Athens Bulldog Football ... Still living the dream of 2003

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Athens Bulldog Football ... Still living the dream of 2003

Post by 93Bulldog »

It took me quite awhile, but I think I have finally found where all my huddle adversaries had run off to. I've been reading over some threads, like the Gallia/Athens one, and noticed some familiar names. Gahs 4 ever, biggdowgg (if that's my old pal from Portsmouth) and god-for-bid, 2Old is still posting and still arguing with all his buddies from Gallia ...lol

Just to let my pals from the old "huddle" days know; Good old 93Dog may be getting ready to make a comeback!

I still think it's 2003 though, or maybe I just want it to still be 2003, The Bulldogs' last year of respectability.

But just like the 2008 bulldogs, who now have a superb head coach and a quality coaching staff, I see some vast improvements coming. Maybe not this season, in terms of wins and losses, but soon. But improved attitude and performance by it's players this year is definitely not out of the question.

BTW ... Any reports of 93bulldog being completely washed off the face of the earth are completely false .. The ol dog is living well and fine.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens Bulldog Football ... Still living the dream of 2003

Post by 93Bulldog »

One measly post, that's it?

What about the 15,000+ I had on jjhuddle? Can I petition to have those transfered or what? :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT POST.

3x2
Waterboy

Post by 3x2 »

ALMOST 3 YEARS ONLY 22 NOW THATS SOME TYPING

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Welcome back Dog. You have missed Three years of Chieftain DOMINATION. Beyond that things are the same. I post the truth and keep the other guys honest.

Athens may have a chance against Gallia. The Gallia program is headed to where Athens has found itself the last few years. Kind of hard on those Gallia guys but heck someone has to live in the SEOAL basement. We just lost one of our tennants.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

WOW Dog....

I've tried tracking you down a couple of times. Good to see you back in the world of high school sports.

Your Bulldogs ought to have a chance to compete in the TVC, but probably not right away. Pfloyd is still over here as well, but I haven't seen Mrs. Humphreys (who now is Oak Hill) or DoubleDribble around for a long time.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I was told last night at the Jackson scrimmage that the Dog would be coming back. Glad to see that it's true!

Welcome back 93bulldog. How bout that Jackson-Athens game in 2003? One of the greatest high school football games I have ever seen.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Logan locos; glad to see your still out their livin the dream, my little 110 pound, soaking wet, purple buddy from up Rt 33. I kinda thought maybe an SEOAL rival from another school might have stuffed you in a trash can somewhere and forgot about ya. But, as I see from your posts, you are still alive and doing well. I believe I seen your dad not to long ago. He was sittin on a porch in Gallia, having a nice cold one, sharing stories about the good ol days with some blue devil fans.

Ironman02 ... Thanks a lot for bringing up the 2003 athens/jackson game, like my day hasn't already been a drag ... Haven't you graduated from college yet? I believe the 7 year plan are for doctors & lawers and such their buddy ...

:mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

haha. I just couldn't resist. I knew it was a painful memory for ya, but it truly was a great game.

Sounds like you've been talking to Mr. Wiseman. :-D

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Wow...GAHS-4-Ever and Jottings have been looking for 93 Bulldogs for 36 months...Understand you got hitched, thus the departure from the Huddle...Any little Bulldogs running around up there in University City?

Blue Devils hope to iron out a few problems before Friday. If not, it's gonna be a long night and long year for the Gallians.

Hope to see you in the pressbox Friday. As you may have heard, Odie won't be with us this year following his passing last March. He'll be there in spirit though.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93bulldog,,we have tried to track you down at the convo every year, even ask a few folks from Athens about you, some knew and remembered you, but said they have not seen you around for a long time,,something about you fell head over heels for one of the little lassies and got tied down :lol:

good to see you back, stay around a while, and we can hook up at the convo again this year, I expect to see my trojans back in athens for the next couple of years 8)

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Uh Oh we have a 93Bulldog sighting, Guess some Athens topics will finally be started.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All reports of the 'Dog' being tied down by a certain Lassie is totally false. (jottings) ... anyone else who have a theory to the where-abouts of 93 the past few years? How about deep, deep depression following the 2003 football season? I just couldn't take that Jackson game with a freshman soccer player actually beating us ... or Donnie Johnsons INT/ fumble recovery/ theivery/or whatever it was in the fog that night at Rutter field ...or that god awful night in Logan, 0-6 ... How do you have a division 1 football talent quarterbacking your team with good talent around him and not score a freakin TD??!! Arggghhhhh ....

Anyways ... they finally let me out of the crazy people home, so im able to post again. Hopefully, they won't find out im talking football or I might get the straight-jacket thrown over me and get sent back ... :mrgreen:

Biggdowgg - They actually let you monitor other posters? Wow, what a difference a few years makes ... lol

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We knew you would show up some day PUP. :lol:Also we missed the free pizza at the convo.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote:All reports of the 'Dog' being tied down by a certain Lassie is totally false. (jottings) ... anyone else who have a theory to the where-abouts of 93 the past few years? How about deep, deep depression following the 2003 football season? I just couldn't take that Jackson game with a freshman soccer player actually beating us ... or Donnie Johnsons INT/ fumble recovery/ theivery/or whatever it was in the fog that night at Rutter field ...or that god awful night in Logan, 0-6 ... How do you have a division 1 football talent quarterbacking your team with good talent around him and not score a freakin TD??!! Arggghhhhh ....

