Any Predictions on T.V.C. Ohio?

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

Any Predictions on T.V.C. Ohio?

Post by 2sport09senior!! »

who do u think will win the tvc ohio this year??
what are some important games???

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Any Predictions on T.V.C. Ohio?

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

DA BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

and wat makes u so sure that will happen, there is a few teams this year that is going to be competing for the title!! i think it will end up between the vikes and the bucks but look at last year!! go vikes!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Gilligan, I'll agree with your top three. Athens will be better than what people expect. They aren't playing Ironton, Jackson and Logan anymore and it will make a difference in their record.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1-NY
2-belpre
3-v.c.
4-Athens
5-meigs
6-alex
7-welston

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

when v.c scrimaged athens it was an ok game but v.c. always came out on top. Of course im gonna say i think vikes can win t.v.c., witch is a big possibility this year. but once again i think it will be a hell of a hard fout t.v.c.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is my outlook for 2008:

1. Nelsonville-York

2. Belpre

3.-5. Athens/Meigs/Vinton County

6.-7. Alexander/Wellston

The Buckeyes are returning a lot and are always in the hunt for the title, even in down years. It's hard to bet against the Buckeyes in any given year, as they have won the league title nearly 50% of the time dating back to the early 1970's. The Buckeyes will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder as they are determined to bring the league championship back to Nelsonville.

The Golden Eagles are scrappy and get maximum output from the few players they have. Hopefully their recent success will help increase the number of boys who play football in Belpre so they can consistently challenge for the league title as they did in the '70s and '80s.

The Bulldogs have the potential to finish as high as third or as low as fifth. Over the years of watching Athens and Nelsonville-York play every season as a non-league game, I can say that many of the Athens teams that had down years actually played NY closer than some of the TVC schools. Had Athens joined the TVC in 1990, I think some of their recent mediocrity would have been hidden because they would have benefited from not playing Logan, Jackson, etc. year in and year out. That said, the only years Athens would have challenged for the TVC Championship since 1990 would have been 2001 and 2002. If the parents and student body get excited about football again at Athens, the Bulldogs are going to be a top notch program in the TVC.

The Marauders have the potential to finish as high as third or as low as fifth. Meigs has been in a funk this decade and have had some really good teams that for one reason or another have lost the big games that counted most. I'm not sure what it is that Meigs needs, but something seems to be missing, and whatever that missing piece is, if Meigs finds it, they will be at the top of the TVC again. Meigs had a great run in the league when first joining in the 1980s, and had a good run in the late 1990's as well. I don't want to say that Meigs chokes in the big games, but I will say that Meigs is the one team in the league that has had the most talent this decade with the least to show for it.

The Vikings have the potential to finish as high as third or low as fifth. Vinton County has traditionally been down in football, so any year that shows promise should get the fans excited. Like Meigs, the Vikings have been in a funk this decade and the times Vinton County had a decent team, they failed to win the big games. I would like to see some of the basketball magic at VC rub off on the football team.

The Spartans got the monkey off their back last year and won their first league game since joining the TVC Ohio in 1997 by defeating Wellston. (Alexander had won league games in the old unified TVC prior to 1993). I think that whoever wins the Alexander/Wellston game this year will be the team who stays out of the basement in the league standings.

The Golden Rockets are going through some rough times. I think it has more to do with internal conflict than it does with actual talent. The players are there, they just need trained in a consistent fashion. It's hard to do that when a program switches coaches all the time. I can think of two coaches Wellston has had this decade who I feel could have done great things for this program, but for whatever reason, the coaches are no longer at the school. You have to give a coach enough time to have a program built from top to bottom, it cannot happen overnight. The talent in the players is there, what's missing is the consistency of having one coach and a consistent style of play from biddy league through high school. If Wellston can defeat Alexander this season, they should stay out of the basement in the league standings.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I believe the Spartans got that monkey off their back in 2006 with a win over Belpre.

broncofan09
Varsity

Post by broncofan09 »

1-NY
2-Belpre
3-V.C.
4-Meigs
5. Athens
6-Alex
7-Welston

Here is my predictions for the 2009 season. I do believe that even with out English they can make the top 4 maybe even top 3.

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

All i got to say is y'all go ahead and rank teams as u want, but i think a lot of you will be very very suprized!!!! and sry bit I CANT WAIT, this will b my senior year and will expecting to win the tvc!! but once again good luck to all.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2sport09senior!! wrote:All i got to say is y'all go ahead and rank teams as u want, but i think a lot of you will be very very suprized!!!! and sry bit I CANT WAIT, this will b my senior year and will expecting to win the tvc!! but once again good luck to all.

That is why the game is played.
Me and evryone else can try to predict how things will shake out, but we won't know until the games are played. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Good luck AHS on your first of many years in the TVC

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Athens has a lot of work ahead of them. Alot of things need to change and just trying to get more kids out to play. I dont think its a short term fix. Give them 3 or 4 years.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Predictions are just that PREDICTIONS. However they are what makes sites like this interesting. How many people had Belpre winning the Ohio last year? My guess would be very few. Its hard to say how teenagers will preform on a given night.

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

the teenage thing is deffinetly right!! but who knows wat will happen

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

I think meigs does better than people think, this is the same jv team that went undefeated two years ago. meigs destroyed belpre last year and i didnt think they were that good. I know they were co tvc champs but i dont know how they did it. athens lost bad to meigs and ny, and i dont think theyll do that good. it will be between meigs, ny, and vc.

1. Meigs
2. N.Y.
3. V.C.
4. Belpre
5. Athens
6. Alex
7. Wellston

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

smash_mouth wrote:Meigs destroyed belpre last year and i didnt think they were that good. I know they were co tvc champs but i dont know how they did it.

They did it by having the best defensive unit in the TVC. Remember Belpre 10 NY 6

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs was the best on defence in the tvc and this was without rick colburn who was maybe their best defender. if he plays, the will win it all. before you ask, i do not know why he did not play. but he lettered as a fresman and and a soph so as a senior he should be really good.

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

Eagles20 wrote:
smash_mouth wrote:Meigs destroyed belpre last year and i didnt think they were that good. I know they were co tvc champs but i dont know how they did it.

They did it by having the best defensive unit in the TVC. Remember Belpre 10 NY 6

yea, their defense was great
meigs 42 belpre 12
you could really tell in that game :lol: 8)

Return to “Football”