Ironton 28 Chesapeake 12

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton 28 Chesapeake 12

Post by softballfan2112 »

People can talk about this team and that, but until Ironton actually loses to an OVC team you have to consider them the class of the OVC.

Better Find Bob
Waterboy

Post by Better Find Bob »

Nice win by the Tigers over Chokeapeake.

Good to see so many Tiger fans come out of hiding after the game. The cockroaches have returned.

Hasn't been the same here without you. I bet you are already hoping for that rematch with the Burg!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Whoever said that Chesapeake had a good passing attack was WAY off the mark. Probably attempted 5 passes at best. Maybe 1 or 2 completions.

Teams with a mediocre passing game play right into Ironton's hands.

Also, Chesapeake's D-Line just got pushed around all night. They looked soft.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good win Ironton.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is Ironton back on track?
Good win last night for the Tigers

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I told you ole bait had a feeling down in his lower unit. I just felt that Chesapeake had not been tested. I have never saw a game where ironton literally ran between the tackles all night. with the exception of 2 forward passes. one complete, one int. on peake. it sure felt good to be home. visit with my pappy and listen to a raucous crowd on a Friday night. bottom line ironton played awesome, I mean awesome defense, and offensively ran it down the neck of the panthers. the peake defense was exhausted, and on the field all night. as early as the 1st qtr. they were gassed. ironton sustained their line blocks. and tanner Wilson is definitely ironton's bell cow. he's a fine, fine running back. overall the tigers looked much hungrier than what I've been hearing on the radio. sure hope to make the game against the 5-1 tribe.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM CHESAPEAKE THEY ARE A FINE TEAM, IRONTON JUST GROUND OUT A TOUGH WIN ON THE GROUND. THE PANTHERS WILL STILL WIN A LOT MORE FOOTBALL GAMES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wow, were people really down on Ironton coming into this one. Guess all that incredible speed Peake has didn't show up. Congrats to Ironton nothing like getting totally wrote off and then winning it hands down

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

the Tigers played ground and pound and it worked. The Peake players looked mentally weak after falling behind. And they were obviously worn out from getting the ball ran down their throat the entire game. Losing the starting QB didn't help either, but im not sure it would have made a difference.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The switch has been turned on the comments by some Ironton fans just from one game. Many Ironton so called fans are mourning that their team was not blown out so that the head coach would have been let go. Next week is a game with the same coaching staff. Wonder what music is going to be payed by the bandwagon fans.
Players have to put out effort and take responsibility for their play in the game. But that was 1 game and that is now in the past. Next

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

As a longtime peake fan I hated to see this outcome. Fans were dull after the loss of the qb. Lots of heads hung after Ironton ground pounded them first series after the half. Congrats to Ironton on the big win! Win or loss I love to see a game won in the trenches.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

greygoose wrote:Wow, were people really down on Ironton coming into this one. Guess all that incredible speed Peake has didn't show up. Congrats to Ironton nothing like getting totally wrote off and then winning it hands down
Peak had speed they showed it twice with long TD runs.
Ironton played smart and kept the ball away from them.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

farmer wrote:The switch has been turned on the comments by some Ironton fans just from one game. Many Ironton so called fans are mourning that their team was not blown out so that the head coach would have been let go. Next week is a game with the same coaching staff. Wonder what music is going to be payed by the bandwagon fans.
Players have to put out effort and take responsibility for their play in the game. But that was 1 game and that is now in the past. Next

Vass and his joke of a staff are still an embarrassment and need to go. Beating OVC teams is nothing.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Joke of a staff. Some of them were on the staff under Lutz. So Lutz was a joke also. What a way of thinking you have. Guess the program can't wait until ElChapo is running it.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

This staff definitely earned the right for plenty of criticism. I don't see how anyone can dispute that. It is important to for the community to support these kids wearing the orange and black. This group of tigers are sophomore dominated and are finally maturing into a varsity product. Adult decisions will be made this winter regarding the staff one way or the other by our school board. Support the kids this fall!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

High Roller wrote:This staff definitely earned the right for plenty of criticism. I don't see how anyone can dispute that. It is important to for the community to support these kids wearing the orange and black. This group of tigers are sophomore dominated and are finally maturing into a varsity product. Adult decisions will be made this winter regarding the staff one way or the other by our school board. Support the kids this fall!
So the sophomore maturing into a varsity product as you say has nothing to do with coaching. Finally buying in and doing what needs to be done on the field as a team. When these adult decisions are made all the adults need to understand that it is a Team sport. That time needs to be put in and the game is played on the field. Just because something doesn't go your way you do not cry about it being the coaches fault. Time for parents to buy a mirror for their player and themselves to look at. So they can ask Am I doing all I can do to positive support the success of the team. As you said above community support did show up this game. But how many have not supported for whatever reason. True fans or excuse fans for not being there. Strange because that is how the team plays.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Too many adults want winning every year. It just will not happen. You can always have good players but some years they are not better than others.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

farmer wrote:
High Roller wrote:This staff definitely earned the right for plenty of criticism. I don't see how anyone can dispute that. It is important to for the community to support these kids wearing the orange and black. This group of tigers are sophomore dominated and are finally maturing into a varsity product. Adult decisions will be made this winter regarding the staff one way or the other by our school board. Support the kids this fall!
So the sophomore maturing into a varsity product as you say has nothing to do with coaching. Finally buying in and doing what needs to be done on the field as a team. When these adult decisions are made all the adults need to understand that it is a Team sport. That time needs to be put in and the game is played on the field. Just because something doesn't go your way you do not cry about it being the coaches fault. Time for parents to buy a mirror for their player and themselves to look at. So they can ask Am I doing all I can do to positive support the success of the team. As you said above community support did show up this game. But how many have not supported for whatever reason. True fans or excuse fans for not being there. Strange because that is how the team plays.

Tiger staff had them ready to play on Friday. No disputing that. I hope the same effort, discipline, and intensity is there every Friday night for the rest of the season. It certainly was lacking early in the year. This team can win out with that type of effort and salvage an OVC title from the season. Playoffs probably shouldn't be mentioned in the city limits until week 10 if at all. I can't answer for everyone but I will support these kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree roller, mathematically winning out they may not even make it. they are playing for pride right now. and we'll just have to see what happens. still a lot of key games yet. but nothing is more important than rock hill Friday night now.

Return to “Football”