WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Army
S

Re: Week 1 ~ Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:
BBallin fool wrote:HeyLogan! is a weak D1 School ! The OCC would be to much for them, That is why Chilly took the first free pass out.no b/s just facts!!!

All B.S., no facts!

Logan isn't D1. Logan is D2.

This league has 4 Division 2 teams, 2 Div. 3 team, and 3 D4 teams. Sounds to me like if anyone doesn't fit it's the 3 smaller teams.

The OCC wouldn't take Logan for the same reason they would have eventually kicked out Chillicothe. The Columbus suburbs are adding 1-2 schools a year, and they are sick of traveling outside of I-270. Marysville, Newark, and Lancaster are about hte only exceptions!

A better fit for Logan MIGHT be the MSL Ohio with Hamilton Twp, Teays Valley, and Canal Winchester, but they seem pretty happy right now and aren't looking for expansion.

Now THERE are some facts.

Got them mixed up. Those three MSL Teams are in the MSL-Buckeye Division not the Ohio Division :!: :-D

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Re: WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by goldeneagle54 »

As much as I would like to weigh in on the logan and GAHS debate, I would probably end up upset and saying a few things I shouldn't. Mainly because I still have a chip on my shoulder spurred from the fall of 2005, I should be over it but I had too good of a view to get it out of my memory...

Anyways....
GAHS should pull it out, but it my be closer than what people think..Several mistakes, penalties, and turnovers may let Athens to hang in there..Good Luck Blue...

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I think we all know what 2 olds problem is, he has too much time on his hands. I say sell your Camaro,cut your mullet and move out of your moms basement and see the rest of the world. I am also positive that on every report card 2 old received there was a comment "that he does not play well with others". It is great to support your favorite team but to constantly put down every team but yours is sad. I have respect for every team in our league,even Logan but you make it very difficult to cheer for them, but I guess they are all good kids and you are the one who we all should ignore. Dont be a hater and admit that you have a secret passion for Gallipolis and Ironton. It is ok to let everyone know your true feelings just be honest and let everyone know that you love the Blue and the Orange. By the way to stay just a bit on topic, GAHS 22- AHS 13.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 22
Gallia 18

* Now, I might be thinking a little crazy here, but Athens does have 2 (275-pound) Tackles ... A two-year returning letterman running the football, who was also an All-League selection ... So maybe they get a little luck their way, maybe a few bounces do to the 1st game of the year, maybe they run the ball fairly well-play descent defense and actually win the game Friday.?.?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LoganLocos wrote:
BBallin fool wrote:HeyLogan! is a weak D1 School ! The OCC would be to much for them, That is why Chilly took the first free pass out.no b/s just facts!!!

All B.S., no facts!

Logan isn't D1. Logan is D2.

This league has 4 Division 2 teams, 2 Div. 3 team, and 3 D4 teams. Sounds to me like if anyone doesn't fit it's the 3 smaller teams.

The OCC wouldn't take Logan for the same reason they would have eventually kicked out Chillicothe. The Columbus suburbs are adding 1-2 schools a year, and they are sick of traveling outside of I-270. Marysville, Newark, and Lancaster are about hte only exceptions!

A better fit for Logan MIGHT be the MSL Ohio with Hamilton Twp, Teays Valley, and Canal Winchester, but they seem pretty happy right now and aren't looking for expansion.

Now THERE are some facts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOW WHO'S WHINING ABOUT NUMBERS. IF BOB LUTZ HAD THAT MANY PLAYERS. WE'D BE PLAYING THE LIKES OF MASSILLON, MOELLER, HELL. WE NEARLY WERE ANYWAY. COLUMBUS , BISHOP WATTERSON, YOUNGSTOWN MOONEY , COLUMBUS BISHOP WATTERSON, WASHINGTON ARCH BISHOP CARROL HS , WASHINGTON DC, BELFRY, KY., LANCASTER. NEED I GO ON.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

gallia in this i wanna root for the tvc but i just don't see it happening.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Go Bulldogs.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Go Athens Bulldogs

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

^^^^^^^^ GAHS4EVER, I know there is a pretty good Ruby Tuesday's or Applebee's (I can't remember which one it is) on State St. I have eaten there a few times. That is the best restaurant that I can remember down that way.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Chinese buffet on state street ifin your into chinese

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Blacksunshine wrote:2old, I'm not cloudy, I have no interest in Logan football other than for you to explain the 1978 season. See I went to Loganfootball.com and didn't understand what happened in 1978, 0-1-1.

It was a teacher's strike.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

There is a new Donatos on State Street, just down from Applebees. There is also a new Chipoltle uptown. And Ruby Tuesday's is also on state street, past WalMart.

billyclydetuggle
Waterboy

Post by billyclydetuggle »

Blue Devils by three scores...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

gahs4ever wrote:ATHENS FANS: Since Damons closed down, I am not all that sure about where to eat in the State St area. We dont want a hamburger joint...would prefer a sitdown place with good eats. A buffet would be fine, but Ponderosa sucks. Any help you can give would be appreciated. PS I live in Rio Grande so Bob Evans is out! lol

If it's a nice day outside, I would highly recommend picking up a couple of pizzas from Avalanche Pizza and finding a place along the Hocking, or near the HS to eat them.

Avalanche pizza is awsome!!!

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

Thanks LoganLocos, just trying to understand the facts.

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

GAHS ...
looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Ruby Tuesday's is a good choice .. they have meals and sandwiches plus a good salad bar which can be obtained by itself and is always a good choice . also service and the food preparation is quick. It is located on East State Street a little beyond wall mart . There is also a Bennigan's on the left side of East State kist before the University Mall and Applebee's which is located on East State on the right just after you come off the bypass.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Just a reminder to all you Blue Devil Fans that Meet the Team will be held Thurs night down on Memorial Field….. You are being asked to donate a bar of soap or some kind of drink as a donation….. The team is in desperate need of drinking water for the locker room. The only working drinking fountain has been removed as part of the Kings new austerity program to save money…. The King and his Jesters have also removed all refrigerators, Microwaves, and coffee pots from all GAHS buildings and facilities.. No school employees (Not including the King and his Jesters) are allowed to have any of these items……. So please help out all you can…. Hey 2OLD & LL, you are also invited, you can make a donation also. Has Logan cut back on drinking water yet……LOL…..

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Blue,

We solved the drinking water problem. We put the new stadium right by the Hocking River. The final wind sprint of the day is who gets the first drink before the other guys muddy the waters. It is best to get yoru drink before the players break out the soap. But they don't use much soap. I say head for the Chicamaugua or how ever you spell it. It is still wet.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for the solution 2old..... It makes sense....... Good luck aganist the Gales this week & hope to see ya on week 4....

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good Luck to the Blue Devils and the SEOAL

Return to “Football”