Chesapeake 48 Portsmouth 13

bbn77
All Conference

Re: WK7 Portsmouth (4-2) @ Chesapeake (5-1)

Post by bbn77 »

Bumping this one. Both teams still alive for an OVC crown

ROLL PEAKE
Rosie
Waterboy

Post by Rosie »

Peake will win big 45-13

Truthhurts
Waterboy

Post by Truthhurts »

35-29 Peake

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The last time Portsmouth beat Chesapeake was in 2007 by the score of 60-13. Chesapeake went 3-7 that year while Portsmouth finished at 8-3.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Jason Vorhees wrote:The last time Portsmouth beat Chesapeake was in 2007 by the score of 60-13. Chesapeake went 3-7 that year while Portsmouth finished at 8-3.
Portsmouth joined the OVC in football in 2015. Hasn't last year's game been the only game played between these two since 2007?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think so, but weren't they also week one opponents for awhile as well?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I think so, but weren't they also week one opponents for awhile as well?
For a really long time actually.

ROLL PEAKE
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

New inside information .. Trojans by 14

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Recent meetings
2002 Portsmouth 48 Peake 8
2003 Portsmouth 20 Peake 6
2004 Portsmouth 47 Peake 6
2005 Portsmouth 27 Peake 20
2006 Portsmouth 71 Peake 44
2007 Portsmouth 60 Peake 13
2015 Peake 49 Portsmouth 18

Who Dey!
Letskeepitreal
Waterboy

Post by Letskeepitreal »

This Trojan team is hard to predict. There are improving which is great. But to me there lines are weak. Every game opponent offense and defensive runs right thru us. We have great skill players. We set 13 in points I don't believe we get in even if a miracle happens and we win out. I hope we win but it depends if the kids get mad and block. They beat coal grove by 20 and coal grove manhandled us. I can't predict a score. Too hard.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

High scoring game?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Letskeepitreal wrote:This Trojan team is hard to predict. There are improving which is great. But to me there lines are weak. Every game opponent offense and defensive runs right thru us. We have great skill players. We set 13 in points I don't believe we get in even if a miracle happens and we win out. I hope we win but it depends if the kids get mad and block. They beat coal grove by 20 and coal grove manhandled us. I can't predict a score. Too hard.
I don't know what you been watching but both sides of the line is the heart and soul of this team. On offense the backs need to hit the holes and on defense a dummy could see its linebacker play.

The Oaf
SEO

Re: WK 7: Portsmouth @ Chesapeake

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:Peake by 3 scores.

The Trojans dropped to 13th in the region after the loss to CG. If they lose to Peake and beat Fairland, SP and Ironton, it still doesnt look like enough points to get them back in the top 8 spots.

Good luck to the Trojans....if they can somehow pull this game out they will be looking good come week 11.
I hear ya BR, Portsmouth won't beat Ironton either. They'll finish 6-4 and out of the top 10 in the region I believe.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Play hard Trojans,could be a tough week for us, but play hard and the cards play out

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:
Letskeepitreal wrote:This Trojan team is hard to predict. There are improving which is great. But to me there lines are weak. Every game opponent offense and defensive runs right thru us. We have great skill players. We set 13 in points I don't believe we get in even if a miracle happens and we win out. I hope we win but it depends if the kids get mad and block. They beat coal grove by 20 and coal grove manhandled us. I can't predict a score. Too hard.
I don't know what you been watching but both sides of the line is the heart and soul of this team. On offense the backs need to hit the holes and on defense a dummy could see its linebacker play.
Line is terrible on both sides of the ball lol. Purdy can't stand in the pocket and throw because he's under pressure, always has to throw on the run. Backs hit the hole well, especially Lansing. Defensive line doesn't get much pressure but I feel it's better than in years past and is better than the offensive line.

Who Dey!
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

:roll:
PTrojan59 wrote:
Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:

This shows exactly what you know. The passes are designed roll outs out of the pocket and if you would watch the films you would see the d line is doing there job. The linebackers stand there.

Line is terrible on both sides of the ball lol. Purdy can't stand in the pocket and throw because he's under pressure, always has to throw on the run. Backs hit the hole well, especially Lansing. Defensive line doesn't get much pressure but I feel it's better than in years past and is better than the offensive line.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

This shows me exactly what you know wich is nothing. These are designed roll outs and if you would watch the film you would see the line is doing there job and the d line is doing there's " plenty of penetration" linebacker play is horrible.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:This shows me exactly what you know wich is nothing. These are designed roll outs and if you would watch the film you would see the line is doing there job and the d line is doing there's " plenty of penetration" linebacker play is horrible.
Lmao I'm thinking maybe you don't know the game of football bud. I don't need to watch film to know that Purdy has to improvise every play because he has absolutely no one blocking for him. I never said some aren't designed roll outs, but come on not every single one is a roll out lol. Absolutely no penetration from the d line, linebackers aren't playing very well I agree but they can only do so much with a bad d line in front of them. I'm not really shocked you feel the way you do, I mean aren't you the same Portsmouth fan who predicted a Coal Grove win as well as a Peake win because of your so called intel lol.

Who Dey!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I have watched Ptown 3 times this year. The line isn't good. Purdy has no time in the pocket. I wish good luck to the Trojans in this contest, if the line can figure out how to block they can be in this one!

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

:roll:
PTrojan59 wrote:
Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:This shows me exactly what you know wich is nothing. These are designed roll outs and if you would watch the film you would see the line is doing there job and the d line is doing there's " plenty of penetration" linebacker play is horrible.
Lmao I'm thinking maybe you don't know the game of football bud. I don't need to watch film to know that Purdy has to improvise every play because he has absolutely no one blocking for him. I never said some aren't designed roll outs, but come on not every single one is a roll out lol. Absolutely no penetration from the d line, linebackers aren't playing very well I agree but they can only do so much with a bad d line in front of them. I'm not really shocked you feel the way you do, I mean aren't you the same Portsmouth fan who predicted a Coal Grove win as well as a Peake win because of your so called intel lol.
lmao I've never picked Coal Grove or PEAKE . You don't need to see film cause you can evaluate everything with your own eyes every play. Smdh. If they don't make some changes with the defensive coordinator they will never win. They haven't stopped anyone in a 4-4 defense. You have to have stud linebackers and that the Trojans don't have.

Return to “Football”