered part of the sg attendence area?

Return to “Football”