Ironton 14 Coal Grove 12

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK8 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Ironton (4-3)

Post by Tigercannon71 »

ELChapo wrote:
Rosie wrote:What time do the gates open on Friday at the TANK?
6:00 PM
7:00 PM Kickoff

No they open at 5:45 not 6.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Buckeye09 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Gotta go with Ironton in this one. They handled Chesapeake, who I thought would win the OVC.

I know CG had the turnover bug against Peake or that game would have been much closer.

I think everyone in Southern Ohio is hoping for Ironton to win out, face Burg week 11, and watch IBTT crash and burn on SEOPS. The way he got blow away on here was even closer than the score week 1 vs Burg.....

Im thinking that someone had a little to much to drink last night. lol. " Everyone " in southern ohio wants What? Everyone in lawrence county will be pulling for CG tomorrow night and you know that as well as anyone does. You Know that the whole league is waiting for someone in the OVC to beat the arnton taggers. ; )

is Friday the night it actually happens. we'll have to see. my money is on the fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ALMOST THAT TIME FOR SOME SMASHMOUTH OHSAA FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DOWN SOUTH STYLE, LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS. LET'S YANK THEM STINGERS SLAP OUTTA THEM HORNETS--------------- GO TIGERS GO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

I just think the time is right for some reason.. I think CG has the heart and the team to win a close one this year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This is going to be a grind it out, team with the fewest mistakes wins. I know Ironton has beaten Chesapeake and Rock Hill so far, and they are the defending OVC Champ, I think Coal Grove learned from their close loss last year against Ironton and finds a way to reverse the score of last year. I will say Coal Grove 13 Ironton 6

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Injuries are caused by a number of things and for a number of reasons. The turf vs. natural grass war will always be waged with no definitive outcome. However, I played my grade school through high school years on natural grass and collegiate years on turf. I prefer natural grass but for no reason other than that is what I was most accustomed to. That being said, I look forward to one heck of a back yard brawl at the Tank tomorrow night. May the best team win and escape injury free to fight another day.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ironton by 14

AT THE RESERVATION
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Explain " Luck Out ". Just because they kept the game close with Ironton, they lucked out? Smh

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Buckeye09 wrote:
IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Explain " Luck Out ". Just because they kept the game close with Ironton, they lucked out? Smh
I think it means CG hasn't played Ironton when the tigers are 100% healthy. Just my interpretation.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Im picking Ironton until somebody in the OVC beats them. 16-14 Final.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
CGSports
Waterboy

Post by CGSports »

Coal Grove by a score.

Have found it funny that the same Tiger fans that use to make fun of the OVC are now excited that the Tigers are defending Champs and possibly on their way to a second conference title.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a feeling this is going to be a big ole battle rite chere.

FORREST GUMP
Waterboy

Post by FORREST GUMP »

FORREST SAYS: I think IBTT is full of DO DO!!!!! (Luck out) my a_ _ already making excuses!!!!

FORREST GUMP
Waterboy

Post by FORREST GUMP »

FORREST SAYS: injuries are part of the game. LUCK OUT!!!! BAHAHAHAHA

CGSports
Waterboy

Post by CGSports »

Food for thought: Grove wins tonight that would have the three smallest schools in the conference sharing the conference lead.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

I have a feeling that both teams will score the same amount of touchdowns. I think this game comes down to the extra point. If Coal Grove can score first and put 8 on the board, will Ironton chase those points, or settle for a guaranteed one? Also, look for a field goal attempt or two from Ironton if they cant punch it in.

Theherd83
Waterboy

Post by Theherd83 »

Looking at joeeitel I don't think Tigers can make playoffs even winning out. They would need mass amounts of help because teams ahead of them have very easy games, almost impossible to lose. I look at max pts winning out, min points winning out. I think it would be a difficult task. The Russell game killed them on points. Alot to be decided and I've been wrong on Harbin points before.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

The Oaf wrote:
Buckeye09 wrote:

I think it means CG hasn't played Ironton when the tigers are 100% healthy. Just my interpretation.
Agree. I think an excuse about your team not being 100% is like saying your team has injuries because of Turf. Hmmmm
Like other teams dont have injuries because of turf. Accept it and move on. And accept your team not being 100 % and move on.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

CGSports wrote:Coal Grove by a score.

Have found it funny that the same Tiger fans that use to make fun of the OVC are now excited that the Tigers are defending Champs and possibly on their way to a second conference title.

And also the same fans that get mad at Burg fans for rubbing them so hard, are the same Tiger fans that gloat at the ovc schools they beat?

Return to “Football”