Anyways ... they finally let me out of the crazy people home, so im able to post again. Hopefully, they won't find out im talking football or I might get the straight-jacket thrown over me and get sent back ... :mrgreen:

Biggdowgg - They actually let you monitor other posters? Wow, what a difference a few years makes ... lol

they didnt want to but..not many others wanted any part of it. :mrgreen:

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

It is good to see you back on line Puppy. I sure have missed ribbing you the last couple of years. Best of luck to your team in the TVC.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

:-D Hi guys.
Both Dave and Coach Phillips have been on me for a while. They want me to get back to stirring you guys up!

Not really, I have not had a whole lot of time to get online--- been in the picture mode now for about 3 years.
Kent State baseball, SO Copperhead baseball, Keene New Hampshire Baseball Oaks CC, Oaks BB (girls and boys), track and softball.
I know, just an excuse! But Paul Boggs is a slave driver. I have been taking pics for the paper for a while now and love it. I started taking pics just for the parents and players- honing my skills in for when Jared and Jess are playing.
I just do not know that much about Jackson football since Jared left. He is still a true Ironman through and through and is respectful of our move to Oak Hill for sanity and for Jessica's future.

Now the Oaks- I am on full staff ! lol
I get to stay in touch with yet another former player turned coach....Mr. John Nicholson.

The Oaks are looking good, if I say so myself.

Jesse is back (but Pickle showed him up Friday! lol) Had to say that Slone. Had some good balls, but also forced a few (I will critic you all year Slone till I have you lookin like Joe Montana! (lol)

But really, with the loss of Mr. Drewbie (Cannon) the line has had to shift around a little and are getting more comfortable with each other.......WE MISS YOU DREW (Even though he is on the sidelines terrorizing everyone!)
The Super Sophomore class is coming along great. And with 12 seniors, I look for The Other Cannon to take charge along with JD Hale --
Chris Dupree looked really good Friday nite and must have had his wheaties. He was breaking tackles and pushing on hard. (maybe it was the haircut?)
Zach Haislop is back on the turf and speeding around - he will just need some time and confidence!

Joey Maynard and Weston Hale are lookin strong and Mr. Kuhn is back in uniform after a disappointing shoulder (collar bone break) injury.

I look for good things out of this team- the more they give the faster they will gel.

Be back in a few, gotta upload some pics from the Oaks fundraiser -party last night at the Oaks field

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

4thekids

good to see you and good to have you back.

93bulldog.

there is a PM box at the top of youre screen it works like a e mail...click on it :razz:

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Hi biggdowgg,

I can make no promises on how often I post, but I have been given the ok by Coach Phillips to get myself into trouble with my typing....lol

Jared is doing well and Jess is running CC. SHe is still up in the air about roundball, though.
I am trying to make her see that her contribution to the team might just be in practice and on the bench, but it is hard to go in knowing you have little chance of playing time. I am trying to explain that her speed and defense might be her only contribution and that playing time is earned, but giving all you have to a team game is done for the pride of your school, pride in your game and the team's quality.
Oh well, I have done what I can. She has been hanging with some very well behaved yet crazy kids, but all-in-all, they have been very good friends to Jess and she needed that.
She is more into playing softball and wants that to be her focus. Can't say I blame her, I loved softball and volleyball ( a sport I could not talk her into- but was my favorite - when I played for Waverly wayyyyyy back)
GO LADY OAKS!

Jared is coming off the Copperhead small ball season and is already back at Kent. He had an up and down season there, but to his credit he did dig back into his high school years and play some shortstop. He did fine there, but his offense struggled during the switch from Centerfield. He did end up around .290 and led SO with steals and diving defensive plays....lol

I did see bulldog at one of the games this summer and I almost fell over. Haven't seen much of anyone and it was good to talk to some of the oldtimers of Athens (gridiron glory guys, newspaper guys and all around dog and cat supporters)

We are still very proud of Jared's accomplishments at Jackson, and would not trade the time spent there during Jared's years for anything.
Things and times change and Jess really needed this new start.

I have to say a big HEY to Max and Travis (who would have thought Max would coach football? lol)
Travis on the other hand, I could see-- but I bet his younger bro is challenging him all the time....lol

Good Luck to the Ironmen kids, hope you all have a safe and successful year!

Now--- GO OAKS!!! ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

4 the kids ... Decided to come back to the internet community too huh? I bet the only reason you posted is because you missed 93bulldog sooooo much ... And was just waiten for the day the lost pup found his way back. Am I right, or am I right? :mrgreen:

Ozzie, biggdowgg - Although I have been invisible at the convo the past few winters; I plan on making up for it this coming basketball season by not missing a single game after the tourney starts!

It wil be very tough to top those few years, when we sat and watched that certain group of players from Ironton, Chesapeake, Lucasville, Portsmouth Clay, and so on ... and so on ... Those were awesome games, some of the best ive ever seen in when it comes to the hardwood.

Return to “Football”