1%
Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC 2016

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

shoulda, coulda, woulda--------- that's why they play the games on the field. let's see how much fight is left in the fighting tigers.and if if's and but's was candy n nuts oh whatta merry Christmas we would have had. the fighting tigers are the only OVC team that can say they are unbeaten in league play since joining the league. and the parity in the league is awesome , so it should get crazy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

A lot of football left to play. The OVC as a whole IS improved on last year, but, each team still has the opportunity to improve even more and I believe they each will.

I still say the league is a toss up and way too early to predict final season records. But there are a lot of fun matchups to watch for (I love and agree with your list Henry...). I think we will some exciting OVC matchups and it will be very fun to see how it all plays out on the field of play.

I've only got to see the Redmen play so far this season and I feel they have improved on last season. Again I in no way can I give a prediction of how they will finish, but they are playing hard, they are in good physical shape, and there is good mix of veteran play and young kids stepping up in big spots. They are also playing good disciplined football, I've seen good in-game and halftime adjustments made by the staff especially after falling down 14-0 to the Oaks.

I also know this weekend's game for the Redmen is going to be a good test and if they win will be a win earned against a much improved Portsmouth team.

Again best of luck to all OVC teams on an injury free week...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

knightruner wrote:Yep I heard that same story last year too and guess who won the OVC? the same team that is going to win it this year. Your selling the tigers short folks. You pull on that tiger tail and your going to get bitten. I think the tigers are just pissed off enough right now to start knocking some heads off. Well we will soon find out.
And then hopefully make it into the 8 seed again. :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:A lot of football left to play. The OVC as a whole IS improved on last year, but, each team still has the opportunity to improve even more and I believe they each will.

I still say the league is a toss up and way too early to predict final season records. But there are a lot of fun matchups to watch for (I love and agree with your list Henry...). I think we will some exciting OVC matchups and it will be very fun to see how it all plays out on the field of play.

I've only got to see the Redmen play so far this season and I feel they have improved on last season. Again I in no way can I give a prediction of how they will finish, but they are playing hard, they are in good physical shape, and there is good mix of veteran play and young kids stepping up in big spots. They are also playing good disciplined football, I've seen good in-game and halftime adjustments made by the staff especially after falling down 14-0 to the Oaks.

I also know this weekend's game for the Redmen is going to be a good test and if they win will be a win earned against a much improved Portsmouth team.

Again best of luck to all OVC teams on an injury free week...
I agree, great post.....

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

P(irate) wrote:
knightruner wrote:Yep I heard that same story last year too and guess who won the OVC? the same team that is going to win it this year. Your selling the tigers short folks. You pull on that tiger tail and your going to get bitten. I think the tigers are just pissed off enough right now to start knocking some heads off. Well we will soon find out.
Have some nice ColdH2O. :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Have some nice ColdH2O. :lol:
Lol we will! You, Enjoy basketball season :lol: :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

knightruner wrote:Ironton beats Ashland this coming week they will run the table in the OVC.

I sure hope so runner.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
chubby_checker
Waterboy

Post by chubby_checker »

Ironton will win the OVC this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow, I listened to this game last night and the thought in my head that kept coming to the forefront was if we don't beat south point next week, we may not win another game. they just sounded like there was no fight left in the fighting tigers. it truly is sad to see. and like 79tiger said. when you're on the field you don't even really hear or pay attention to the crowd because you are so focused , bodies going everywhere. hits coming from anywhere. you hear the occasional eruption of the crowd. but you should already be focused and fired up.i have talked with so many players through the last couple of years, and they all say the same thing. time for a complete over haul of everything.i still love my tigers, hate that I can't be there for them. but I have listened to every painful minute of all 4 games.my heart goes out to everybody involved, players , fans, band, cheerleaders, past players. and coal grove, Chesapeake, and rock hill are rolling. I wasn't even aware that rock hill lost till about 10:20 am Saturday. I thought they won. so that must have been a crazy finish. last I heard on the radio I thought they were still ahead. gonna be a longggggggg rest of the season. and teams that never had a chance with the tigers may just tee of on them. but you cannot lose until you quit trying . no matter what the record is. sad times at dear ole ironton high

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

chubby_checker wrote:Ironton will win the OVC this year.

I sure as hell hope so because I don't want my tax dollars going to rebuilding that shithole of a town when they burn it to the ground because they lost to county schools....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
chubby_checker
Waterboy

Post by chubby_checker »

BigChuck.....chill out Teex

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

After one game of conference play:

Ironton 1-0
Portsmouth 1-0
Chesapeake 1-0
Coal Grove 1-0
Gallia 0-1
Fairland 0-1
Rock Hill 0-1
South Point 0-1

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The upcoming game vs. the Blue Devils is a trap game of sorts for my Trojans. Any conference game should be intense and competitive, this one will be no different. Just hope the young guns don't overlook the Devils from the French City before huge games @ Peake and Grove. These next three games will tell the tale and paint a solid picture of how this will shake out. I know the staff has them focused. I know everyone involved with the program is hungry for a return to the postseason. We may not scare elite teams yet but, it's all a process. I like the strides we've seen so far.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OVC TEAMS FRIDAY. THE LEAGUE RACES WILL BE HEATING UP.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Need to move this back to the top, before it gets lost. Great weeks of football in the next few weeks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there indeed are some big money games coming up. for ironton alone they have upcoming Chesapeake, rock hill, coal grove, gahs n Portsmouth. and big matchups all over the league towards the end. it will be an exciting finish I think. will a county team finally beat ironton, will Ironton/Portsmouth be a marquee matchup again. and huge matchups throughout the league as well as brand new rivalries being drawn in the sand.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Any truth to South Point firing their coach last night. If so, was their an event that happened to cause this? Or was it an 0-5 season and he no longer had the support of the district? Either way, I feel bad for the kids. Its hard enough dealing with an 0-5 start, now this.....tough situation all around.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Standings after 2 games :
Chesapeake 2-0
Portsmouth 2-0
Ironton 2-0
Rock Hill 1-1
Coal Grove 1-1
South Point 0-2
Fairland 0-2
Gallia 0-2

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Portsmouth beats Coal Grove that sets up a huge week 7 that's for sure.

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Coach Coffman is gone, he has been replaced by interim coach Chase Kratzenberg.

Return to “Football”